Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
CassieHolloway
Regular

Re: Guestbook

#1816 Post by CassieHolloway »

Hello everyone. I'm new here and TOTALLY new to this whole vn thing >> Renpy kinda intimidates me a little.

My real name is Sam but I sometimes go for Cassandra (Cassie) when I'm online.
I live in Michigan.
My favorite color is purple
I'm 23 years old.
LOVE video games and most anime that I find. Favorite series of games are Shin Megami Tensei!

Oh yeah... P3P rocks.

Ahem! I'm a girl and eventually plan on making regular games. Not saying vn's are BAD but I want to make mainstream or commerical game one day.

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#1817 Post by silenteve »

CassieHolloway wrote:Hello everyone. I'm new here and TOTALLY new to this whole vn thing >> Renpy kinda intimidates me a little.

I live in Michigan.
I'm 23 years old.
LOVE video games and most anime that I find. Favorite series of games are Shin Megami Tensei!

Oh yeah... P3P rocks.

Ahem! I'm a girl and eventually plan on making regular games. Not saying vn's are BAD but I want to make mainstream or commerical game one day.
Don't worry about Renpy, I just started using it and it's really very easy to program! Even if you get lost, there are a lot of nice people here to help you out :)

Good luck on your games! I'd really like to play something of your's someday!
Welcome, by the way! You'll love it here!
My DeviantArt / Le Tumblr Development Blog
Current Projects:Forgotten and Remembered & Scarecrow
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#1818 Post by ShadowBerry »

CassieHolloway wrote:Hello everyone. I'm new here and TOTALLY new to this whole vn thing >> Renpy kinda intimidates me a little.

I live in Michigan.
I'm 23 years old.

Oh yeah... P3P rocks.

Hello and welcome.

True you can't really compare Ren'Py with those regular video games like for DS, PSP etc. but VNs are really refreshing ;)
Own project:

Raindrops
Regular
Projects: My Secret Spring (Co-writer & Proofreader), [Secret]

#1819 Post by Raindrops »

Lots of spambots recently...

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#1820 Post by ShadowBerry »

yep.
You really can't see REAL entries anymoer >_>
Own project:

Ninaiso
Tumblr: ninaiso
Deviantart: ninaiso

#1821 Post by Ninaiso »

Gosh I'm late to all this... *ahem*
Name: Ninaiso
website: Well, I have a lot of social networking sites I'm on, but I my deviantART is what I'm on piratically everyday. http://ninaiso.deviantart.com/
I just found out about Ren'py and got into Visual Novels (mostly Otome games haha I'm such a hopeless romantic) and I love to draw so I'm hoping to create all sorts of VNs.
I love all kinds of mangas, animes, and games as well as cartoons. ^^

CassieHolloway
Regular

#1822 Post by CassieHolloway »

Ninaiso wrote:Gosh I'm late to all this... *ahem*
Name: Ninaiso
website: Well, I have a lot of social networking sites I'm on, but I my deviantART is what I'm on piratically everyday. http://ninaiso.deviantart.com/
I just found out about Ren'py and got into Visual Novels (mostly Otome games haha I'm such a hopeless romantic) and I love to draw so I'm hoping to create all sorts of VNs.
I love all kinds of mangas, animes, and games as well as cartoons. ^^
Hello Ninaiso! I'm new as well so I hope we can get along and maybe work on a project together oneday. My deviant (which has a bunch of crap on it) is http://BloodthirstyPoppet.deviantart.com

I just learned about VN's by searching for games like p3p. Odd I know but that is how I truly founf otome games. Well actually Rhapsody a musical adventure on the original playstation was my first but I was WAY to young/immature to realize it at the time.

Anyway! Best of luck to the both of us.

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#1823 Post by Fawn »

Hey everyone, welcome to the forum!

I apologize for all the spambots we've had in this thread lately. It helps immensely when you report them, I'd like to thank you all for keeping a look out. :) If you see any suspicious posts please press the red "!" button at the bottom of the post. Thanks again, you're all a big help.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#1824 Post by DaFool »

CassieHolloway wrote: Ahem! I'm a girl and eventually plan on making regular games. Not saying vn's are BAD but I want to make mainstream or commerical game one day.
There are three entry points to making "regular games":

Ren'Py, RPGMaker, and GameMaker. Master one of them and you should be able to make full-blown RPGs (even if just turn-based and in 2D). Those are "regular games" already.

