Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
ReaLciciLia
Regular
Projects: SunfiLia [Otome] [Fantasy]
Organization: C-ify studio
IRC Nick: ReaLciciLia

Re: Guestbook

#3646 Post by ReaLciciLia »

Nice to meet u, Yurmajistee! :lol:
lordgaude wrote:You can call me Yurmajistee; people usually pronounce that as "YourMajesty" so, whatever LOL
Been stuck at South East Asia for a while now and i'm not sure how the rules work around here so i'm kinda hesitant putting
an ADULT site :))

I'll admit that though this forum looks simple, it really say a LOT about Ren'Py. Some of you might say, "well, duh?", but i really thought this was actually a simple tech support forum about Ren'Py.

Hoping that everyone will support me in my future endeavors since i'm currently trying to use renpy as a tool to assess a certain level of learning or knowledge. If renpy can do algorithms similar to python, then i'm all ears :)

P.S Im bad at english, i know hahaha

Gabylc
Regular
Projects: Crossfire
Organization: Agape Studios
Tumblr: attackonbara

#3647 Post by Gabylc »

Hi! I'm Gabylc, or Gabrielle (or any creative nickname you can make out of my name.) I'm a french girl trying to improve her english skills so the VN I'm currently writting can reach a larger audience. I still got a lot of work to do on that though :?

I've been lurking in the dark corners of the forum for most of summer, downloading quite a lot of game to set my idea on what kind of VN I want to write and I decided to introduce myself so I can comment on those amazing works at last.

My team and I also made a tumblr for our first project a while ago, it's still quite empty but we're slowly finding our pace and being more effective! We hope to release a demo soon, so it will probably become a bit more active: http://attackonbara.tumblr.com (don't worry, it's not the game's name, we just found the url to be funny...)

Nice to meet you everyone!

WeaselDaddy

#3648 Post by WeaselDaddy »

Hello there, everyone!
Weasel Daddy here! I'm from the United States, (Michigan to be exact.)
I've stalked the forums without an official account for a while now, but as I got more interested in visual novels, and began to make some of my own, I caved and decided to create an account.
I'm mainly here to offer assistance to other people, (in terms of writing,) to gather assistance for my own endeavors, and all around just to show my appreciation for Visual Novels, and the work that goes into making them.
Anyways, yeah.
I'm bad at introductions, so... I guess that'll do.
Nice to meet you all!

TheOnlyKieran
Regular
Organization: NewWestGames
IRC Nick: TheOnlyKieran

#3649 Post by TheOnlyKieran »

Hi all!

Kieran here, from Canada. I'm making a VN and hope to be able to share details with you... when I have details to share! :)

BonJiro
Projects: I want a Divorce!!

#3650 Post by BonJiro »

Hi hi!

I'm generally known here and there by BonJiro, and for the most part, I draw and write stuff (usually Legend of Zelda related because I'm a total fantard).

I spent some of my time in highschool over in the Shikoku region of Japan, on an exchange program, and I'm an Australian. I really enjoyed my time there, and I've always enjoyed the expressionism of the characters and emotional story telling in Manga over some of the more classic Western comics. I grew up on the Dragonball series, primarily, and a lot of my style has been influenced by Akira Toriyama in that way.

I got interested in VNs a while back, but I didn't really consider making them myself at the time. I liked 'choose your own adventure' books when I was a kid, and I liked the way they sort of reminded me of them. I spent a lot of time pottering around Newgrounds, but my flash skills weren't really up to a standard I could do much with.
As the genre has grown, though, I've been drawn back into Otome style games and Visual Novel inspired series--I really liked the Trauma Centre series, and Clannad particularly, and RE: Alistair cemented it all in place again. I also enjoy the likes of the Stanley Parable, and also Analogue: A Hate Story, so on the back of some of those more recent indie games, I decided to have a go myself.

My husband is familiar with programming and all that, too, and is also an avid role player, so between the two of us making VNs should be pretty possible.

Hope I can share a few more details with you guys as things progress, and hopefully, make a few games (with a little help)!

Aratzne
Deviantart: Aratzne

#3651 Post by Aratzne »

Hello everyone!

I go by Ara. For a long time, I've been a visual novel fan and a creative writing hobbyist, but it only recently occurred to me that the best of both worlds could combine these two passions. I was super excited when I found this forum. I don't have a lot of time for development right now due to RL obligations, but I'm aiming to continue improving my writing (with a lean towards experimenting with VNs) and to begin learning how to use Ren'py. I'm looking forward to getting involved with this community and its awesome creative projects.

That's about it for me. Nice to meet you all! :)

(Oh, and I'm from the Southeast US.)

