Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
Akwatyka

Re: Guestbook

#646 Post by Akwatyka »

georgmay wrote:
Akwatyka wrote:Well, um... hi ^w^. I didn't know where to post first, so I thought about starting here XD

Feel free to call me Akwa, or Akwatyka. Whatever you prefer =3
I'm an amateur anime artist who has a manga project called Futurity.
Maybe some of you know me via my deviantART, MangaBullet, or Website >w<

Oh and I come from France ^_^.

Well, that's it for now >w<
Hi! :wink:
are you have a plans for creating VN?
I was always interested by making a video game, but stuff like RPG Maker was too "common" for me XD *shot*
And then I discovered Ren'Py, an updated, great software <3

And so now, I'm testing out stuffs in Ren'Py, to be ready to make a VN :3

Pink

#647 Post by Pink »

So lets see... Hmmm... Well first off my name is Pink, thought that's obvious because it is the name of the poster so of course it'd be my name. I never was really interested in Visual Novels until two weeks ago when I was up late one night over at a friends house and oddly enough, he fell asleep before I did (usually i fall asleep first whenever I hang over at places... I am one of those rare scary morning peoples). Anyways, he said before he crashed that I could help myself to whatever games he had on his computer, so I did, and ended up playing/reading Tsuki-Hime.

I've been a very artistic and creative person since I was born. Its in my nature to be so, and finding a new or unique way to do something, or creating something unique is a very satisfying feeling for me. I was never one to draw as a kid thanks to my hyper activity and constant running around and being a nuisance to my parents (Not to mention my mind can't grasp spatial things that well, so imagining shapes is hard for me). But I was always coming up with stories. Sometimes they were to cover up mischief, sometimes they were simply for the joy of conceiving something.

The fact that everyone except my mother has been involved in Music for more then ten years also is a great influence on me. I have no doubt that it has affect how I 'feel' the world around me. In all cases to be told, the idea I have for a VN that I am drafting at the moment was inspired by a Concert Band piece by Frank Tichelli titled "Blue Shades", which can actually be found on his composing site, along with other amazing pieces of his.

I just realized after previewing my post to make sure I got those links correctly put in for the song and Tichelli's site that I never mentioned my gender, so I guess that might be something I'd want to mention now; I'm male despite having pink as a favorite color... So shut up.

I've gone a long while without any sort of drive, as if the flame of my passions was entombed in doldrums. I guess thats bound to happen when you just go to class every day in a haze of mediocrity. But when I played Tsuki-Hime, it reignited and I said to myself "Wow... I want to make something" (I didn't ACTUALLY say that that out loud). I never really had considered the Visual Novel literary form before, so it was a pretty big surprise to me how much I became engrossed in it. I spent at least a few nights just pondering and throwing together mis-matched pieces of thoughts together in my mind in vain attempts to find interesting topics. I brain stormed, I talked and discussed with my buddies... But my fire wasn't really interested in any of the ideas I came up with. It was waiting for something else, waiting for just the right inspiration to take me from pondering to conceiving my ideas.

Then suddenly one night I recalled a song I played in concert band in Highschool : "Blue Shades". My memory of the song was not very great, so I typed in Frank Tichelli's name into Google, found his home page... And BAM, he had it available for listening on his own page. So I listened, and a chill went up my spine and I closed my eyes. Something just came together between my creativity and my passion, the inspiration I was waiting for came to me in a daydream.

The day dream wasn't of plots nor names nor events nor crazy action scenes... It was of the feeling of the characters themselves, the 'sound' of their character and expressions.

So I started Drafting, and on the same day I began looking around on the internet for English Visual Novel communities, realizing that there is no better support for a writer than to see others accomplish their tasks. Not to mention it is always fun to just hang back and chillax with people of similar interests.

Normally I wouldn't have written such a long winded introduction, but I was thinking: "If I want to convey myself in the best way I can, why not have a spontaneous introduction without edits?". So I did.

Edit: I lied, I did Edit... I had some missing 'ing's.

Dalton
Regular

#648 Post by Dalton »

Longest introduction I've ever seen.

Welcome to the forums, Pink (I must admit I thought you were a girl first :oops: ). May you have a great stay. I'll look forward to your works as I want to see what you can accomplish.
~Imagination is more important than knowledge (Albert Einstein)~

Just working on graphics for the moment... May start talking about my project once they are done...

afu
Regular
Completed: \(^o^)/
Tumblr: afusushi

#649 Post by afu »

Hur hur so instead of lurking around, I might as well sign this guestbook~

I've been a fan of otome games (GXB) for a long time now, starting from playing games like tokimeki memorial. Although I haven't played a ton of VN (esp english ones) I really like how one can freely execute and create a creative game all on their own. Recently I've been looking/playing original vn type games and wanted to fiddle around with one of my own. I tried comic maker and light novel freeware ... but figured a english freeware software would probably be faster to work with... and here I am!

Needless to say, I'm a huge newbie to coding/making games but I'm hoping to create one or two games purely for fun. anyway, nice to meet you all!
(*´﹃`*) Commissions Open! Art samples: afuji.org
Looking to work on otome games~ (indie or commercial)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Pink

#650 Post by Pink »

Dalton wrote:Longest introduction I've ever seen.

