Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
The Nightlinker
Regular
Projects: Tragedy

Re: Guestbook

#931 Post by The Nightlinker »

Hello everyone!
Yes, I like the color purple quite a bit so I'll often write in it, just to let 'cha know.

Name: Dylan K.
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States (Rainiest place in the world /sigh)
Websites: None permanent... Meh~

Pretty nice engine you guys have worked up! Too bad I can't draw T_T

I actually consider myself to be a writer, and tend to lose interest when the topic turns to art. So be warned >:U
Lead Writer for Default Productions
Current Project: Tragedy
Completion Status: [||||||||]

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#932 Post by sayuri »

You sound like me! I can't draw so I write (and I love purple). I might be a newb here too but welcome :wink:.

The Nightlinker
Regular

#933 Post by The Nightlinker »

Hey, thanks :)

JazzIsCosmic

#934 Post by JazzIsCosmic »

Howdy! I'm 6' 5"!!

I'll go by jazz is cosmic, though I think of it more as a statement than my actual name seeing as I'm not good/pretentious enough to go around calling myself jazz XD I'm a writer as well as something of an amateur composer (I've played for a while as well as beginning my music major so I hope I know what I'm doing o.0 ) and like most people I was at one point symbiotically fused with a game controller of some kind. As far as everything else in the world, I just emerged from my cave so it is likely I don't know anything about it... including why I got up this morning. But I'm here to remedy that! :D

And to sport my boxers proudly.

Anyway, I hail from the gloomy state of Washington. I currently have no website or VN experience to speak of other than playing a few, so needless to say I'm excited for whatever twisted monstrosity might be made and interacting in this creative community.
Sound Engineer for Default Productions
Current Progress: [||||||||||]

The Nightlinker
Regular

#935 Post by The Nightlinker »

Hey Jazz, glad you could make it 8)

Rook of Spades

#936 Post by Rook of Spades »

Well, hello there you weird, weird people. I'm Rook of Spades (like you didn't already read the user name) and I am the artist for Default Productions. I would like to personally take credit for introducing both Nightlinker and Jazz Is Cosmic to VNs, after having found Katawa Shoujo on a list of freeware games they had on TVtropes (if you don't know what that website is then fie on you! FIE I SAY!). I like to think that I live somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind, but people keep insisting that I live in Western Washington (no, not the capital, the NW state. Why the hell does everyone keep assuming that?)

Anyway, I had no drawing ability whatsoever until about half a year ago, though now I have a smidgen (a smidgen being barely enough to view through a microscope). But fear not good people, for I am willing to practice for long periods of time where I can't find anything better to do! Oh, right, and I'm 5'11, making me just a bit taller than Nightlinker. BWAH HA AH AH HA.
Lead Artist for Default Productions
Completion Status: [||||||||||]

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#937 Post by sayuri »

Nice to meet you~
But now it means you are one of us weird, weird people :P.

Rook of Spades

#938 Post by Rook of Spades »

I acknowledged that fact a great many years ago.
Lead Artist for Default Productions
Completion Status: [||||||||||]

pmoys
Projects: Unnamed project - 2%

#939 Post by pmoys »

Hi~
I'm 5 feet tall. (no more, no less!)
PMOYS stands for "place me on your shelf" and i like to think of it as a reference to my enjoyment of knick-knacky hobbies and history. books go on shelves. I store my yarn on shelves. Dolls go on shelves (Hello small stature!), and Tea is very nice on shelves.
I've been drawing for long enough... not to care to count? But my tablet recently experienced a bout of too-much-pressure from moving and is now dead. T_T. I would love to get a new one and start drawing again.
Located in Pittsburgh, PA, and directionally challenged... I might get lost in a town near you!
Avid Tea Drinker and Knitter

