Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
CrimsonMoon
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Scented Dream

Re: Guestbook

#3466 Post by CrimsonMoon »

Hello!

I'm CM from Brunei. I've played several visual novels from this site and a few others. I'm interested in doing a VN myself. But the only thing I'm good at is writing. I'm pretty bad at graphics and coding. My brain almost explodes when trying for coding for my very short VN, lol. But it was fun.

Website is: http://talespindler.blogspot.com/ which I just create today. xD Nothing much to see.
Updated: 06/05/2015
I make logo, request here (STATUS: CLOSE)
Newbie to making VN.

cosmic latte
Projects: Notturno, Project Lovingly
Organization: Iridescence VNs

#3467 Post by cosmic latte »

Hello friends!

I'm cosmic latte. I'm currently making my own visual novel (otome, gender bender) but I'd also like to help out as an artist for other projects! I also love playing all genres of games, mainly horror and adventure. *W*

Redmoonguardian
IRC Nick: RedMoonGuardian

#3468 Post by Redmoonguardian »

Humm... my nickname is kuro, i'm gothic, i live in portugal, almada... I don't have a website.
Miku: Yes, i do like mushrooms...
Lily:I think you don't have anyhing to do with that... :p
Blue Lemma: I don't know if i'm a cute girl... but most people say i'm pretty...
I really like Lemma soft because i can find all types of games i like here... and i guess that's it... :p

LRH
Regular

#3469 Post by LRH »

Hi, I'm LRH. I would have been LRH Studios, but it would seem 'stud' is not allowed as part of a username? I'm a writer/artist, with some programming/coding experience, but not with python. I'm new to visual novels, and decided to jump in at the deep end by making two games at once in order to learn how to work with Ren'py. One's a VN set in the California street racing/drift racing scene, another one's an original sci-fi primarily point-and-click adventure. I've been lurking for solutions to some of my programming problems on the forums, but some of the solutions given still went over my head, so I figured I'd register so I can ask for some clarification.

Sorakun
Regular
Completed: Techno Titans, Blood Metal Exorcism, Tom Cruiser, Mechadin, UPlay
IRC Nick: Sorakun

#3470 Post by Sorakun »

LRH wrote:Hi, I'm LRH. I would have been LRH Studios, but it would seem 'stud' is not allowed as part of a username? I'm a writer/artist, with some programming/coding experience, but not with python. I'm new to visual novels, and decided to jump in at the deep end by making two games at once in order to learn how to work with Ren'py. One's a VN set in the California street racing/drift racing scene, another one's an original sci-fi primarily point-and-click adventure. I've been lurking for solutions to some of my programming problems on the forums, but some of the solutions given still went over my head, so I figured I'd register so I can ask for some clarification.
What kind of programming problems?

LRH
Regular

#3471 Post by LRH »

Sorakun wrote:
LRH wrote:Hi, I'm LRH. I would have been LRH Studios, but it would seem 'stud' is not allowed as part of a username? I'm a writer/artist, with some programming/coding experience, but not with python. I'm new to visual novels, and decided to jump in at the deep end by making two games at once in order to learn how to work with Ren'py. One's a VN set in the California street racing/drift racing scene, another one's an original sci-fi primarily point-and-click adventure. I've been lurking for solutions to some of my programming problems on the forums, but some of the solutions given still went over my head, so I figured I'd register so I can ask for some clarification.
What kind of programming problems?
Specifically, I'm having trouble with making a screen that when opened, prevents interaction with any other elements than those contained in that screen - for example, I click a button on a HUD (already made, no problems with that), and it opens a new 'window' on top of everything else (it does this just fine), and until you click the 'close' button in the new window, the only things you can click are inside that window (this, it doesn't do).

Beyond that, I'm having trouble with custom mouse cursors. I don't know how to define a new kind of cursor in a dictionary, nor how to reference a new mouse style in screen language.

I was about to start a thread to cover all this in more detail. :)

TheMuffincake

#3472 Post by TheMuffincake »

Hello! Uhm...I'm not exactly sure what to put here but...Hi! I'm hoping to be a friendly contributing member to the Wonderful Land of Lemma. I've been lurking on here for about...6 months??? And have finally decided to step out from my private shadowy abyss and introduce myself, as TheMuffincake. You can call me Muffin. c: I-If you wanna of course...ahahaha...