Welcome to the forums, Pink (I must admit I thought you were a girl first :oops: ). May you have a great stay. I'll look forward to your works as I want to see what you can accomplish.
Hehe, don't worry about it... I get mistaken for a girl even in real life =3=;. Even my voice is androgynous...

Nota_Bene

#651 Post by Nota_Bene »

Hello,

My name's Matt, but you can call me anything you want as long as it's not mean. n_n;

I just started using Ren'Py yesterday and I am extremely impressed. Until now I had tried making my novels in RPG Maker and as you can imagine it was less than suitable. I managed to remake about 10 days work in just a few hours with Ren'Py. :-D
I'm very excited to learn some of the interesting features. I've used my first image-map today to create a detective style scene requiring the player to pick up a number of objects before triggering the next event.

I've found at times that I've been biting off more than I could chew, and there has been a lot of trial and error, but I'm sure that certain things will come with practice. I've found that the questions asked by other members to be incredibly helpful to solving my own problems, so I decided to join and become an active member, rather than lurking in the shadows; my mouth is too big for lurking.:-p

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.:)
Last edited by Nota_Bene on Mon May 11, 2009 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

georgmay
Regular
Projects: Restriction

#652 Post by georgmay »

Nota_Bene wrote:Ren'Pe
What is that???
Returned

Nota_Bene

#653 Post by Nota_Bene »

I confused Ren'Py and SimPE.

Jerails
Veteran

#654 Post by Jerails »

Four and a half years later, a semi-triumphant return to the Lemma Soft forums.

I'm Jerails, and if you folks look at my post history, you'll see a monstrous hiatus from this and my previous post.

I was around during the release of ToL, and participated in a fun little contest concerning writing up a short story. I created some back story for Miko's friend who entered and won a slot in the ToL2 game show.

I find it particularly hilarious that the primary reason for my return was finding out at the Katawa Shoujo VN was being developed with the Ren'Py engine. The first thought that came to my mind was, "PyTom, you evil scientist you, look at what your little engine that could is creating!" Then, before I knew it, I was opening up my Lemma Soft page bookmark. I was surprised that the main page was left essentially untouched, but a quick peek into the forum made me realize that a lot was being done. The main page was just a facade, to conceal the machinations going on within.

Well I'm back, and I'll be lurking around, providing input and commentary sporadically. It's incredible to see how much the community has grown since I was first here. Before, we were happy to just have a half dozen game developers chugging out a handful of games and ideas each season. Now it looks like the community has upped their game by grouping up and taking on larger projects.
It's been a while, folks!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#655 Post by mikey »

Welcome back, Jerails. :)

Indeed, so much has changed... But I guess that could be said of any community - more people, more ideas, more differences, more possibilities. I can still remember the times when the forum had just a handful of posts a week. It's easy to miss this on occasion, especially the quiet times. But of course, in those quiet times, most people would feel they'd want more exposure, more games and more game makers.

So, enjoy the the current state, who knows what will be in 5 years. In any case, nice to see you again, just that avatar alone triggers 2004. :P

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#656 Post by DaFool »

Welcome to the new people.

I especially love long introductions.

You may also want to use the competitor visual novel engines:

Sylph
http://www.studiomab.co.uk/Content.aspx/Sylph

Novelty
http://www.visualnovelty.com/

and how can we forget Blade
http://www.bladeengine.com/

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#657 Post by Blue Lemma »

When I saw Jerails on the page, I thought I had accidentally clicked on a link to earlier in this thread :wink: Welcome back!
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Jerails
Veteran

#658 Post by Jerails »

I'm glad I'm still remembered, it's good to see the folks from our generation and how they've been after all this time!

Lemma - So, what have you been up to all this time watching your wonderful little forum grow into what it has? I noticed the games you were developing have only made a small amount of progress, so I'm guessing life outside the forums must have been pretty occupied? Hopefully you're managing well, cause I'm just now getting back on my own feet, so I'm taking the opportunity to check up on some of the things I found important in my youth!

mikey - I was tempted to keep both the avatar and the siggy up just to see what kind of effect it would have had, but I felt like at least changing the signature to something small until I get a more fitting banner completed!
It's been a while, folks!

KimiYoriBaka
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Castle of Arhannia

#659 Post by KimiYoriBaka »

Hello, I'm Colin

I just found out about RenPy after playing Katawa Shoujo, and since my favorite part of video games has always been things that let make them (level editors especially) I thought I'd try it out.

I have a tendency to be overly ambitious and not finish things, so I'm trying to work on my own (I'm also purposely ignorant of practicality when I want to be). I also usually avoid being too social on the internet, so I'd feel uncomfortable doing more than chatting about games and asking for help on specific issues.

I like using self-deprecating account names. For websites where feel "kimi yori baka" is inappropriate I usually use "biggerdoofus."

My biggest problem I'm trying to deal with now is that I don't have a tablet, and my only image editing program, gimpshop, tends to crash a lot. I'm more comfortable with ms-paint anyway, but it's still aggravating.

georgmay
Regular
Projects: Restriction

#660 Post by georgmay »

Hi, Colin! And welcome
to hell!
Returned