Always Remember Me (VN/Life sim, commercial)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Melkoshi
Regular
Projects: Jewels of Sytinane

Re: Always Remember Me (VN/Life sim, commercial)

#46 Post by Melkoshi »

I must admit. I only glanced at this game. the art is pretty but nothign drew me into it.

Untill the amazing Vee posted her singing the song. I had to take a double take when the song was "remember me" I was like "no WAY".

I'll deffinalty check out the demo.

I'm not to sure i can ask. but how hard was it to get Vee to sing the intro?? she seems like sucha busy woman!
--- My DeviantArt.
Game in Progress for demo-teaser:
story(script) = 45%
sprites = 100%
programming(interface) = 35%
CGs = 0%
Backgrounds = 5%
Music/sound = 0%

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#47 Post by jack_norton »

Well if you're not in otome/life sim I guess you couldn't be interested, also not sure if you're a male or female (this game is clearly targeted to girls). But even if you're a boy, I had quite some male customers because they enjoyed the life simulation part and the stat-raising one!

And yes Cristina is very busy, but thanks to this collaboration with me and Matt (the composer) she had her first song ever on sale on the itunes/Amazon store, and her name is on all major news sites (gamasutra, IGN, many mac sites). Yay! Popularity stats + 10 !

I mean, I believe was well worth it for both sides. And I never brag in public because I don't like it, but I'm not so small as some people think :) indeed have been contacted already by many other VA/singers after they saw Cristina's video. Though to be honest her voice is something very unique!
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#48 Post by Cain0425 »

yes i like her song and voice i would mind if there if you got her in one of game you make next time and by the way i am girl and i still think she got a really good voice

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#49 Post by jack_norton »

Yes I actually had her "booked" for two songs, but because I have lots of delays with artists, I am not sure yet which game will be finishing next (and Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook is going to be finished too soon to make a song for it ^_^).
computer games

Rain

#50 Post by Rain »

Aaah, Cristina Vee did awesome in the opening song. It's nice you were able to work with her. (I stalk her on youtube all the time. xDD) I'm going to try the karaoke challenge out~ o3o

Katrina_K

#51 Post by Katrina_K »

*reads above posts*
You're right, I wasn't registered with lemmasoft at the time of submitting my entry. hehe, I fixed that. :}

Is it bad that this game's concept almost made me cry?
lol T__T I'm such a wimp. OTL
So, props to you! It especially was impacting because one of my greatest fears is losing my fondest memories.
The writing style, the artwork, and the song- all fantastic. <33

I love the idea of having a chibi Amy as she's doing her activities- it sorta reminds me of the game Cute Knight.

I would buy it now, but I'm gonna try my hand at the contest.
I'm working on improving my vocal skills, so don't be surprised if I update my entry with a better one.
"..say what you want, but I will be taking the cake."

Muse
Regular

#52 Post by Muse »

This game is quite cute, although very bittersweet. It's not my normal cup of tea but it makes a nice VN to play when not in the mood for something more cheery, and it has many heartwarming moments in it. I have to admit it's hard for me to go for the other guys just because the guilt over Aaron gets to me. XD

The stats aspect is done very well! The little chibis are quite cute.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#53 Post by jack_norton »

Thanks :) the bittersweet setting was really something I wanted to use, to differentiate it from all the other "super cheery" otome games I see around. That doesn't mean I won't make something more happy in future though :D
computer games

Muse
Regular

#54 Post by Muse »

Oh! I forgot to ask; will there/is there a guide for this game? What you need for each guy is fairly straightforward for their special ending, but there seem to be a good number of little secrets, so I thought I would ask! :D

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#55 Post by jack_norton »

I posted a full scene list in my forums:http://www.winterwolves.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1638
with that, you should be able to figure out which scenes you haven't seen yet and so it's a sort of walk through. In the same forums if you look at various posts I gave away some tips to raise specific stats. Though at "normal" mode I think the game is fairly easy!
computer games

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#56 Post by Cain0425 »

i want to know jack are you ever going to make a game where you can play as a girl or a guy but not a RPG but more like the game do you remember me i think it be fun if you made a game like that

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#57 Post by jack_norton »

Yes, though I'm not sure how many males would be interested in playing a dating sim like that one... unless I put some more "spicy stuff" in it :D
computer games

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#58 Post by Cain0425 »

what do you mean by spicy stuff lol

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#59 Post by jack_norton »

Haha well you know how males are ;)
BTW if anyone downloaded the game last night (about 8h before this post) I misconfigured the installation program so the game won't run, but I've fixed it now. Never try to update something just before going to sleep! :(
computer games

Muse
Regular

#60 Post by Muse »

jack_norton wrote:Haha well you know how males are ;)
BTW if anyone downloaded the game last night (about 8h before this post) I misconfigured the installation program so the game won't run, but I've fixed it now. Never try to update something just before going to sleep! :(
Actually, something I have been meaning to ask you about is the updates. If we buy the game before an update, how do we get our version updated? Does it automatically check for an update when you launch it or is there a process/redownload we need to go though? Thanks!