Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
GleeTenon
Projects: I'm don't know if I am really making a novel, or just spending some (fun) time... maybe both things at the same time.

Re: Guestbook

#4336 Post by GleeTenon »

Hello everyone,

I've read the guidelines, and then I've explored the forum a bit. And it all seems great.
Thanks a lot for sharing your time and effort, I will definitively try to do the same and collaborate somehow.

So, that's is...

If you want to know a bit more: I'm creating a visual novel "game", I don't really know if I'm doing it for fun, or if I will release it to the public someday.
But let me tell you this: But I do really enjoy the whole process. I find it extremely relaxing.

I'm relatively new to visual novels (maybe 1 or 2 years?) but in that time I've read various (including some lengthy) ones with passion.

For me, a visual novel is the perfect convergence of many disciplines that I (more or less) already know and have worked with... except one: the writing of a story itself!

I'm curious and feel like I'm about to take a long journey to a vacation island... maybe I've been on this trip from a very long time ago.

So, thanks for this space, and lets see what happens next...

Easy steps, and lets see where these new road leads to! Fun is assured.

MUGかぶり

#4337 Post by MUGかぶり »

Hello there, I am Mug. I played several VNs that I found in steam and played Blazblue,and Guilty Gear which also have the VN type story telling. I am quite interested in making the art for VN, I was working with Akumu Games for sometime to draw their character portraits before I found this forum. :lol:

Silken Sail
Regular
Projects: Henchman Story
itch: silkensail

#4338 Post by Silken Sail »

Hi! I'm Marc. I'm a professional game developer who has decided to make a visual novel in Ren'Py, so I decided to make an account that I could use to communicate with all the talented people here on the forums. A lot of the posts here have helped me sort through various issues with Ren'Py as I made my game's GUI and the like, so thanks to everyone who has asked questions and posted tutorials! Hopefully I'll be able to share more details about my game with you soon.

Name: Marc
Studio: Silken Sail Entertainment LLC
Game Development Portfolio: http://www.marcsoskin.com
Last edited by Silken Sail on Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Calamari

#4339 Post by Calamari »

Hello! I'm new to the Ren'Py scene but I've been writing for years and finally decided to try writing my own visual novel.

This should be fun! :D

Therozin
Github: Therozin

#4340 Post by Therozin »

Hello everybody,

I'm new in the creation of Visual Novel, my name's Therozin and I'm French! I'm sure Renpy's going to be a really fun adventure :)

Spacefur
Regular
Tumblr: studio-meh

#4341 Post by Spacefur »

Hello! We're Wee and Sugar, and we're currently working on a Scifi serie project... Nice to meet you :D
And we're French too.

Roencia
Completed: 1
Projects: Omni Link
Organization: Roencia Game Creators

#4342 Post by Roencia »

Here to sign the guestbook and add my name to the plethora of other people. I've realized recently how fun visual novels can be so I set off creating my own. I love looking at all the art that goes into it. You all do great work.

To add something a little different, I've made a complete action game out of my visual novel. I can't wait to show you. Look for "Omni Star" soon.

tainapsilva

#4343 Post by tainapsilva »

Hello, I've already been here a long time, but gets confused with the last question Quiz to register and never ended.

So...
My name is: Taina
My country is: Brasil
My blog: http://visualnoveleoutrosgames.blogspot.com.br/
My Youtube canal: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKFXRv ... yzoPrv52JQ
I have 22 Years,
I'm doing a visual novel, I do not know if I'll do English because I'm bad with grammar, although it is improving.
But I would like to show here when ready, because it is thanks to this forum and the wonderful people here that I will be able to make my first game.
And I want to show where the resources that I downloaded from here are being used.
And support some visual novel novels incredible here

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#4344 Post by Lesleigh63 »

We're always getting new members and it's nice to see the place so active.

Welcome everyone.

candyfarts
Tumblr: ummokaymom
Deviantart: HaruKamui

#4345 Post by candyfarts »

Hello there, my name is tomato and I'm here.
I like to draw but I'm not very good at it :0) I've been planning a visual novel for years but never gotten to it because I don't know how to program stuff. I tried but I guess things are just not meant to be.
I'm just here to try out the games, maybe make some friends too and uh maybe someone can teach me how to use renpy or something cuz that'd be great :-))))

shocktype

#4346 Post by shocktype »

Hello :lol:

I'm a newb since two days with Renpy and visual novels in general :P

I saw it mentioned once and I'm usually writing and indecisive on the story development so this should be a good medium for me to expand on. :mrgreen:

Ryn

#4347 Post by Ryn »

Name: Ryn

Hello, I'm here to hopefully meet some new people I can collaborate with in the future.
I like to write and code (and eat food).

That's it...

betesansbelle
IRC Nick: Ursu
Tumblr: tallulademetriou

#4348 Post by betesansbelle »

hello!

Name: Ursula, but Ursu for short
Website: a personal tumblr i guess? i have two but tallulademetriou.tumblr.com is the better one
Comments: i've only been here a day but i look forward to reading the collections of VNs and maybe making one of my own

i love VN's and dating sims; i can write (sort of) and draw (but no tablet so doesn't change anything), and i'm planning to try and learn python/renpy also

is it required that vn's have music and sound? bc that's the only thing i can't do

pickelsurprise

#4349 Post by pickelsurprise »

Hey everyone, it's your friendly neighborhood pickelsurprise.

I wrote an unreleased Ren'Py VN with some friends a long time ago, and I'm finally starting to work on my own. A little while ago I had an idea that just made me think "how on earth is this not an anime already?", and so I decided to try making it myself as a VN. I'm a decent writer and I know some Python, so I've got that much covered. I think the hardest part right now is actually trying not to go hunt people down for art and music and so on. Maybe it'll come to that, but I'd best not get ahead of myself.

Anyway, good to be here, and I'm really glad to see there's such a big community for making these kinds of things. I'll try to be as active and helpful as I can.

rapidly rabid
Tumblr: rapidlyrabidvns
Deviantart: rapidly-rabid

#4350 Post by rapidly rabid »

Look at me being sneaky with the guestbook, joining in when everyone's asleep haha.
I was an all time lurker, then became somewhat active, then became a lurker again. And here I am getting serious with evns!
Hopefully.

So you awesome peeps can call me rabid. Still setting up tons of things. So that's all for now.