Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#166 Post by mikey »

Radhreni wrote:I decided to go ahead and register after a couple of guest posts, even though I don't have much more than a very sparse beginning, not to mention (as of yet) no ren'ai elements.
Well, some people have even less than that. I think this place can give you a lot of encouragement, advice and so on, if you want to create a visual novel (and it doesn't have to be a ren'ai one).

So welcome! :P

herenvardo
Veteran

Hi!

#167 Post by herenvardo »

I've been there during 2-3 weeks or so, and have not seen the guestbook 'till now :? I've been a bit busy with my game for NaNoRenO, but now I've a bit of time to spare...

Name: Legally Eduard, but better known as Herenvardö (which is the translation of my name to Quenya) among freaks and elves... also known as Dhíriël when I'm role-playing :P
Location: Floating among Krynn, Middle-Earth, Warhammer's world and some more imaginary worlds, but I use to land on this one in Sant Pere de Ribes (Spain)
Website: http://www.open-gdt.org/ (note: it's non-english, 100% in catalan)
Comments on Lemmasoft: I've to explore the site a bit more, but it seems good. I've been more here in the forums, and have to tell that there are very nice people around there.

I hate mushrooms (with the only exception of some mexican varieties :roll: ), I'm a nice guy but not availlable; and not sure about my undies 'cos I'm not very awake when I grab them from my drawer :lol:
You might find a bit more 'bout me if you read my signature :P
I have failed to meet my deadlines so many times I'm not announcing my projects anymore. Whatever I'm working on, it'll be released when it is ready :P

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#168 Post by Vatina »

Hi there, maybe I should try this out too ^^ I've been looking at this site for a while now, but only just decided to finally register.

Name: Lonnie
Comments about Lemma Soft: Nice place, I think the things here are really interesting.
I'd love to help out since I have a huge interest in game-developing, but the only thing I'm really good at is drawing :|

Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: GO! Magical Boy (2006), Angelic Orbs (soundtrack)
Projects: Cyberlin (in progress)

#169 Post by Alessio »

Vatina wrote:I'd love to help out since I have a huge interest in game-developing, but the only thing I'm really good at is drawing :|
Well, then you should have no problem finding projects to help in - I think what most of us desperately need is a good artist. :) Very nice artwork by the way - welcome to the forum!

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#170 Post by Vatina »

Thank you ^^

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#171 Post by monele »

Cool stuff you have there ^.^. I, too, think you won't have difficulty finding someone who needs help ^^. Welcome aboard :)

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#172 Post by lordcloudx »

A bit late, but I thought I'd officially sign the guestbook myself.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#173 Post by mugenjohncel »

- POST NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

christof

COOL

#174 Post by christof »

The game is prety cool I liked it but I can't get to Tales of Lemma 2. It says it's forbidden and I have had this problem before on other sites!

IT'S GETTING TO MY HEAD

Hometown: Beaumont, Texas
Current Location: Evergreen Colorado
Mushroom status: I'm OK with them, just as long as they aren't mutated and try to attack me.
Undies: Prefer not to disclose.
Attachments
Ouka - 01 - V2.gif
Ouka - 01 - V2.gif (119.7 KiB) Viewed 4561 times

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: COOL

#175 Post by mikey »

christof wrote:The game is prety cool I liked it but I can't get to Tales of Lemma 2. It says it's forbidden and I have had this problem before on other sites!
ToL2 has been iced indefinitely, sorry. That's the reason there is no page. But Blue Lemma wants to update the page as soon as his new game, Hanafuda Club comes out.

Sakuya

#176 Post by Sakuya »

I thought I'd register here. I originally wanted to use Blade Engine because the code was pretty straightforward and simple. But what irked me was the lack of special effects as well as the logo they put on your game. Even though Ren'Py's coding is a lot more complex, I thought I'd register and lurk in the forums and hope to learn something more than what I can read from the tutorials of Ren'Py. :)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#177 Post by mikey »

The logo nag and missing features are really disheartening, you kind of see a calculation behind it. Ren'Py is as far as I know free for freeware projects, and if you want to sell your game, fairly enough it asks for some change for the creator. I think it's a good system, especially as it does not put those people in disadvantage, who make free games. Ren'Py doesn't make the games look adware-ish just because you didn't buy it to remove nags and doesn't limit you unless you unlock features. Too bad for Blade, IMO, but what can you do. :roll:

Anyway, for Ren'Py you can try Scite http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=450 , that's a big help at the beginnings.

And welcome! :P

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#178 Post by papillon »

Ren'Py doesn't make the games look adware-ish just because you didn't buy it
While I haven't even looked at this Blade thing and have no idea what it does or doesn't do wrt registering, it seems really strange to me to complain about features on something being limited because you didn't pay for it...

"Man, it's so unfair! They won't let me take this car home just because I didn't buy it!"

*grin*

When it comes to engines I'd rather have feature limitations and logos than time-limited demos, which is what a lot of engine trials do. I'm very busy and I may not have time to learn how to use the software in the 30 days after installing it... I may not even have time to run it! If that's all I get, I may as well not bother. But if I can fool around with the basic features but just can't create a logo-free build or use the advanced features, that gives me all the time I need to get comfortable with something and be willing to buy it.

Obviously, if you're making free games only, completely free tools are pretty nice. But they're just that - nice, not an obligation on the part of the creator. :)

Jake
Support Hero

#179 Post by Jake »

papillon wrote:While I haven't even looked at this Blade thing and have no idea what it does or doesn't do wrt registering, it seems really strange to me to complain about features on something being limited because you didn't pay for it...

"Man, it's so unfair! They won't let me take this car home just because I didn't buy it!"

*grin*
Be fair - it's more like "Damnit, the dealership across the road is letting me have a car for free! Now you expect me to pay for one of yours?!" ;-)

(Personally, when I looked around I also found Ren'Py to be the easiest to get to grips with, but I guess that might just be my programming background...)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#180 Post by mikey »

Plus, the free cars (ONS, Ren'Py) are like top range Audis and BMWs, whereas Blade is more like a Russian Lada.

Not to say they won't improve. But right now, there is a choice and you have to admit, going through the specs, Blade isn't really there yet. But again, it's a perfectly fine tool (and Ladas are cool in a way), it's just that I would probably go for the freeware engines even if they were a bit inferior to the nagware. Which they aren't.

Anyway, this is a great forum, because we established that visual novel engines are not cars. The things you learn here... :P