Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
Captain Mori
Tumblr: morianrhod
Deviantart: morianrhod

Re: Guestbook

#4561 Post by Captain Mori »

Name: Captain Mori
Website: Uh... probably most active on Tumblr nowadays, but Deviantart is still an option, though less frequently used.

I've been playing visual novels avidly the last four five years now, I'd vaguely heard of Renpy, but it wasn't until I tried backsearching one particular VN that I found a link back to here. I've had an idea for several VNs myself, but never had the oomph to go and make one. So I figured I'd jump right in and sign up and stick around for support in making at least one of my ideas.
I mainly play on my phone, and I've got a love of nautical stuff- pirates, mermaids, etecetera. My most memorable ones were ones made by Voltage or NTT Solmare, but there was one particular VN I remember where the protagonist was a pirate who had a parrot, who got turned into a Mermaid by a Wizard/Sorcerer and had to steal some Mermaid Treasure, but I can't remember what the full name of the VN was as I only played the Demo on my computer.

Haderezriell

#4562 Post by Haderezriell »

Hello everyone!

Please allow me to introduce myself:
23yo Celtic guy, from Brittany now living near Paris for my studies.
If you want to know: BioMedical Engineering is my field, and more precisely iPS cells (body-on-a-chip, regenerative medicine, etc.). I'll leave for Kyoto in a few weeks for my internship.

To get back to the VN subject:
- I haven't read much VN yet, just a few.
- I have seen some anime adaptations (CLANNAD + AS, Steins Gate, etc.)
- I love storytelling (as all Celts, I guess?) and I've already wrote small stories on other subjects, not yet a VN.

I came here because I decided to start working on my own VN project!
I have no f*cking clue how well it will end up, but eh! Who cares! ... except me ^^

The synopsis (short version): 2 guys and 3 girls (age 20-22) are going on a trip to Brittany. Isolated in a fairytale scenery each of them (or just some of them, depending on player) will have to work through their emotions and personal issues.

The genre might be somewhere between "romance/friendship + growing up + a special topic for some chapters (psycho/investigation/storytime/scenery/myth/...)"
18+ is not on the menu, but a slight hint of ecchi never killed anyone, I guess... I'll see...

I'll surely come back later on, in appropriate chats, to see if I can get the help of some artists :)
Feel free to ask anything if ever these 2 lines interest you :)

I wish you all the best of luck and success and emotions,
and I'm out!

mashiko

#4563 Post by mashiko »

Hello! Since registering here a couple of weeks ago, I've only been lurking, but that's going to stop now.

Name: Mashiko

I've been writing on and off. I'm thinking of joining Nanoreno this year, but we'll see how it goes. I'm not even good at arts, so I might join other team or just use CC. Anyway, see you around people!

pelmeniki

#4564 Post by pelmeniki »

HELLO It's very nice to be here////

My name is Lu, and I'm a music education/composition student living in the U.S.! I also do art, writing, and, er... gamedev.

I've been coding since I was a baby and I've always been super into game development (I've made a couple RPG Maker games of my own when I was like, 13, haha). About 3 years ago I really got into VN games, but I haven't published any of my own, though I do have a couple of projects swimming around in my head~ I love the mystery genre, so guess what my favourite is (cough cough it's Higurashi).

Anywaysss I'm here to get help and advice on the project that I'm currently working on, and possibly help out people who need some music or art done. Hope to see everyone around!//

Metal Upa

#4565 Post by Metal Upa »

Hello everyone! It’s great to find a community as friendly and welcoming as this.

My day job here in Iceland is in tech ops for a largish game developer, supporting a long-running sci-fi MMO.

Visual novels are something I only recently discovered, through playing first Steins;Gate and 999, and then a few of the classics after that. I feel like I immediately fell in love with the VN format, and have been playing around with Ren’Py for a few months.

I want to extend a big thank you to everyone who has contributed with answering questions about Ren’Py in this forum, as many of the topics here have been of great help in learning how to code on Ren’Py.

I’m the author of a few table-top RPG books, some based on Icelandic / Viking folklore and history, and others based on the Cthulhu Mythos. I have been working on adapting some of my table-top designs and stories into visual novels.

Alhia
Projects: Clinamen
Tumblr: alhia
Deviantart: alhia

#4566 Post by Alhia »

Hello everybody!

My name's Alhia, I live in France and I'm a teacher by day. I'll be turning 26 in a few days.

By night I usually draw comics/illustrations, but lately I've been feeling... tired? I thought I could use a change of medium, and visual novels appealed te me because it was a change (video games! which I love) but not too much of a change either (storytelling via picture + words) so it seemed within my grasp.

I've been working on a project these last weeks, in french so far but I'll be sure to talk about it once I complete and translate it.

