Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice
Projects: Ultimate Yandere Simulator, The Comic Strip "Nami Otaku", Koenchu (German version)

Re: Guestbook

#1261 Post by Der Tor » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:20 pm

Hi Avaible,
I am German too... and i don't think German sentences are too long... well they can be but most people in Germany speak some kind of dialect anyway and then it becomes pretty short again :lol:
I kinda wonder wonder about your name though... does it mean you are "available"? :P
My Itch page:
https://emmanuel-goldstein.itch.io

Besucht mein deutsches Visual Novel Wiki:
http://www.visual-novel.de

Kazegen

#1262 Post by Kazegen » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:27 am

Name: Kazegen

Comments: Not much for long info dumps. Got interested in making Visual Novels, and I thought Ren'py was the best choice. Since this is the place to have feedback on VNs, this is where I signed up.
Treat me warmly.

Avaible
Regular

#1263 Post by Avaible » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:51 am

Der Tor wrote:Hi Avaible,
I am German too... and i don't think German sentences are too long... well they can be but most people in Germany speak some kind of dialect anyway and then it becomes pretty short again :lol:
I kinda wonder wonder about your name though... does it mean you are "available"? :P
Moin, Tor.

I'm available when I have time, mostly in the Novelty forum though :wink:
But no, there's no direct connection between my username and the English word for verfügbar, I just came up with it on the spur of the moment.

frglehrt

#1264 Post by frglehrt » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:58 pm

Hi everyone.. well, I'm just new here...

name: frglehrt

I really like visual novels, otome games, etc. and I'm planning on making one soon.. but I don't know... I hope I'll meet new friends here :)
I just want to have friends.
is that too much to ask for?

cloudyssky
Veteran
Completed: Alone
Projects: Many failed ones

#1265 Post by cloudyssky » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:03 pm

Welcome to all the newbies! I hope you all create great VN's :)
Projects:
Alone- (Horror/Sci-Fi) Complete! Link
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.
{Last worked on Sept/28 : Word count (coding and all) ~4500}

GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Out of Sight, Summer Found Me, Signed X, Trapped
Projects: Poison Sweet, CryptoHaven

#1266 Post by GlassHeart » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:51 pm

Hey everyone! ♥
I've been lurking on this forum for a couple of weeks and I've finally decided to join. I love VNs (duh) and after a long time I decided to start on my first one.

so a bit about me:
-My name is GlassHeart (well not really, but you know)
-I'm a girl (yay for girls lol)
-I'm from a little country called Romania (don't feel bad if you don't know where that is. *sigh*)

That's it, nice to meet you all!
Image Image

cloudyssky
Veteran
Completed: Alone
Projects: Many failed ones

#1267 Post by cloudyssky » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:23 am

GlassHeart wrote:-I'm from a little country called Romania (don't feel bad if you don't know where that is. *sigh*)
Romania represent! I've never been, nor do I have any Romanian blood, but Romania as a whole has always interested me as a country with it's amazing culture and language. In fact, my next game might take place in Romania during the 80's in a historical alternative universe. Glad to have you here!
Last edited by cloudyssky on Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Projects:
Alone- (Horror/Sci-Fi) Complete! Link
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.
{Last worked on Sept/28 : Word count (coding and all) ~4500}

KO_Okami

#1268 Post by KO_Okami » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:11 am

Hello all! KO here~ I figured it was about time I joined the forums since I'm getting back into working with Renpy again... of course it's been far too long so I have to relearn all the fancy codes again, and I just downloaded the newest version so expect questions from me :P

Where to start. . .. . =3=, um well as for my name I usually go by KO, since its my pen name that I have been using for a few years now. I self-publish my own manga series (Kurokenshin, WACOT, XYZ) and I wanted to use Renpy to create some fun games related to them (moreso WACOT though). I should probably explain a bit more about them, huh? Well, Kurokenshin ( http://kurokenshin.com ) is an action/adventure series, WACOT [With A Cherry On Top] ( http://wacot.smackjeeves.com ) is a comedy/sports/romance, and XYZ ( http://xyz.smackjeeves.com ) is a one shot romance/shoujo. Check out the links if you want to know more :)

And that's enough promotion, back to Renpy. Now that I'm restarting I really have no idea where to start XD I'm really aiming for a dating sim style with the WACOT games, so there's that to look forward to. Yeah. So, nice to meet y'all (kinda/sorta) and let's all do our best on our projects ^_^

-KO
If you like manga check out my series!
Main site: http://ko-mangaseries.com
Kurokenshin (action/adventure): http://kurokenshin.com
WACOT (comedy/romance/sports): http://wacot.smackjeeves.com <This is the one I will be basing my games off of~ :)
XYZ (romance/shoujo): http://xyz.smackjeeves.com

GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Out of Sight, Summer Found Me, Signed X, Trapped
Projects: Poison Sweet, CryptoHaven

#1269 Post by GlassHeart » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:04 am

wow cloudysky, I'm glad to hear that. I hope you do make that game, and if you need any help from a local, I'm here :D

and to KO_Okami: I read your manga XYZ just now, it's really cool and funny. I hope you make more! I will read the other one too when I have the chance.
Image Image

Lazarae
Projects: Five of Masks

#1270 Post by Lazarae » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:46 pm

Hell-oh! I'm Lazarae, or Laz, a first-time Ren'py user, frequent writer, and rather pathetic artist. I tend to run on the darker side of things; I like things like desperation and insanity in my plots, and I'm not a fan of completely happy endings. That's not to say I'm a complete pessimist, I do like it sometimes when the good guys when, but I don't like it when everything turns out perfect- the hero saves their family, their significant other, the world, and the bad guy all at once- things like that. I like blurring lines, too- reality and dreams, truth and lies, good and bad... I think I really like confusing my audience... ^^;

I've started a very ambitious project as my first Ren'py work, and I'm not sure how to tackle it, especially since I know it's stupid to take on something that big when you're learning. I have trouble with inspiration- sometimes I have none, sometimes I can't hold on to it, and times like now it takes me and just doesn't let go. So, what the hell, I'll see what I can do with it.

And... um... I think that's it. Sorry if anything in this post seems either overly formal or rambling, I'm not too good with introducing myself in an unfamiliar environment.

dubunny

#1271 Post by dubunny » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:02 am

Hi everyone! /awkward
I'm Rosina, and I'm from England ^^
Just thought I'd stop lurking and finally say hi. I've been getting more into VNs recently and stumbled upon this forum and think I've found myself a new addiction. I'm currently writing what will hopefully be my first VN and really enjoying it so far :)

yorrch

#1272 Post by yorrch » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:27 pm

Name: Yorrch

well I'm interested in create a little game, so I start to investigate the best profram to make one. and in a forum I read that Ren'py is the easiest to use and one of the bests so I download it and I'm learning how to use it.

choklitchan
Regular

#1273 Post by choklitchan » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:20 pm

Name: choklitchan

Hi everyone. I found VNs by playing Frozen Essence out of curiosity and got hooked. Then I found Renpy, which led me here. I like this community, and plan to stick around a while. :) Hope to see you all around. :D
Finished:
Shrinkled
Mobile Food Madness (Polymorphic Games)
Works in Progress
The Truth of the Legends (Hiatus)

kamiruxkamiru
Regular
Projects: Mafia's Queen

#1274 Post by kamiruxkamiru » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:45 pm

name: kamiruxkamiru
location; japan

Nice to meet you all

commoncold

#1275 Post by commoncold » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:44 am

Hello, I'm an average procrastinator who may or may not create a VN someday. I'm currently trying to understand how ren'py and python work.
But I might be wrong.