Always Remember Me (VN/Life sim, commercial)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mklinsao

Re: Always Remember Me (VN/Life sim, commercial)

#196 Post by mklinsao »

Hijiri wrote:
applegirl wrote:I happen to really like the writing in Winter Wolves visual novels. Even the earlier ones where I could tell the writer was not a native English speaker. It had nothing to do with my expectations being lower due to the genre, but because the story line was very compelling. Best example would be Bionic Heart, one of the best OLEVN science fiction visual novels I've ever read. If you look at recent Winter Wolves visual novels (Winter in Fairmount, Loren RPG), the writing is a huge strength and greatly improved. Funny, romantic, interesting...I find it very professionally done. Which is why I always wait eagerly for the next Winter Wolves visual novel and know my money is going to be well spent.
I'm sorry what part of it was compelling? There is absolutely no character development, one of the key strengths of these kinds of games, and the fact that it feels like events are just going on without you really affecting them (The weak writing was also jakie admitted here as well). And the newer ones aren't as professional as you say, but I'll save my ire of those for another day. Though I just have to ask: Did you enjoy Twilight as well?

Just know that not everyone praises these games as much as you do, and a lot of people particulary dislike them. I've just been the only one to vocalise some of those feelings.
Agree. Always Remember Me wasn't much fun for me because there wasn't much character development.
I expected plot twists of some sort, particularly with Aaron. I mean, fuck, Amy sacrifices her whole summer to visit you in the hospital every single day, and you have nothing to say to her?
I think my least favorite part was that 'conversation' was so superficial. In most otome games, when you talk to a guy, you really talk to him; in ARM, you're told something along the lines of, "He and I had a [insert adjective] conversation." I really wish they hadn't skipped out on dialogue.

I'll forgive WinterWolves because Winter in Fairbrook was decent.

pllamah

#197 Post by pllamah »

Hi, if i buy the game on my android phone, can i play it on my computer too? On the website it says buy it once and play on any OS, so i'm just wondering.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#198 Post by jack_norton »

No the Android version can't be played on desktop computers. The text on website refers to the Win/Mac/Linux platforms.
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

NeoAngelique
Regular

#199 Post by NeoAngelique »

Whew! Finally got all the endings. (It took a lot of time though^_^)Well done on the game! I had really enjoyed the concept and Amy is quite cute.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#200 Post by jack_norton »

Thank you :)
computer games

OmegasOblivion

#201 Post by OmegasOblivion »

Well...this was actually, one of the first otomes I ever played and I must tell you that it's awesome!!! I just loved the character of Lawrence... HE'S SO CUTE and cool. I also loved the part of Amy, idk i just think she has a lot of style and amazing expressions (maybe it's the fact that she works on an ice cream parlor and that she wants to be a writer just like me lol xD).

The only part I could say that I didn't LOVE is that Hugh didn't have that much "romantic moments", but I guess it's because of his personality.

I must say, Winter Wolves, you made a terrific job on this game and you have to be proud of it. It's an excellent way to enter to this big world of otome games. I loved it.
Greetings,
Snow.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#202 Post by jack_norton »

I've uploaded a test version of Always Remember Me with the new soundtrack and built with the latest version of Ren'Py here:
http://www.macgames.biz/games/ARM-1.3.2-all.zip (zip containing all OSes)

if you can check it and tell me if you find any problems you're welcome. I tried a bit and everything seems fine to me. I have also added a bonus content version to the game with wallpapers, chibi and OST that you can buy here: http://www.winterwolves.com/buy.php?prod=17030066

If you already have the game and want the bonus content only, email/PM me and will send you a discount coupon to pay only the $5 difference :)
computer games