Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
Gear
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Tempestus Sum
Organization: Xenokos Interactive
IRC Nick: Gear

Re: Guestbook

#1861 Post by Gear »

Hello, new folks. If you want to cut your teeth on VNs, why not try the collab project in my signature? Otherwise, I wish you all luck getting started!
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

Ashcrown

#1862 Post by Ashcrown »

*steps up to the podium*
Ashcrown here. Happy to join the ranks.
*pauses to gauge the length of his formalities*
Long time horror writer (NaNoWriMo ftw) and flash programmer.
PyTom looks to be fun and I hope to dive headlong into the stream I've so recently discovered. Truth be told I would like to help spearhead some android VN's.
*scratches absently at the side of his face*
Let's see here...I just barely (10 minutes ago) purchased my first tablet for some sketch practice. I do not exaggerate when I say I've never drawn anything more than a smiley face my entire life.
I'm heavily dependent on artistic insight and readily offer my services for dialogue and plot development.

My diet mainly consists of caffeine and fingernails.

Thank you.
*brief bow followed by an exit of the stage left variety*

Nekochi
Regular
Projects: Snow White and the Seven Thugs
Organization: Royal Flush

#1863 Post by Nekochi »

I always find it so awkward posting in these sorts of threads...

*clears her throat* Hi, my name is Nekochi. Given my username, it would be a rather safe assumption that I like cats and cute things. :3 I also LOVE Sailor Moon and the visual novel that I'm planning is a Sailor Moon game set in Crystal Tokyo with teen Chibi-Usa and the Sailor Quartet. (Clearly I'm going to need to learn how to draw crystals or find someone else who can.) I want to be an author someday and I've been writing or making up stories ever since I can remember. I think I'm a fairly good writer, so if anyone is interested in my input on that sort of thing, just let me know. (Hopefully that didn't sound too conceited.) It's probably a good idea just to shut up now, as I'm feeling more awkward by the minute...

Nightydreams
Regular
Projects: The Saddest Music In The World

#1864 Post by Nightydreams »

Lookie lookie at all the new forumers!
I believe that a man should not go back on his decisions,
But here I am deciding to break that one rule of manliness.
Because I would rather be thought less of as a man,
Then be lost as a person.

-Alexander. Infinity Ocean
Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.
- Terro, The Saddest Music In The World

Joel Dawson
Projects: Tome of Eternity
Organization: Robinwood Studios

#1865 Post by Joel Dawson »

Hello all! My name is Joel Dawson, Promotional Representative and Talent Recruiter for Robinwood Studios, a new company dedicated to making rich Visual Novels for the needy.

Its part of my job to branch out onto the web and spread word of our site and to look for those interested in working on projects with other like minded individuals. I'll be posting a more proper recruitment thread shortly. Thank you for your time. :)

The site: http://robinwoodstudios.forumotion.com/

coffeeMAME

#1866 Post by coffeeMAME »

Hi!! So I don't really know about this website but I love visual novels and otome games (and some other types of games heh) and so I am really excited to join this group and find some new ones, especially since they are by people on this same forum, not some creator from far away who I will never know anything about!

I just downloaded the Renpy game creator which I am really excited to use!! But it seems really difficult T^T and my art is not so great so I don't know what will happen... still, I can't wait to see what awesome things other people have created!!

Oh and my name is Kate :D and I am from the US!

Nightydreams
Regular

#1867 Post by Nightydreams »

coffeeMAME wrote:Hi!! So I don't really know about this website but I love visual novels and otome games (and some other types of games heh) and so I am really excited to join this group and find some new ones, especially since they are by people on this same forum, not some creator from far away who I will never know anything about!

I just downloaded the Renpy game creator which I am really excited to use!! But it seems really difficult T^T and my art is not so great so I don't know what will happen... still, I can't wait to see what awesome things other people have created!!

Oh and my name is Kate :D and I am from the US!
Happy to have you kate! I hope you to see alot of your work ^.^

Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.

