Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
Srj

Re: Guestbook

#4531 Post by Srj »

Hello Chu, I'm on the same boat, this is my first time, so I don't know how long will it take me making one but I look forward to Complete it someday, so I want to ask you about the assets, did you create it yourself, or they were from some other source if they are, I too need materials for doing the visual novel, so far what ihv got is websites that say it provide BGM and spirits for free but am not so sure, so can you suggest me some websites, or any artist willing to give their time for free.
Thanks

HypnoChanger
Projects: Adventure High
Deviantart: HypnoChanger

#4532 Post by HypnoChanger »

Name: Changer

I've been working on a visual novel/RPG for a few years. I only recently though discovered that there are actual communities dedicated to it. Hoping to be able to get feedback and advice on what to do though while I'm here. I am better at just working on stuff, not so good at knowing what to do with the stuff I make. xD

Pikachewy99
Projects: FAE Simulator
Tumblr: nazzledazzleandwolfwolf
Deviantart: Pikachewy99

#4533 Post by Pikachewy99 »

Srj wrote:Hello Chu, I'm on the same boat, this is my first time, so I don't know how long will it take me making one but I look forward to Complete it someday, so I want to ask you about the assets, did you create it yourself, or they were from some other source if they are, I too need materials for doing the visual novel, so far what ihv got is websites that say it provide BGM and spirits for free but am not so sure, so can you suggest me some websites, or any artist willing to give their time for free.
Thanks
Hello Srj, I created some assets myself, and some assets were created by friends of mine who wanted their characters included in the game. I have not dabbled too much in the forums myself, but I have taken a bit of a look around. If you are looking for assets to use, I highly recommend using the Creative Commons forums for assets people have posted for others to use, or look into the Recruitment & Services Forum -> I am an Artist subforum to look for artists who are offering free services. I hope this answers your questions!

Srj

#4534 Post by Srj »

Chu.

Thank you very much for the information...
I'll do what you said, thanks
And happy new year...
And Good luck with your project

Mindshard_Dev
Projects: Absolutely Haunting
Organization: Mindshard Studios
itch: MindshardStudios

#4535 Post by Mindshard_Dev »

Nice to meet you all! :D

I'm a bit shy about telling anyone my location beyond "Eastern US", but I hope you won't hold that against me! I'm a big fan of anime, visual novels, and manga, and am always looking for suggestions! I've recently been playing a lot of FFXV when Im not working on my own projects, and I'm so absorbed in the storyline that I can't seem to stop thinking about it. Anyways! I hope we can all be friends, and I look forward to getting to know you all! :D

wallace
Projects: Sammy Goes to Hell, DHF
Tumblr: larstens

#4536 Post by wallace »

name: wallace

Hello,
I joined Lemma Soft a few months ago, but I managed to forget both my username and password, so I went ahead and made a new account!
I'm wallace! I mostly write regular stories, and a new plot of mine drove me to renp'y again to hopefully start making a vn and hopefully finish it.
I haven't even started yet, but I'm excited to, as I've gotten rather used to drawing sprites and coding.
I'm looking forward to meeting people c:

zheldor651
Projects: Uplift, 2.7
Tumblr: 2point7

#4537 Post by zheldor651 »

Name: Eli.
Location: a country often associated with bears and communism.

Hi.
I've been fond of VNs since before I learned the term, and this interest crystallized in 2013, after experiencing the classic of F/SN and the novelty of Steins;Gate.
I asked myself a question back then, whether or not it was possible to use the VN format for other kind of stories than the ones centered on romance, since both Fate and Steins;Gate implied it was possible but never went all the way down the road. I dove into the EVN development community on 4chan, since the most successful western VN to that day grew its legs from there. The overall consensus said that traditional coming of age romantic comedies were the best way to go, but the examples of Dischan and Digital or Analogue cemented my faith in the possibility of expanding EVN audience beyond its traditional niche.
Since then, I've been picking at a project meant to stand out as much as it can. One day, I'll complete it.

