Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
StuffGal

Introducing... Stuff Gal!

#511 Post by StuffGal »

...Yup.

My name's Stuff Gal, and I'm located at Florida, in the U.S. I joined this forum so I wouldn't pop a blood vessel trying to figure out how to do certain bits of programming XD Despite that, though, I really think the Ren'Py engine is great... once I nail out the kinks, it'll be so easy to make the game! ^_^ And it'll look and work really nicely to boot! XD

And, as an added bonus (?), I can list my interests! Some stuff that I'm really into are One Piece, kitties, and mathematics.

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

Re: Guestbook

#512 Post by Vatina »

HoA wrote:A friend referred me here after she made a game with the game-maker engine. I'm impressed so far. She did a great job.
Welcome, HoA ^^ I hope you'll fin this place useful!

And welcome to StuffGal too :)

themocaw
Regular

#513 Post by themocaw »

After a long hiatus I return.

Kitouski
Projects: Me and My Shadow

#514 Post by Kitouski »

Hello peoples! I've been using Ren'py for about a year now but decided to join the forums as of today ^^;;
"Hermits have no peer pressure." - Steven Wright

Magedark
Regular
Projects: The 4Koma Visual Novel Thingy

#515 Post by Magedark »

Evening everyone. I started using Ren'Py about 5 months ago, and I decided to get more into it. So, I hope to learn a lot and maybe release a project while I'm here.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#516 Post by mugenjohncel »

- POST NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nanie
Regular
Projects: Nanie's Zanie Adventure System [PnP]

#517 Post by Nanie »

Heya. I'm pretty well known! ... Okay uh, known by those that know me err... Alright, I've got no real big badges of glory hah.

I did the usual thing. Made overly complex RPG Maker 2000/2003 games that never got finished, maker of random nonsense Pen and Paper games, working on a failure cardgame [1] [2] [3] that is way not finished... (Felt like showing you a slight bit of my terrible artwork) Alright well cutting to the deal. I was looking for random games to pass the time - or uh, some things I forgot about Phantom Brave, but stumbled on a Ren'Py game. Now I quickly realized when I saw two that it must be some sort of engine, and I was determined to find the thing. I eventually found it (unluckily overlooking the obvious engine name rendering searching impossible) and snagged The Fucking Question. I laughed my ass off and when I read more in the extras I quickly came to the conclusion that this dude who made this must indeed, like mudkipz. ... Or be cool anyway. That's the main motive - that and pointing out in case you can/want to deal with it, there's a part where when you first talk to Sylvie instead of it being "Banong" with his image it says "Me." You were probably already told or whatnot but I wanted to say something.

Well, to sum things up - I love creating games and playing games with either a decent backbone of a story or some mediocre amount of genuine effort put into it. Okay I lie, some half-ass games can rock ass. Though I royally blow when it comes to artwork. *sigh* I'm gonna need to bribe an artist somewhere. T.T

But on a different note, I like how you portrayed it. Fuck, I wish I knew the original script! That must be awesome! Er, good to meet you, happy new year and all that hubba jubba, I intend to stick around a bit. This is a long ass post as it is so I should just shut it.

Edit: This is about the extent of my artwork's power
Example 2: Someone on Gaia wanted a 'sign' from me. She had "I'm not fucking ok" in her sig.
Make a Nanie's Zanie Adventure Pen and Paper character for the hell of it! I'll send you your overly complex stat sheets! [PM me, I feel like having people play over the net or cool NPCs so SEND!]

Kitouski
Projects: Me and My Shadow

#518 Post by Kitouski »

Nanie wrote:I eventually found it (unluckily overlooking the obvious engine name rendering searching impossible) and snagged The Fucking Question. I laughed my ass off and when I read more in the extras I quickly came to the conclusion that this dude who made this must indeed, like mudkipz. ... Or be cool anyway. That's the main motive - that and pointing out in case you can/want to deal with it, there's a part where when you first talk to Sylvie instead of it being "Banong" with his image it says "Me." You were probably already told or whatnot but I wanted to say something.
The perpetrator is ironically one post above your head. XD And welcome Nanie! =D
"Hermits have no peer pressure." - Steven Wright

Nanie
Regular
Projects: Nanie's Zanie Adventure System [PnP]

#519 Post by Nanie »

Oh well I'll be damned! xD
Take that, ironic justice!
Make a Nanie's Zanie Adventure Pen and Paper character for the hell of it! I'll send you your overly complex stat sheets! [PM me, I feel like having people play over the net or cool NPCs so SEND!]