It's not the tool. It's what you do with it.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#1825 Post by Taleweaver »

CassieHolloway wrote:Ahem! I'm a girl and eventually plan on making regular games. Not saying vn's are BAD but I want to make mainstream or commerical game one day.
Sheesh. Ace Attorney and 999 were both commercially successful, and many "mainstream games" nowadays go for a strong storytelling aspect (Heavy Rain et.al), so why not make a commercially successful, mainstream VN?
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

LeandroP
Regular

#1826 Post by LeandroP »

Taleweaver wrote:
CassieHolloway wrote:Ahem! I'm a girl and eventually plan on making regular games. Not saying vn's are BAD but I want to make mainstream or commerical game one day.
Sheesh. Ace Attorney and 999 were both commercially successful, and many "mainstream games" nowadays go for a strong storytelling aspect (Heavy Rain et.al), so why not make a commercially successful, mainstream VN?
Depends on what she wants to do... If she wants to do a shooting game, maybe RenPy is not the answer :mrgreen:
The least important things, sometimes, my dear boy, lead to the greatest discoveries.
Would write your VN for character's sprites.

CassieHolloway
Regular

#1827 Post by CassieHolloway »

Sorry for the delayed post. I would love to do a rpg or simulation (dating or stat building or something) so maybe Ren'Py could help me on this. Thank you for the advice.
My little blog for reviews and development involving indie (or otherwise unknown) VN and Games in general: http://cassieholloway.wordpress.com/

misamane
Regular

#1828 Post by misamane »

Hello~~
I've been lurking this forum for ages but only just got around to making an account!
I'm not too fond of my name written down so you can just call me Misa I guess! Misa Amane is one of my favourite anime characters so yeah :3
I spend most of my time messing around on photoshop, playing PS3, watching anime, reading manga, programming, trying to learn new things, and obviously, playing visual novels!
I only really started using RenPy a few weeks ago but I'm getting the hang of it and it's quite fun~
I also have very basic skills in C!
I live in England and I'm 17, 18 in 2 weeks!~
My favourite colour is blue and I'm a part time student :3

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#1829 Post by ShadowBerry »

misamane wrote:Hello~~
I've been lurking this forum for ages but only just got around to making an account!
I'm not too fond of my name written down so you can just call me Misa I guess! Misa Amane is one of my favourite anime characters so yeah :3
I spend most of my time messing around on photoshop, playing PS3, watching anime, reading manga, programming, trying to learn new things, and obviously, playing visual novels!
I only really started using RenPy a few weeks ago but I'm getting the hang of it and it's quite fun~
I also have very basic skills in C!
I live in England and I'm 17, 18 in 2 weeks!~
My favourite colour is blue and I'm a part time student :3

Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay here~
Ps3? So you tried out FF XIII-2 already? :3

Part time student? What are you doing the other half? xD
Own project:

Silverchrome

#1830 Post by Silverchrome »

Hmm a V/N and Anime video game network?

So I just walked in from playing several hours of Eden Eternal. I like Games alot and am really into the Japanese style. I like anything with a great storyline, decent graphics, and is low cost. Also of the video game genre I prefer Anime over any other category hands-down. If I knew how to design and develop a game I would probably do so, but My drawing stinks. On the other hand my writing skills may be of use.
I have beta tested games on AdventureQuest, and also with Aeria Games, and would like to beta test and promote new artistry, and new ideas into the games market.

So more about me...
My name is ... My most common alias is Silverchrome, however I have gone by many others, including email adresses, a variation of characters from my favorite anime series or game series, or names that I have made up. If you call me silver that will work.
I am 20
I live about 15-20 minutes from oceanside Harbor in California and have been here pretty much my whole life.
I am a comm college student.
I think that I'm a cute dude <3
I do have an email, and a facebook account.
I have a blog, however, it is unrelated to games.

@ Miko: mushrooms are funny looking >< they make you think SHROOM. I'm not quite sure if I like them yet...
I dunno why but we always called those evil gumbas in mario the "Diaper-Faced Mushies". You would do best to call them that from now on. HEHEHE

@ Lily: I'm wearing red/plad boxers I got at walmart. I know, I'm a sellout.

@ Krista: The world was better off without signing autographs. you know I think it just gives people the excuse to be egotistical know--it-alls. Here you can have a picture of me to put on your wall. it looks like :P