Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
AlexisPius
Projects: "On Media"

Re: Guestbook

#1786 Post by AlexisPius »

Hi there. I'm Alex.

I've been planning on making an educational program about the different forms of media for a while now. I'm pretty sure that Ren'Py would be the best tool for creating this, even though this might not be exactly what it was originally intended for...

Anyways, I have absolutely no programming knowledge so I'm sure I'll be returning here to ask questions very frequently.
Last edited by AlexisPius on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#1787 Post by ShadowBerry »

AlexisPius wrote:Hi there. I'm Alex.

I've been planning on making an educational program about the different forms of media for a while now. I'm pretty sure that Ren'Py would be the best tool for creating this, even though this might not be exactly what it was originally intended for...

Anyways, I have absolutely no programming knowledge so I'm sure I'll be returning here to ask questions very frequently.
That sounds...educational o_o
Even though I can't really imagine what you intend to do, but when it's educational I am watching it anyway :o

I also just started with Ren'py as a noob, but it's easy..more or less xD
Own project:

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#1788 Post by silenteve »

Why hello there. I'm Sana.

I've been planning to make an otome game on and off now for the past few months now. I have a few notes about the characters and also some notes on the beginning scenarios. It's going to be quite long and so complex and it's already irritating me but I think its still fun. However, I'm a huge perfectionist and I probably won't release it for a long time. I'm basically writing it out right now, but I don't have any graphic or programming knowledge. I have no idea what I'm doing and I think it'll be fun to learn. :)

I'm planning on buying a tablet. Is that a good idea??? I'm taking anatomy in school right now and I'm learning to draw the characters anatomically correct. I'm not sure if I should form a group or something, because I honestly don't trust anyone -_- but I may change my mind on that.

I already have Ren'py and I'm making a basic story first then vamping it up to something unnecessarily complex and then simplifying it. :) I'm going to need a lot of help so I'll be coming in and out of this site for awhile.

icecheetah
Regular

#1789 Post by icecheetah »

Hello, I'm Icecheetah. And I'm known as that almost everywhere I go on the internet (that, or icecheetah2). Most call me "ice" for short.
I'm Scottish, and yes I am posting this at 1:50 in the morning. Not very good at falling asleep before 2am even if I try.

I'm here because I love playing some of the games I found here, and I want to finally post comments on them! I also have a couple of ideas for games and want help, of course. And maybe to help others as I become more experienced.

Finally, I have a website where I post art! But it needs refurbushing so I'll show off my deviantart account instead: http://icecheetah.deviantart.com/

Chushiki Maho
Regular
Projects: X-Tasy, Teacher Pets, Virus
Organization: Infinite Scribbles Productions

#1790 Post by Chushiki Maho »

Hello everyone! Welcome to LSF, enjoy yourself. :)

@ Ice
Hi, hope to see you around the forums sometime! Have fun.

@ Silenteve
welcome! Good luck on your project. I'm sure you'll find people to trust soon; LSF is full of amazing and friendly people. :)
X-Tasy - GXB (WIP)
~ My Fanfiction
Virus [NaNoRenO 2012]
French to English (or vice-versa) VN translator ~ PM me if interested :3

Saphrot
Projects: Mimik, 30 Days

#1791 Post by Saphrot »

Hello, my name is Saphrot and I am from Germany.

I have been playing around with Ren'Py, as a hobby, for a while now, but finally decided I want to get some stuff done.
I have some basic knowledge of programming, but for some of the more complicated problems this Forum has really helped me, so I decided to join and maybe give something back, if I can.
And ask some more questions, when they arrise. xD

I don't have a website of my own, so here is my DeviantArt.

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#1792 Post by ShadowBerry »

Saphrot wrote:Hello, my name is Saphrot and I am from Germany.

I have been playing around with Ren'Py, as a hobby, for a while now, but finally decided I want to get some stuff done.
I have some basic knowledge of programming, but for some of the more complicated problems this Forum has really helped me, so I decided to join and maybe give something back, if I can.
And ask some more questions, when they arrise. xD

I don't have a website of my own, so here is my DeviantArt.

Hey neighbour! xD
Well, I'm from Germany too, just moved to Holland :P

So you have knowledge?
If I have a question I'll ask you ok?
Own project:

katsunai

#1793 Post by katsunai »

*Finally decides to stop lurking and post something for a change*

Hello, I'm Katsunai. I recently got interested in Ren'Py and want to try making my own VN after playing a bunch of awesome ones :P

The programming part seems a little intimidating but after reading more tutorials, I'm pretty sure I can get the hang of it.

Now the only problem is thinking up a story that hasn't been done yet...

Anyways, it's great to see such a nice community here :D

Raindrops
Regular
Projects: My Secret Spring (Co-writer & Proofreader), [Secret]

#1794 Post by Raindrops »

I've been lurking here and there lately before I finally got the guts to sign up!

I'm Raindrops (Rain, Drops, Rainy, Droppy, etc.) I've been playing around with Ren'Py and I seem to have grasped the basics of it :D I live in England and I'm Chinese! Woop to all other BBCs out here!

Now to go lurk around some more and get an idea or two down...*waves*

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#1795 Post by ShadowBerry »

Raindrops wrote:I've been lurking here and there lately before I finally got the guts to sign up!

I'm Raindrops (Rain, Drops, Rainy, Droppy, etc.) I've been playing around with Ren'Py and I seem to have grasped the basics of it :D I live in England and I'm Chinese! Woop to all other BBCs out here!

Now to go lurk around some more and get an idea or two down...*waves*

*waves*
Welcome here
I am interested to see your future projects :3
Have a good day :3
Own project:

momoshie
Regular
Projects: Wan to Nyan!

#1796 Post by momoshie »

@Raindrops: Loving your icon <3 :D

Nightydreams
Regular
Projects: The Saddest Music In The World

#1797 Post by Nightydreams »

katsunai wrote:*Finally decides to stop lurking and post something for a change*

Hello, I'm Katsunai. I recently got interested in Ren'Py and want to try making my own VN after playing a bunch of awesome ones :P

The programming part seems a little intimidating but after reading more tutorials, I'm pretty sure I can get the hang of it.

Now the only problem is thinking up a story that hasn't been done yet...

Anyways, it's great to see such a nice community here :D
Hello there Katsunai! Nice to see you trying to get involved.

Heh the trick to thinking up a story is not to make it completely original but instead to put a new spin on an old tale! Try it, you might like it :lol:
I believe that a man should not go back on his decisions,
But here I am deciding to break that one rule of manliness.
Because I would rather be thought less of as a man,
Then be lost as a person.

-Alexander. Infinity Ocean
Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.
- Terro, The Saddest Music In The World

wingzofdarkness
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNoReNo16 demo), Straight Up: Sister-zoned!

#1798 Post by wingzofdarkness »

Raindrops wrote:I live in England and I'm Chinese! Woop to all other BBCs out here!
I'm not a BBC, rather a CBC xD But, woot! Go Chinese! =] Do you have a British accent by any chance? I love hearing it.

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

#1799 Post by kaleidofish »

Hey there, I go by kaleidofish. I've been greatly inspired by all of the people of this forum, and the visual novel medium as a whole. It just combines so many things that I love! Writing is my passion, and I feel like visual novels are a great way for me to get my writing out there. Hope to see you all around.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#1800 Post by KomiTsuku »

Tetiel wrote:
ShadowBerry wrote: Holaaaa~ xD
You're longer here than I am o_o
Ehm..better late then never? xD
Welcome xDD
Thank you xD I think I only joined to stalk my employer/commissioner anyways ^^;
And that explains the feeling I'm being watched! XD