DeeCee

#4538 Post by DeeCee »

Name: Dan

Just started using this site so no comments yet

I'm new to visual novels and their game engines (similar to the code I already know so the transition was pretty easy), I usually code other types of games all day long and wanted something that's more story oriented (also mature rated). Starting my own at the moment and would love to work with others on theirs or mine

K-Seki
Tumblr: kiseki-kojin

#4539 Post by K-Seki »

Hi~

Name: K-Seki, otherwise called Kei.
Location: Hello from the other siiiiiiiiiiide~ (of the world)! Lol.

Whaddup? I've been lurking here for ages, hoping to take a learn about how VNs work. I usually draw though. Codes either find a means to escape the prison cells that is my brain, or they just don't want to make friends. :< I r sad. I do freelance work on the side, either as a character or comic artist, though my galleries are--- not very updated. Haha. I will share some of my art here whenever I can.

Nice to meet you, guys!

blossy

#4540 Post by blossy »

Hi :)

(nick)Name: blossy

Comments on Lemmasoft: Loving Ren'Py's workflow - it's so well and intuitively structured. Documentation is somewhat hard to use. Most of it seems aimed at no-programmers while certain key parts are written in a way too abstract, confusing and hard to swallow manner (maybe too much words where a simple API doc style would suffice?). And I'm a programmer with 10+ professional experience, used to reading technical docs on a daily basis. Also, 2 features I'd very much like to see in Ren'Py are: Spine support and some sort of particle system.

Other: So I decided I want to publish a visual novel while NOT being neither writer nor artist. I could probably do the writing part if English was my native language. But I am a programmer + visual/interface/UX designer with a few commercially successful digital products behind my back, which makes me think I have what it takes to release a compelling product.

Why I am here? I'm mainly looking to hire a writer and an artist(s) to help me with my project. So I'm mostly scouring the "Recruitment" section.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#4541 Post by Donmai »

zheldor651 wrote:The overall consensus said that traditional coming of age romantic comedies were the best way to go, but the examples of Dischan and Digital or Analogue cemented my faith in the possibility of expanding EVN audience beyond its traditional niche.
Yeah, something similar happened to me. I've been here through the last four of five years doing some "non-canonical" work. No chance I will ever become a popular creator around here, but that's my hobby anyway, and I really Donmai... er, I mean I really don't mind. :mrgreen:
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

zheldor651
Projects: Uplift, 2.7
Tumblr: 2point7

#4542 Post by zheldor651 »

Donmai wrote:
zheldor651 wrote:The overall consensus said that traditional coming of age romantic comedies were the best way to go, but the examples of Dischan and Digital or Analogue cemented my faith in the possibility of expanding EVN audience beyond its traditional niche.
Yeah, something similar happened to me. I've been here through the last four of five years doing some "non-canonical" work. No chance I will ever become a popular creator around here, but that's my hobby anyway, and I really Donmai... er, I mean I really don't mind. :mrgreen:
Given proper advertising around non-VN audience, I'm quite sure it's possible to achieve success.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#4543 Post by Zelan »

Donmai wrote:No chance I will ever become a popular creator around here
Gonna derail the thread a bit, but dude. You underestimate yourself.

johhans
Completed: A Question Of Normalcy
Tumblr: johhans
Deviantart: johhans

#4544 Post by johhans »

Name: Jo

Hello!
I''m an artist who's been stalking this forum a while now and finally decided to join. I can't wait to work on a project someday!
I played a lot of VNs before, most of them were japanese, and I was impressed I could understand anything. Learning new languages is my passion which is usually unfulfilled. My enthusiasm for it burns like straw :P I think I survived the longest with danish though I don't understand a lot. :lol: I love movies, tv shows and TellTale games (they're the only I'm actually "good" at XD).
Nice to meet you all and I look forward to having a good time here!

PervyGames
Projects: Quantum Crusaders
Organization: PervyGames

#4545 Post by PervyGames »

Name: PervyGames

Comments for Lemmasoft:
I just heard about you guys through Kickstarter, so I decided to join the club. I've been a long time visual novel player, so I'm surprised that I haven't joined sooner.

I can't wait to share many happy memories with all of you ^_^

PervyGames

P.S My underwear is dark green ;)