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#520 Post by mugenjohncel »

- POST NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

#521 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

And the Doctor from Italy is back ! :D

I was a bit active here around 2005, then I have a bit neglected the renai & Ren'Py scene; some six months ago, I looked here and there out of curiosity, and I was amazed of the bounds & leaps done by Renai & Ren'py scene, as showed by this simple statistic:

Code: Select all

~/opt/renai/renpy$ du -s *
257364	2005
467392	2006
1194896	2007
1639848	2008
whose definitively impressed me more than favorably... And I'm watching (& playing) the Ren'py scene much more frequently, and I decided in this 2009 to return more active in this scene :)

My full & heartfelt congrats to PyTom and all the people of the Ren'Py scene for the excellent work done !!!

For the presentation, I'm from Italy, born in Rome nearby 40 years ago and living near Naples, my main activity is the study of the Naval & military history, (among many other scholar-like activities), programming & scripting in at least a dozen different languages (Python & Ren'py included, of course), fiddling with software, reading, and playing with games whose have a deep history, keep active the mind and can give food for the mind (that is, aside ren'ai games, CRPG (esp. Japanese), Interactive fiction (that is, text adventures), war games (old school, that is, not real-time, but turn-based) Now one can understand why I really like ren'ai: because they can have excellent storytelling (and of a type of storytelling sadly neglected in mainstream games...) and, in VN's, pondering the next move in the play.

Side note, I'm deaf, and if in my recensing & commenting I don't say about sound, pls don't worry :D

Hope this suffice; happy coding, drawing & playing !
Best regards from Italy,
Dott. Piergiorgio.

Kuyukly

#522 Post by Kuyukly »

Um yo! I'm Kuyukly, but you can call me Kyu, Kuy, Kuyu, or Ben...or whatever variant of my username you can think of :)

I'm 20 years old (21 in a couple days)
the best spellchecker you'll find (not a single grammar or spelling error can escape my hawklike eyes (though i'll often ignore them))
I just found Ren'py last night and was very intrigued as I've been looking into putting together visual novels with my best friend (quite the artist). :) So here I am, by extension, at the Lemmasoft forum. Nice to meet y'all.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#523 Post by DaFool »

Welcome all! :D

ChaosBladeDC

#524 Post by ChaosBladeDC »

Hello :D
My name is Daniel, Im located in Berlin/Germany. I am 15 years old and quite interested in any games with good storylines, that's why I got here. I am interested in coding and scripting, but Im still inexperienced. Nevertheless, I have a lot of spare time, and right now Im doing a little project for my friends. When it's finished I'll translated so you may play it aswell.

For the questions mentioned in the first post:

I like some mushrooms, but I prefer other food

My undies? *loks at them* Uhm, you don't wanna know

IsharaComix
Projects: @CameliaGirls

#525 Post by IsharaComix »

Name: Ishara
Original Pride and Joy: Drawing Comics
Drawing Skills: Mediocre
Favorite Programming Language: Python
First RAA VN Ever Played: "My Teacher" -> http://www.renai.us/game/mytc.shtml
Favorite Political Movements: Free Software, Creative Commons
Special Skill: Writing unnecessarily long self-introductions

Website: http://isharacomix.com (it's... uh... rather empty)
dA Page: http://ishara.deviantart.com

Let me just throw a quick shout-out to PyTom and the folks who helped make the Ren'Py Engine. You guys did a good thing, making an easy-to-use scripting language and releasing it under a Free License. When I saw it in the Ubuntu Software repositories, I knew I had to do something with it. Way to go. I'm done now. Sorry for my unnecessarily long self-introduction.