B E A N
Regular
Projects: Secret Agenda, Maid Mansion
Organization: Hot Coffee Entertainment

#1868 Post by B E A N »

coffeeMAME wrote:Hi!! So I don't really know about this website but I love visual novels and otome games (and some other types of games heh) and so I am really excited to join this group and find some new ones, especially since they are by people on this same forum, not some creator from far away who I will never know anything about!
And I'm really excited about another person with a coffee-related nickname! Welcome to the show!
Ren'Py is easy as pypie. It's the programming language with the fastest results I know. Try the tutorial, read the tutorial script, and you'll quickly understand how to do things. And as for art: there's tons of creative minds in this forum, just ask for help!

koalasporks

#1869 Post by koalasporks »

Hello, everybody.

I'm a programmer and hobbyist musician. I live in the eternally interesting american midwest, where excitement is never more than a few corn fields away.

Anyway, I thought I'd post here or something.

Shiokazu
Projects: Nanashi Visual Novel( it has no name yet )

#1870 Post by Shiokazu »

oj, im just starting with this visual novel thing, im a complete newbie.
already used to writing things, books and short stories over the course of my small lifespam, and all that,

in the internets, people call me Shiokazu, Shio or Salt, whatever you feel is ok.
i hate cars, and i like singing, and i want to be something nobody wants.

website is skiesabove.wordpress.com, theres only rough(really rough) drafts.

Maelstrom-Fenrir
Regular
Completed: Shadow on the Bridge, Time Labyrinth
Projects: Porcelain Heart, Umbra
Organization: Black Witch Project

#1871 Post by Maelstrom-Fenrir »

Greetings everyone; my name is Maelstrom-Fenrir (Well for most places)

I'm just a writing fanatic; I love to write, and it will always be that way. So of course I love to stuff my plate with things to do. I've only made 1 VN before and it was a fan VN. Made in Onscripter, not Renpy though. But I first used Renpy when making it.

I've done a lot of writing for fanfictions and my own pieces. I dream of being a novelist someday. Though lately I've also found myself thinking of becoming a creative writing teacher.

In my spare time, I'm trying to learn to draw, and program.

My end result of all that, make my own SRPG, (like Fire Emblem) For fun.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#1872 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Fenrir! Yay! You're finally a member of the site! Bwuahaha, now I can bug you even more on msn about the vns here. Of course I won't do it too frequently. Hope you don't take TOO much onto your plate. Or else I'll be scolding you! D=<

You know I will! (Which reminds me...you need to finish your mystery/horror fanfic so I can find out how all the killing was pulled off.)

Anyway, welcome everyone! May you all enjoy your time here and hopefully have your vn related goals be accomplished. ^^
ImageImageImageImage

ffs_jay
Regular
Completed: HellBounders - Act 0
Projects: HellBounders series

#1873 Post by ffs_jay »

Hi all, signing in.

The name's Jay, just started using Ren'Py a couple of days ago to produce my first game. I've been dabbling around with different tools like forever, but a combination of weird circumstances led me to try out Ren'Py and find it quite a nice fit for my development style (or lack thereof). And so, my first released thing ends up as a VN. Albeit a very short one.

I love writing, art and producing music, so I like to go full control freak and produce everything for my projects. It also means I can pretty much do whatever I like with my projects at any given moment, which suits my bizarro working methods just fine.

I'm just launching a site to keep track of my stuff, including regular comic strips and things like that along with my games. Time enough to hound you all about that later though : p

It's great to be here, see you on the forums.

Nightydreams
Regular

#1874 Post by Nightydreams »

Welcomd to Shio, Fenrir and Jay. Hope you all enjoy your stay/work here at Lemmasoft.

Ps.
@jay I love your avatar. ^.^

Rikka

#1875 Post by Rikka »

Hello, my name is Kimberley Anne, but I go by "Rikka" a lot of the time. :3 I recently turned 24.

I found these forums a while back, since a friend played an otome game made by a member here and included a link to the respective post here in her review. I decided to download Ren'Py so I could play around with the programming (I have a 4-year degree in Computer Science and do a little programming as part of my job in a hospital), since I'd like more exposure to Python.

I'm a fan of visual novels since I like to be told stories. And visual novels incorporate a lot of things I'm interested in: programming (5 years!), voice acting (11 years!), and writing (well, I was published in an anthology once, if that counts). I can't draw, though. feelsbadman.jpg. But I'm learning! I bought a Wacom tablet late last year just for the sake of learning to draw.

I'm considering trying my hand at NaNoRenO. :3