Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
Muffle

Re: Guestbook

#4846 Post by Muffle »

Hi, I literally just joined ^-^

Name: Muffle
Comments about Lemma Soft: It seems like a nice and helpful community.

A Little About Me: Um, I like lizards, and Madoka Magica. I have five lizards, two guinea pigs, and a dog as pets currently. I like dark, psychological horror games and really enjoy visual novels like Amnesia MEMORIES, Eden, Narcissu, and Planetarian. There's also a few indie VN's I've played that were pretty good.

My Games: I've only made one game with Renpy and it's called Under the Bed. I've made two other games using RPG Maker VX Ace, and I am part of the rmn.net community where I post most of my games. I really enjoy both playing and making games and I hope one day I can make one that grabs several peoples attention.

Pros: Well, I'm good at making character backgrounds and story depth, as well as event planning and how the game runs. For the most part, I am pretty good at scripting as well.
Cons: My grammar isn't the best despite my love for writing, I'm not very good with graphical art (I'm pretty good with sketching on paper) but I now have a drawing tablet I'm experimenting with. I can't make music either, and uh... if it comes to like rpg maker games I'm not really good at mapping, or sprite making (though that's something else I'm working on.

Other: Well. I'm uh. Well I guess sort of dense? I don't know, sometimes people try to help me and things fly over my head even if it seems very basic and easily understandable to others. Because of this I don't ask for help much, but what I've seen on these forums people are quite patient and kind. So here I am!
Last edited by Muffle on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aoi14
Projects: GuardianS X

#4847 Post by Aoi14 »

Oooh wow, I missed the Guestbook completely -___- Better sign in then :D

Name: Aoi14
Website: I don't have one personally, but I do HTML coding for others so you could say I've made quite a few ;)

My Games: I'm currently making two using Ren'Py- however, I like to think they're not just VNs. I do love a good story, but I also like strange game mechanics to boot, which hopefully will appeal to a variety of people. As I've said already, I've learnt HTML and practice website-making regularly as a hobby and as a job. :D I am in the process of learning Python professionally; I have some limited experience but I'd love to take it up a notch! Ren'Py has been a learning curve, but hopefully I'm settling in. It's gradually correlating more with Python as I use it, which is awesome! :)

Pros: I am a fast learner when it comes to coding and I'm able to provide most materials when it comes to making games e.g. music, art and code.
Cons: Although I can write a good plot, I'm not at all good with loopholes and engaging an audience :( I also make some really stupid mistakes with code sometimes :?

Other: I like rainbows and kawaii and stuff, and I'm a total klutz when it comes to most things. And, uhh, I'm a huge extrovert. Unbelievably so. :)
Working on VNs. As usual :P

Cercecile
IRC Nick: Cercecile

#4848 Post by Cercecile »

Hello !

So I do things in order, and here I am to present myself !

I'm Cécile, I'm French, and I started to use Ren'py and Editra like three months ago ! This forum is soooo helpful and I really want to help people like people did for me. I live in Aix-en-Provence, a cute town just next to Marseille, I don't have any website or alike, but maybe soon.

Nice to meet y'all !

arty
Regular
Completed: White Monday
Projects: HATE is a 4 Letter Word
Organization: KATHARSIS ART
itch: artys-games

#4849 Post by arty »

Hi!!

I've been lurking for a loooong time and kinda messing around with Renpy without it going anywhere. I had an account in the past for a short while but never really used it. Now that I'm finally getting an idea what I want to do, I thought I'd make a proper one.

I'm an artist who also enjoys writing. My first language is German, but I mostly write in English nowadays.

And you're probably looking at my icon right now and wondering what the heck that is,..... Well let's say I'm all about object heads.
So, that's all I can think of right now! If you want to talk, feel free to message me in PMs or on my tumblr blog. I also have discord.

Cheers

FairyKing
Deviantart: gusindor

#4850 Post by FairyKing »

Yo! I'm Sebastian, or FairyKing if you'd rather use usernames. He/him/his pronouns, please.

I aspire to be a writer and game designer, and since I'm feeling a bit uninspired in both those fields at the moment, I thought maybe branching out and trying visual novels would get my creative juices flowing again. I like to think I'm a decent writer, and I have a little experience with programming, but I can't draw to save my life so for the time being I'm using Kisekae for illustrations, limited though it is, and hoping to switch to a more advanced program eventually.

I admit I'm not actually very familiar with visual novels, the only examples I've played being Doki Doki Literature Club and a little bit of Katawa Shoujo (I plan on playing more but haven't found the time yet), so any recommendations would be welcome, especially if you can point me to something like the game DDLC pretended to be before it got meta.

Hmm, what else... I'm a huge nerd about lots of things, with my first loves being Legos and tabletop RPGs like Dungeons & Dragons, and I've recently gotten obsessed with Kamen Rider. Oh, and I'm fairly shy, even online, so if I don't talk to you very much it's nothing against you. I think that's pretty much it for an introduction, so yeah, it's nice to meet you all!

envixer

#4851 Post by envixer »

Name: Envixer
comments about Lemma Soft: So far so awesome!