Thank you for all the great ressources and discussions around here, it's already been a big help! I'll try to reciprocate in any way possible.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#4567 Post by Donmai »

Wow! Pleased to meet you all. Hope to see you in the forums. :D
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

Soundstorm
Projects: Elementalism
Tumblr: Elementalistacademy

#4568 Post by Soundstorm »

Um, hi ^^
I've been on here to lurk a few times but I thought I'd make an account to say hi.
I'm Soundstorm, or Soundy if you prefer. I'm a 21 year old Canadian person.
I'm currently writing a visual novel that doesn't have a name but does have a Tumblr (Tumblr is in my profile) and I like talking to other writers and getting feedback, and this seems like a good place for that.
I also just love hearing about other visual novels, ideas, characters, etc., from people. I love creative things.
I also enjoy singing, doodling and kickboxing. So that's also something.
I'll be around if anyone wants to send a message on here or on my tumblr. I'll also offer my skype if anyone asks for it.

Zure
Projects: Another Story -an otome's path-
Deviantart: zuzure

#4569 Post by Zure »

Hello!

I'm Zure, a 23y.o French girl. I've been lurking for some time, but you'll hear about me soon! (... I hope so ;_;)
What to say about me? Well... I still need to polish my english but I'm currently working on a visual novel, an otome game/romance game to be precise.
I'm still hesitant to create a topic because I'm far from finishing it, but that's why I'm here! :D

Nice to meet you all o/
Last edited by Zure on Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

neuronaut
Tumblr: neuronaut-nobody

#4570 Post by neuronaut »

Howdy, folks! The username's neuronaut, but you can just call me Neuro. I'm a big ole bright ball of sunshine aiming to liven things up a bit here in the VN-making world - in a way, anyways. I actually want to focus more on thrillers and murder mysteries, and, well, y'know... I don't think there's really that much "life" in either genre? HAHA.

Jokes.

Anyways! I'm a male, twenty years old, living in Tennessee, and I (like many of you may inherently assume) have an intense, almost unparalleled love for the VN medium. However, while I love to write, and even though I really do want to show off my ideas in Renpy... if I'm being honest, all I've really accomplished with Renpy so far is tossing out any of the practice drafts I've made. So, err... long story short, I don't have any finished works. But, hey! I figure I'll tackle that problem with a bit of time and hard work - and, maybe now, some official guidance? - and continue this journey with solid confidence. I know I'll accomplish a lot with everyone's help!

(Side note: while I don't have a Skype account, I do have Discord!)

Work with you soon!

duane

#4571 Post by duane »

Hello! Just registered. Very excited to try to develop a VN, this looks like a great and helpful community!

artyrambles
Tumblr: artyrambles

#4572 Post by artyrambles »

Hey there!

I'm Arty, 24/she, and I've been checking this forum every once in a while, and now finally decided to make an account!
I don't know what to say about me...I'm a writer and artist and can do a little bit of programming, so VNs are just the right thing for me to be creative. I haven't finished any yet but I'm working on a big project that will hopefully be advanced enough to be presented to the public soon. But until then it will stay a secret.
You can follow me on tumblr or message me there or stuff, my personal blog is phantom-sin and my tanking blog is artysanctuary!

Cheers!

Skita
Tumblr: wannaberichgirl

#4573 Post by Skita »

Hello! I'm Skita, I'm 18 (19 in four months!) and soon to college student! I recently found this website and decided that I should make an account. I've been in love with visual novels since I had discovered them in around 2013 and I always had wanted to help create one! I mostly love any vn that has some over arching mystery, those are always so intriguing!

I'm mostly a writer for fun, I've been writing since god knows when. Currently I mostly been writing a fanfiction writer and a roleplayer, although as of late I have been wanting to start working on a visual novel. I think it would be cool if I could either write one of my own or at least be apart of a project one day! I hope to have fun on this site!

Soramaro

#4574 Post by Soramaro »

Hello,

I registered on Lemmasoft a moment ago but I wrote very few (because I'm shy :$) ... Today I finally decided to participate in the forum rather than just read on it :

So to introduce myself ... I am Soramaro, I am 28 years old and I am French. Forgive my maybe bad English, don't hesitate to correct me, I try to improve. I discovered the VNs 3 years ago with Katawa Shoujo and higurashi. I'm interested more and more in the amateur visual novels that are present on this site.

I like to write and code, which is why I prepare my first VN whose images will be made with DAZ (forgiveness if I blaspheme =( , do not whip me). I would give info when there will be some concrete things to show! (Hoping that it will interest you)

See you soon all!

A.Scar

#4575 Post by A.Scar »

Hello all. I'm new around here and figured I'd better say 'hi'.
I'm just starting out in VO as a hobby, am hoping to eventually move into it as a part-time job, and am looking for projects in need of my services as a way to get some experience while helping out other creators.

Feel free to say hello. I have a few samples on Soundcloud, but will not be sharing them unless specifically asked because some of them are works in progress or placeholders that I'm trying to improve on.