Apius

#3652 Post by Apius »

Hey there. So I'm new and stuff.

I'm really interested in visual novels and I want to try making some. But in all honesty I haven't ever finished any project I've started and I don't have much talent or work ethic or really any positive traits at all, if I'm being honest. But I don't know, I'll try starting out on small, simple projects or something.

My hobbies include video games, anime/manga, media studies, comedy, beekeeping, ancient history, old horror stories, cooking, and underground rap.

Aratzne wrote:Hello everyone!
BonJiro wrote:Hi hi!
TheOnlyKieran wrote:Hi all!
WeaselDaddy wrote:Hello there, everyone!
Gabylc wrote:Hi! I'm Gabylc
Since no one else has said it yet: welcome, and nice to meet you. I can't wait to see what sorts of projects you all end up making.

SombrashyShady
Projects: Panda Pearl

#3653 Post by SombrashyShady »

Hi! My name's Shady, totally new here, haven't been on a forum in YEARS...

Anyway! I'm an artist and story teller and I mostly post my work on tumblr, but have recently decided I'd like to turn to Visual Novels - at least to try! Currently working on a novel called "Panda Pearl," and I'm having a lot of fun! I'm making everything in it - the story, the writing, music, the sprites, the backgrounds, the coding, ect. I'll probably make a post about it at some point.

My hobbies are generally drawing, writing, occasionally voice acting and singing, anime/manga, Japanese culture, My Little Pony, tumblr, and much more. I also occasionally compose music, but haven't finished anything.

WeaselDaddy

#3654 Post by WeaselDaddy »

Apius wrote: My hobbies include video games, anime/manga, media studies, comedy, beekeeping, ancient history, old horror stories, cooking, and underground rap.
I don't know why that amused me so much, but it did. I snorted when I read it. It's a pleasure to meet you as well! Thanks for the greeting. Good to see a friendly face around here, new or not.

Barzini
Regular
Projects: Seat of Power, Our Final Moments, A More Beautiful World, Forgotten, Not Lost
Organization: Afterthought Studios
Tumblr: letsafterthoughtstudios

#3655 Post by Barzini »

Hey there all :3 I'll be skulking around here!

EXMEDIC
Projects: FocalPoint(HTS), Rising Tides
Organization: Team EXMEDIC
IRC Nick: EXMEDIC

#3656 Post by EXMEDIC »

Heya guys, how you doin'?

I'm EXMEDIC, uh... Aside from the obvious "I love playing Visual Novels", I'm also an artist with a particular love for character design and digital painting. I'm currently at University, I've been drawing for...8 years? I had to actually remember how old I was for a second. How embarrassing.

Anyways, it's lovely to meet you all, an I hope I stick around long enough to actually get at least one of my VN ideas off the ground ^-^;

Faedira

#3657 Post by Faedira »

Hi! Faedira here! I'm new, though I have been stalking this site for a while because of all the amazing games and novels. I really joined because I love writing and have been thinking of creating a VN myself. Fingers crossed I can make something good. Um, I also like manga, anime, books, baking, painting...and a bunch of other really random stuff.

Mr.Mutt

#3658 Post by Mr.Mutt »

Hello! You can call me Mr.Mutt. I'm currently looking into the VN scene since I'm interested in joining or creating a game project. Let's see which comes first!

Shige-Sensei
Organization: BSB
IRC Nick: Zenith

#3659 Post by Shige-Sensei »

Hello everyone!

Shige-Sensei here. I'm totally new here, but I've been seeing a lot of VNS from this site, and I thought visual novels are amazing, because of the spriting and writings... That I've been thinking to make a visual novel too. I usually work on the sprites, story, and trying to make a music myself. I'm here to offer some of my assistances (in terms drawings sprites) and to gather assistances for the projects. I'm looking forward to getting involved with this community and all of the creavitivity of the projects.

My hobby is to drawing (mostly) and writing, also watching animes (for references and inspiration), I like to make paper crafts, too.

Anyways, it's great to meet you all! I hope that we could work together in the future! That's it about me, thank you and once again, nice to meet you all! (bows)

Shaples
Regular
Completed: Christmas Sweaters
Projects: White Lie, Tropichu!

#3660 Post by Shaples »

Hello everyone! I decided it's finally time to stop lurking and actually make an account and introduce myself. I'm relatively new to the VN genre, but have been absolutely devouring them since I played my first one. By day, I'm a professional writer, so I'm particularly interested in the writing aspect of VN creation. I really love the idea of multi-path and branching storytelling, and though I don't have a lot of experience with it yet, I figure the best way to learn (besides playing every VN I can get my hands on!) is to spend time around the people that know what they're doing, and maybe give it a try myself. :D