Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
TwilightOfTheSoul
Regular

Re: Guestbook

#3031 Post by TwilightOfTheSoul »

Name: TwilightOfTheSoul

I am a hobbyist writer, prolific reader of VNs, and have a personal agenda to see VNs more widely accepted as an entertainment medium. For that reason, I am happy to promote quality works done by this community and others that can help bring these more mainstream and aid their acceptance into more cultures.

I am also a decent programmer in python, C, and C++ with some experience in C# as well. I do not have any direct experience with the ren'py scripting format, and am not really intending to do much on the coding side while I am here, but it looks fairly simple to pick up, should the need arise, and familiarity with python should be a boon.

lolzzzzz

#3032 Post by lolzzzzz »

Name: Lolzzzzz

Game designer (wannabe), want to make (some) games with Ren'Py. Appreciates help from people.

Thank you, and a pleasure to be here.

FoxyPancakes

#3033 Post by FoxyPancakes »

###
Last edited by FoxyPancakes on Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RedJewel

#3034 Post by RedJewel »

Hi everyone:)

My name's Ruby (thus the whole RedJewel username XD) and I'm living in the sunny island of Singapore.

I have very little knowledge of programming but I'm hoping on picking up skills over time. I have a lot of ideas for VNs and I'm actually working on my first project...

(However, I suck at drawing and programming... There goes two out of the three components... >_< )

Anyways, nice to meet you :D

MaroChii

#3035 Post by MaroChii »

Name: Ashley (Call me Airie or Ashley)

I usually use this site to download otmoe games, but recently I'm interested in making my own.

prettyflowergirl

#3036 Post by prettyflowergirl »

Hello! I'm new here! I'm from Canada, and i'm Vicky. Pleased to meet you all! :)

EmbraceofDestiny
Regular
Tumblr: embraceofdestiny
Deviantart: fryzylstyk

#3037 Post by EmbraceofDestiny »

Heya. I've lurked around before but finally decided to make an account. :)

Name: Embrace of Destiny (You can call me whatever you wish...mostly)

Websites: http://fryzylstyk.deviantart.com (Mostly my CG stuff)
http://embraceofdestiny.deviantart.com (Mostly pencil sketches)

I don't have much programming knowledge, but I'm here more for art anyway. I hope to make some free sprites and when I'm confident enough, maybe do art for a project if people will have me? :)

Marval13
Organization: VN Sera
IRC Nick: Marval13

#3038 Post by Marval13 »

Name: David

I'm quite good at programming, and that's quite all. :)

mouseygloom

#3039 Post by mouseygloom »

Name: Sean

I dunno what I am or what I do :P I went to Collage to be a Chef but failed that.

CCB

#3040 Post by CCB »

Greetings from the west coast of Canada!

It is great to see such an active community and I am very impressed with the dedication and time the ren'py team have given freely. I have some programming skills (php, c, ios), a graphic design diploma, and have created a web game, stories, and an ios app. I have played and enjoyed some of the VNs created using ren'py (Katawa Shoujo, Junipers Knot, +more). It is my hope to work with others in the community to create enjoyable and memorable stories.

myuncchi
Deviantart: vanillafondue

#3041 Post by myuncchi »

I kinda interested in ren'py and this community for awhile now. So, I made an account here.
I'm Myun, an hobbyist artist from Thailand. I hope I can get along with you well.

V2Blast
Regular

#3042 Post by V2Blast »

I'm not new to Lemma Soft - as you may notice from the join date - but it has been years since I last posted here.

How are you all doing?
Pie is delicious.

Papa Whiskey
Completed: No visual novels.
Projects: [TBA 2013]

#3043 Post by Papa Whiskey »

Hello!

I'm Papa Whiskey and I'm actually not a huge fan of visual novel games, but I'm fascinated by the genre and I'm currently working on a different take on the concept.
A simple Google-search later and I found this forum and figured that I might pick something up that'll be useful for the game I'm currently working on.

As I guess I might get the question "Hey there, bub! Why the hell are you here if you don't like these games!?"

It's a fair question and the answers is pretty simple: I've only seen the shoddy Japanese High-school dating games and Virtue's Last Reward. People praise the hell out of the former one and as I'm playing it I can't help but think "This isn't that great. I can do this hell of a lot better".

Yet, the game keeps me playing so it's definitely doing something right.

I do have quite a bit of developer experience, but this genre will be an all-new thing for me.

V2Blast
Regular

#3044 Post by V2Blast »

Papa Whiskey wrote:Hello!

I'm Papa Whiskey and I'm actually not a huge fan of visual novel games, but I'm fascinated by the genre and I'm currently working on a different take on the concept.
A simple Google-search later and I found this forum and figured that I might pick something up that'll be useful for the game I'm currently working on.

As I guess I might get the question "Hey there, bub! Why the hell are you here if you don't like these games!?"

It's a fair question and the answers is pretty simple: I've only seen the shoddy Japanese High-school dating games and Virtue's Last Reward. People praise the hell out of the former one and as I'm playing it I can't help but think "This isn't that great. I can do this hell of a lot better".

Yet, the game keeps me playing so it's definitely doing something right.

I do have quite a bit of developer experience, but this genre will be an all-new thing for me.
I think you meant "latter", not "former". I doubt anyone's praising the crappy dating sims of the 90s.

Have you played 999? It's the prequel to VLR.

Anyway, VNs are a medium, not a genre - and, like any medium, it's 90% crap. There are some excellent ones, though.
Pie is delicious.

Papa Whiskey
Completed: No visual novels.
Projects: [TBA 2013]

#3045 Post by Papa Whiskey »

V2Blast wrote:
I think you meant "latter", not "former". I doubt anyone's praising the crappy dating sims of the 90s.

Have you played 999? It's the prequel to VLR.

Anyway, VNs are a medium, not a genre - and, like any medium, it's 90% crap. There are some excellent ones, though.
Hah!

Indeed I mean "latter". Been working all day and my brain isn't all there. :D

I haven't played 999 as my former colleagues told me that VLR is more of a "spiritual successor" and that I didn't have to play 999 first.