Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
tpgames
Regular
Projects: Jade Universität

Re: Guestbook

#991 Post by tpgames »

tpgames, from Jupiter or earth depending on day.
Why Ren'Py? Its cross operating system friendly UNLIKE some programs/sites I know that deal with RPG. Too many are PC only. I can't support such discrimination, so Ren'Py rules!

Lemma: Excellent forum! I will actually be able to get help now, when I'm ready for it. I'm a slow learner and take time to process info, so I won't be posting much questions at first. I"m still reading everything and doing the trial and error. And, as far as answering others questions? Not for a while yet. :lol:

I hope to learn python so I can make the RPG game I always wanted to play but never could because the sites are PC only. :P Or, have too much killing in them, require 5GB of space, cost $$$, slutty/anorexic avatars, etc. Or, don't work on Ubuntu. It surprising how many sites don't code for Macs! :P Haven't found the rpg game for macs either. Yes, it will take me a year to program my game. :lol: If I'm lucky! :lol: :lol:

Website? Uh, I'll post it in my signature when its more ready for business and after I've been here awhile. Currently, it doesn't have any Ren'py stuff anyways.
Kyteroo jaunting off....(won't add website until I've finished 1 Ren'Py game)
WIP: Jade Universität - A RPG puzzle game.

Jake
Support Hero

#992 Post by Jake »

tpgames wrote: I can't support such discrimination, so Ren'Py rules!
Honestly, I can't tell if you're joking or not, but you've posted it in two threads now - you know that it's generally not discrimination but just convenience, right? It's often a lot easier to write for a single platform than for multiple platforms, so people often only put enough effort in to write for whatever their chosen platform is. Relying on cross-platform languages (how Ren'Py does it) will help to a degree, but it also means you're seriously limited in your choice of language and often you'll miss out on fancier things which might be platform-specific. Don't expect to see a Ren'Py app which integrates with Spotlight so you can find the correct save to load any time soon.

Also Ren'Py totally discriminates against people who want to play VNs on their XBox 360s.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Sheru-chan
Regular

#993 Post by Sheru-chan »

@helenk579
I just got registered just few days ago, and as far as I have been concerned...I never received cold shoulder...
So don't worry.

And, welcome! ^_^
Currently working on:
Lock On! ~Sins and Atonement~ in hiatus
GXB game.
---------------------------------------
Imouto Complex is active.

xprezzinada

#994 Post by xprezzinada »

hiya all, lemme introduce my self...

I recently joined, and I am very interested to explore this further my hobby again. I like games and classical music, therefore I combine these two hobbies and trying to make a musical composition for a variety of games, hopefully, I can obtain experience and certainly through this forum I can channel my hobby as a business, do not hesitate to contact me, I will help you create a musical composition, themes etc.. to complement your needs

azraillesama
Regular

#995 Post by azraillesama »

Name: Jason
Website: http://otakultura.com <--- Otaku goodie blog site: anime, toys, technology, japan, so on so forth
Comments about Lemmasoft: A small community of very enthusiastic people. I love it!
Jason Cheng
Innovators Production Founder and CEO ( Site under development using Drupal )
Xile Ragnarok Online Co-Admin: xilero.net
DA: http://helrouis.deviantart.com
Developed Blog site: http://otakultura.com
Developed and Maintained Sites:divisionheaven.com patiopacificboracay.com blueandgreentours.com
MSN: jason.m.cheng@gmail.com

jadacamilla
Regular

#996 Post by jadacamilla »

Name: Jade Camille

Comments on LSF: Fantastic! I love every games here(especially the otome games!) XD

EmmaShan

#997 Post by EmmaShan »

Hi, just registered here but have been lurking a while.

Let's see... I'm actually only 10, but my parents would probably go "Wtf?" at me asking them to mail something for a registration... yeah...
I'm interested in making my own VNs, and I mostly specialize in the idea/planning/writing section of projects. I suck at music and art but hope to improve my drawing skills once I get a Bamboo tablet in three or so months.

... too much information, yes?

Madotsuki

#998 Post by Madotsuki »

'Sup, I'm Madotsuki.

I'm a budding developer with... limited skills [which is a fancy way of saying I'm really crappy at it xD]. However, writing is definitely a strong point of mine, and I'd be more then happy to lend my madd skillz to people.

...And that's about it.

DragoonHP
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Christmas
IRC Nick: DragoonHP

#999 Post by DragoonHP »

I think I should sign the h\guestbook too.

I'm actually no one to start from. Just a fanfic writer though I adore my wild imagination.
I have very basic python skills/renpy skills and I hope to learn by hit and trial method.
Currently I'm trying to write a story around a font file. All help accepted.

XxKonakonaxX

#1000 Post by XxKonakonaxX »

The post I was going to put died with my internet connection...
TWICE.TT_TT

Well, one more time...

I've been lurking for a while, and I finally decided to join up.
I'm currently working on a game in Ren'Py, and I'm about 7000 words into the demo's dialogue(about halfway through)
I've never made a game before other than a simple sidescroller in GameMaker, so this is my first time with scripted programming.
I would say my art skills are somewhat okay....about on par with that of a Japanese 10 year old.^^"

I have devoted myself to making this game, so it WILL be finished. One way or another.XDDD
Hopefully, the demo will come out before the end of summer.
I'll make a thread later.^^

Thoughts on Lemma: You guys are one of the most friendly support forums I've come across online. Every problem that I've had so far has had an answer in this place. You rock!

eternaldaydreamer

#1001 Post by eternaldaydreamer »

Hi! My name is Kim and I'm kinda new here. :D Stumbled upon this website about a year ago and I've been lurking ever since! :D Finally decided to join after a bit. XP

I love that Lemmasoft has lots of great games by the users and I've always wanted to make a game but.... never got around to it. XP I can only draw with a pencil and I can't stand for using a mouse cause my hands get shaky sometimes and I end up messing up the drawing. D:

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#1002 Post by LVUER »

Then buy a tablet, if you are really interested into art.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

eternaldaydreamer

#1003 Post by eternaldaydreamer »

LVUER wrote:Then buy a tablet, if you are really interested into art.

I'm trying to convince my parents. =/ They don't really see a need for it so I'm hoping to finally convince them after my major exams this year. :D

NosatsuBishie

#1004 Post by NosatsuBishie »

Hi peeps!

I'm Clea. I'm a noob artist and is currently making my own VN. Hope to get along with everyone! :D

Ren'py is so easy to learn and I'm really loving it.

Hope to get myself improved soon! Nice to meet you all! :)

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#1005 Post by MaiMai »

eternaldaydreamer wrote:
LVUER wrote:Then buy a tablet, if you are really interested into art.

I'm trying to convince my parents. =/ They don't really see a need for it so I'm hoping to finally convince them after my major exams this year. :D
My dad was happy to get me a tablet since it meant he wouldn't have to buy me Copics XD And in general if you get a tablet, you won't be using as much paper that's for sure.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)