Lemma Soft Forums Reception Desk

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Lemma Soft Forums Reception Desk

#31 Post by Zelan »

You highlight the white part and the text will become visible. (You're right, it is spoilers, which is why you'll want to read carefully.)

Avantharis
Regular
Tumblr: avantharis
Deviantart: Avantharis

#32 Post by Avantharis »

quick question, how do I resize a image for a post? I am aware of 800 wide limitation, so I imagine I could resize it, using the width="xx" height="xx" ( along with variants I could remember) inside the [img] (so would be something like [img width=600 height=400], but nothing works.
My Pixiv Profile: https://pixiv.me/avantharis

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#33 Post by Zelan »

I could be wrong, but I don't think there's code for that on this forum. You'd have to resize it manually with a downloaded tool/online source. I could be wrong, though, so don't take my word for it.

RetroLiving

#34 Post by RetroLiving »

I'm new here long time otaku for sure need lots of help making the best gal game over 100 hours of gameplay,5 hot girls to date and make love to(the works)to increase replay value

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#35 Post by Donmai »

Avantharis wrote:quick question, how do I resize an image for a post?
Simply load the image as an attachment. It will appear as a clickable thumbnail in your post, linked to the full-size image.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

worldismyne
Projects: McCarthy Academy
Organization: Sonora Productions
Tumblr: worldismyne

#36 Post by worldismyne »

Hello! I'm just getting started coding a demo for a visual novel and I need a little help finding the right types of code and how to code for the game mechanics I'd like to have. I would appreciate any insight on where to find tutorials or forums on coding visual novels.

I am currently using Ren'py with the DSE add-on, and am trying to code for the following mechanics:

A turn-based battle system.
A stat menu that can be pulled up and put away.
A day counter.
Character info menus that progress with the game.

Thank you so much for helping me! Any direction would be helpful at this point.

ghostdev

#37 Post by ghostdev »

I just now created this account because I some questions- one about Ren'Py itself and the rest mostly regarding coding certain things with the new gui etc. (very new to python and Ren'Py)...

I'm assuming my questions about coding and things regarding making my game would be posted in the "Ren'Py Questions and Announcements" board, but I'm not sure about my main question so I'll just ask this here:

I opened Ren'Py today to work on a game that I had started yesterday (not anything in the script etc. just yet, I just created the file for it), and when I opened Ren'Py (not the game but Ren'Py itself) it looked... fuzzy? The text and everything is kind of blurred and whenever I mouse over something to click it it highlights the thing above it...

I can't think of a better way to phrase this, but if I'm not being clear I can attempt to elaborate more... can anyone help with this issue? I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this.

ghostdev

#38 Post by ghostdev »

...................I made it worse

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers

#39 Post by Donmai »

Sorry for the late answer. Well, not exactly the answer you were waiting for, but I believe your question should go here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7858
Be sure to give some important details like your Ren'Py version, your operating system, the location of your Ren'Py folder, etc.

mitoky
Veteran
Projects: The Purring Demon's Love, circus eterie

#40 Post by mitoky »

Hello!
I am fairy new to coding. I trying to learn and understand the instant cg and bg gallery code from the cookbook. In the code there is this line:

Code: Select all

gallery_cg_items = ["cg1", "cg2", "cg3", "cg4", "cg5", "cg6", "cg7", "cg8", "cg9", "cg10"]
While i think that i kind of do understand what it is and how it works, i would like to read up on it on the renpy docs or in a post to understand. However, i dont know what it is called or to find under aside from "list" so if anyone could point me towards the right direction i would appreticiate it much.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran

#41 Post by Donmai »

That's the python side of Ren'Py: https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/language ... ion-syntax
You will find some discussions about python lists in the Ren'Py section of the forum if you do some searching. For example: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5481

SEZSEZ

#42 Post by SEZSEZ »

Howdy!

This is pretty embarrassing. I created an account here a while ago, but I forgot my username! DX

I know creating an account to inquire about this goes against Rule 6, but I'm not quite sure what to do about it. Sorry!

I'd like to recover this account if possible, but I only have access to my email accounts. I know in the past I had accidentally violated another provision of Rule 6 (Creating an account for an organization) so If I'm permabanned for that I understand (But if memory serves I was just asked to stop using that account).

I want to make sure I'm complying with the rules fully before I post elsewhere. Edit: Aside from the guestbook, which I just kind of signed without thinking.

Sorry for any trouble!

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran

#43 Post by Donmai »

You can contact an administrator if you have any doubt: memberlist.php?mode=contactadmin

SEZSEZ

#44 Post by SEZSEZ »

Thank you for your help! :)

chocochino
Projects: An Edelweiss' Resolve
Tumblr: choc-chino
Github: chocochino
Soundcloud: chocochino
itch: chocochino

#45 Post by chocochino »

Hello! I've just created my account in response to my ... circumstances.

One of my lecturer assigned Ren'py-based VN as our end-of-term project (again). While in the last term I managed to learn basic of Ren'py (and thanks a lot to you, guys), the result was really rushed and unsatisfying. This time, I aim to submit a VN that is, at least, worthy enough to be a demo for crowdfunding (my GPA depends on this!)

Problem is, all I can do was programming and writing. I have no artists at all, and being a college student, I also don't have enough budget to hire artists. I also really had no idea about VN development and I really like to get some insight about how things works.

What should I do, especially regarding to my lack of artist?