Aurelia-Aurora
Regular
Projects: Learning Japanese VN

#940 Post by Aurelia-Aurora »

pmoys wrote:Hi~
I'm 5 feet tall. (no more, no less!)
PMOYS stands for "place me on your shelf" and i like to think of it as a reference to my enjoyment of knick-knacky hobbies and history. books go on shelves. I store my yarn on shelves. Dolls go on shelves (Hello small stature!), and Tea is very nice on shelves.
I've been drawing for long enough... not to care to count? But my tablet recently experienced a bout of too-much-pressure from moving and is now dead. T_T. I would love to get a new one and start drawing again.
Located in Pittsburgh, PA, and directionally challenged... I might get lost in a town near you!
If you get lost, I'll come to save you and PYOMS! =D
Currently Working On One (1) Game
Story: 100%
Sprites: 25%
Script: 17%
Programming: 0%
Characters: 95%
Event CGs: 0%
Backgrounds: 0%

Procondigress
Projects: none

#941 Post by Procondigress »

Name: Jake
Reason for being here:
I mostly hope to be of help to anyone struggling with writing the story for their game. I’ll edit with a fien toothed come, I always try my best to give constructive criticism. If anyone has a writers block, just shoot me a message, I’ll see what I can do. And if anyone is working on any boy’s love ( Yaoi, bara, gay, etc.) games, then by David Bowie direct me to them.

Comments:
Not sure if there is much to say, other than I have high hopes for experience here, and working with Ren’py.
I find the guides on the wiki to be funderful for someone who's only experience in programming was via Game Maker, and the free resources to be very thoughtful, and see them as a great way to just get something with presentation for a demo to attact musicians and artist to one's writing or programming skills.

And the fact that you have a section specifically for recruitment is just glorious.
Last edited by Procondigress on Tue May 04, 2010 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#942 Post by Blue Lemma »

Lots of new people lately - welcome! :D
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Relit

#943 Post by Relit »

Hi! My name is Alex and I'm a 19 year old scandinavian girl. I love drawing and dreaming and I'm here because I want to find enthusiastic & creative people to make friends with. I've suffered from stress-related symptoms and anxiety from playing around aimlessly with a thousand ideas, never finishing anything I've started.

Now I want to be part of making a good game with happy & supportive people and break this evil circle.

...Let's!

nagirinara
Regular
Projects: World Academy, Galaxy Angel: A New Dawn

#944 Post by nagirinara »

Rook of Spades wrote:Well, hello there you weird, weird people. I'm Rook of Spades (like you didn't already read the user name) and I am the artist for Default Productions. I would like to personally take credit for introducing both Nightlinker and Jazz Is Cosmic to VNs, after having found Katawa Shoujo on a list of freeware games they had on TVtropes (if you don't know what that website is then fie on you! FIE I SAY!). I like to think that I live somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind, but people keep insisting that I live in Western Washington (no, not the capital, the NW state. Why the hell does everyone keep assuming that?)

Haha, nice to see another Washitonian! =^.^=
It's Nagi Rinara: Nagi-san or Rinara-chan, not Nagirinara-san. <--- Seriously, don't do it.

Currently making:
World Academy - Version Gilbo
Currently helping:
Galaxy Angel: A New Dawn
Finished:
None =T.T=

linkdragon0
Veteran
Projects: ILoMG, Nomads

#945 Post by linkdragon0 »

Ehehehe... You already probably know me already, I'm Linkdragon0, but many people call me Shoe (it's a long story...) I enjoy making visual novels, and reading them (humongous CLANNAD fan) a lot of my posts will be made through my phone, so expect me on quite a bit.

I'm not a great programmer but I'm learning. Or trying... Anyway if I have a question please help me. I'm a great story maker and a decent artist...

For the random things i'm an avid troper, and I tend to do Visual Novels as a hobby.

I also made this just because I felt I should make a guestbook entry.
My handle is Shoe, please use it if you prefer.

International League of Magical Girls
Story: 60%
Script: 15%
Art: 33.33%
Music: 0.002%
Comedy: <9000%