Koya-Sato

#4852 Post by Koya-Sato »

Hello peebles! ٩̋(ˊ•͈ ꇴ •͈ˋ)و

I've played a few VNs in the past but I only really got interested in them recently with the release of Doki Doki Literature Club.
I stumbled upon DDLC's modding community a few weeks ago and decided that I wanted to make a cute mod as a gift for a friend's birthday, but now that I've fooled around a bit I actually find myself really intrigued by what Ren'Py and Python can do in general, so I think I might've accidentally gotten myself involved for the long haul. I didn't even intend to join the forum at first, just look for answers to questions when I needed them... but you all seemed like such a lovely bunch of folks that I decided to give it a shot.
I am currently learning Python while fooling around with DDLC modding, but I've actually started to come up with some really fun ideas for my own VN that I want to work on once I've gotten more confident in my abilities. \˚。\˚୧(๑•̀ᗝ•́)૭˚/。˚/ <( I must train hard and gather my power... )
I'll probably mostly be on here to ask questions that are super dumb to long time users, but seeing as how I'm a total newbie I'm kinda hoping that you'll forgive my ignorance. (๑⚗౪⚗๑)
...also, if the text faces are a bit too much just let me know and I'll (begrudgingly) retire them.

I am a female living in the United States, feel free to refer to me by any pronouns because I'm really not picky about that stuff.

Here's to hoping for a fun and productive year ahead for everybody.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#4853 Post by Donmai »

Koya-Sato wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:38 pm I actually find myself really intrigued by what Ren'Py and Python can do
Welcome to the club! :)
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

Koya-Sato

#4854 Post by Koya-Sato »

Donmai wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:44 pm Welcome to the club! :)
Thanks, I appreciate that! (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧⋆。˚✩*˚
I brought my own confetti for just such an occasion too.

ZetaKen

#4855 Post by ZetaKen »

Joined a few hours ago and was just settin' stuff up. But now that it's all done 'n stuff let's get way with introductions yeah?

Name: ZetaKen

Location: Maryland, but I'm taking classes at a college in Ohio right now.

I'm a college student majoring Applied Computer Science. Which is just a program here that combines computer science and minor of your choosing (Mine being a minor in Writing). Before that I used to make Ace Attorney fan games on a site called Ace Attorney Online. It's been awhile since I went back to the site to make more, but I'm still very interested in creating visual novel type games. I've always loved writing, and personally, I love mystery and detective stories and I hope to be able to make all sorts of games like those.

GretZeit

#4856 Post by GretZeit »

Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and Good Night?

Heya how are all the senpai doing. Well I guess its introduction are a good manners ^^;;;

I am Ken. But i mainly use Zeit, Gret or Gretious when i am playing MMO.

i am from Malaysia thinking of migrating soon down south seems good for the moment.

love VN. Utawarerumono, Aselia, Tsukihime just to name afew
For Anime -- Record of Loddoss War( anyone know this lol), Elfen Lied, Sam X, Evangelion, Angel Beats, Legend of the legendary heroes and so on
games -- FF, the legend of heroes, Shining Series, Star oceans, DMC, MGS, diablo?, MHO anyone?

No website----- had 1 but my host went bye bye but those were just something i played around with years ago.

Well i have been lurking here for about 6 months? admiring all the wonder works of arts and peeking at the recruitment section. My love for VN made me wanna try making some VN or games. So thats the reason for lurking/Joining? ^^;;; well Apart from hoping to get some Advice and Help from the Senpais since i am just a beginner.

Arinasaur

#4857 Post by Arinasaur »

Hey y'all! I've been a silent user for several years and only recently made an account. I love VNs, KNs, any type of game in general. I'll honestly play anything except horror. Would love to make my own game someday, but I only kind of do graphic design on the side and I'm lazy too so not anytime soon.

Name: Arina tbh arina/rina/ari is fine

saetan

#4858 Post by saetan »

Hello there!

My name is saetan :D
Hailing from the frost-ridden north, Canada!
Hope to get a website up and running soon!
I have been lurking this place for ages, but was always too shy to do more.

Time to change things up!
Hope to visual novel with y'all soon XD

SEZSEZ

#4859 Post by SEZSEZ »

Howdy!

This is pretty embarrassing, but I created an account here a while ago, but I forgot my username! DX
I know creating an account to inquire about this goes against Rule 6, but I'm not quite sure what to do about it. Sorry!

I'm from Ohio and I make strange visual novels! I've been using Ren'Py on and off since 2014.

YEAH!

Koumarock

#4860 Post by Koumarock »

Hello, my name is Koumarock.

I'm a programmer (but i have almost never used python before) and I would like to participate to a game or create my own game.
No website or previous work, it's all new for me.