I have decent talent as a writer, editor/proofreader, voice actress/singer, and am learning programming. I'm hoping I can help out with a few VNs and improve in those areas, maybe to the point I could be paid for it...(Hah. Yeah right. XD) I have a few other things I do that may prove useful on this forum and to members, such as my 4 years of experience in video editing (could come in handy when/if making movies or opening sequences in VNs), Logo designing (I'd love to get really good with GUI and such...It intrigues me greatly and can look so pretteh~ *u* ) lil' bit of composing...annnnd other things I can't think of at this moment. Urgh. The first post is always the hardest, isn't it? XD

I am currently working on a short, 20 minute-ish, Comedy, Parody, and completely random...VN. I'm hoping to be posting it in the Ideas section soon! The point of it is really to learn the basics of Ren'py and try to figure out what exactly I'm doing, before I get involved in anyone else's projects. XD Try to sort out my major errors in a silly, purposefully crappy VN. ...I thought it was a smart idea, at least. *sweatdrop* Even if it fails, it'll hopefully still be memorable, if only for my lack of art skills. XD I'm doing my best to stay optimistic about it all, though! :D

But now I had better end this introduction here before this becomes a 5 paragraph essay! (..again..) So...nice to meet you all in advance!! ^-^

ibukichan
Regular
Completed: Project E.A.R.T.H. [NaNo '15]
Projects: A Step Ahead, Deadhead, Jinsei no Mondai
itch: aikosakana

#3473 Post by ibukichan »

Hey everyone!

Name: Sam
Thoughts on Lemmasoft: Pretty cool website, games are awesome
Mushrooms: Nope
Underwear: It's a secret

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#3474 Post by Donmai »

Welcome ibukichan, TheMuffincake, LRH, cosmic latte, CrimsonMoon, j3za.
Aceite as boas-vindas, ó tu que guardas a lua vermelha.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

LRH
Regular

#3475 Post by LRH »

Hi Muffincake and ibukichan, nice to see some other new folks, because I always feel awkward when I'm the only new signup on a forum :)

Have faith, Muffincake, with practice, your art will get good too ;)

TheMuffincake

#3476 Post by TheMuffincake »

Donmai wrote:Welcome ibukichan, TheMuffincake, LRH, cosmic latte, CrimsonMoon, j3za.
Aceite as boas-vindas, ó tu que guardas a lua vermelha.
Thank you for the welcome!!
LRH wrote:Hi Muffincake and ibukichan, nice to see some other new folks, because I always feel awkward when I'm the only new signup on a forum :)
Have faith, Muffincake, with practice, your art will get good too ;)
Hello and thank you! :D I'll keep at it. X3 It'd be pretty cool to become sort of a jack of all trades one day...XD But with all the amazing art I've seen on this forum, it's pretty hard to believe I could ever even get close to something like that. XD

Chieana

#3477 Post by Chieana »

Hello everyone!

I'm Chieana, 20 years old, Dutch (dum dum dum) and I'm currently working on a VN together with my (younger) brother ;)

I'm currently studying Game Design & Production and hope to become a narrative designer in the future (I'll have a website by next year, because that is a school assingment xD) :)

My talents and interests are mainly in: (script)writing, proofreading/editing, editing videos, and programming (only in the Ren'py engine though x3), but that's probably not all there is... ask (specific things, please xD) if you're curious!
I also have quite a bit of knowledge on film (techniques), games (genres, mechanics, etc.), storytelling (narrative structures etc.), art, and anything else I learn at school, basically xD (which is way too much >.< I even have quite a bit of knowledge on psychology because of it...)

Shamefully I must admit that I am no artist... I used to be very much into art, but things happened at high school (we had an art course) that ruined my passion for it and now, since I have overcome my dislike for art, I am incapable of creating things :( I guess if I took the time to learn it again, I would be fine, but I simply don't want to focus my attention on art, because I fear that my dislike will return...
I would love to try out voice acting one of these days, because I used to perform in plays and thought it was a lot of fun! However, I would definitely have to spend some time on getting to know what kind of voice I have and what I can use it for first...

Well, I like a lot of things and dislike a bunch of things as well, but you'll find all of that out once you get to know me (spoilers would be boring, right?) :D

Phew, that was quite a bit of text... I hope to learn a bunch here and maybe make some friends ^^

~Chieana

Oh, also, I am female, for those who were curious xD

Senila
Regular

#3478 Post by Senila »

Name: Senila
comments about Lemma Soft: I think this site is so useful! ^ v ^ it has helped my a lot with Ren'py related problems and I'd love to help people out through the recruitment section in the future~! > v <

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Silent Column Demo, Memory Mage
Projects: The Silent Column, A Lily from the Lightless Water, A Castle on an Island
Deviantart: SelLillianna
itch: SelLillianna

#3479 Post by SelLi »

I like your avatar, j3za. Nice to meet all the rest of you, too. Welcome to the forums.

Airie

#3480 Post by Airie »

Name: Airie
EDIT: WEBSITE FINISHED NOW!

I hope to work with you lovelies soon!!
Last edited by Airie on Sun May 25, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.