The Princess of Fire

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#16 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

Ladyhawke is a somewhat mythical story about
a pair of lovers who have been cursed so that when the sun rises, the lady turns into a hawk. And when the sun sets, the woman regains her human body, just as the man transforms into a wolf. And so they travel together, every twilight on the verge of being able to see each other again, but having that dream inevitably stolen from them within an infinitesimal amount of time.
It was a pretty good movie, though a bit old. You should check it out.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#17 Post by mikey »

ShiraiJunichi wrote: It was a pretty good movie, though a bit old. You should check it out.
I like that movie as well. Really a classic.

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#18 Post by kara24601 »

I love Lady Hawke (sp.?) too.

Anyway , the game itself...hmmm..."night as punishment" - loses points for that...graphics...pretty good...plot...mixed feelings...panty shot moment...bonus...I love stuff like that...cracks me up....the princess wearing fuku and not something that would've fit better with the story...loss of points....making her wear pink / a princess....loss of points....overall mixed feelings.

Sorry , I dislike "princess in pink" stuff.

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

Re: The Princess of Fire

#19 Post by Vatina »

Revival!

I just read this and thought I owed to tell my opinion about it, even if most of the things I thought has already been mentioned. And maybe you're tired of hearing about an old game? :P

Anyway - this was a cute fairytale story. The way that Phaedra's body jumps from the bottom of the screen with some of her expressions put me off at first, since it looks like she's been cut in two <_< But you get used to it.
Also, I felt that especially when the fight against Shin has started, and Lextor starts to transform, things get a bit too rushed in that fight. At this point in time it gets harder to feel involved like you could in the rest of the story. In general I really like the writing though :)
It was a short, sweet story. I liked Phaedra. Now on to Dream Chasers! (Man, I'm so far behind)

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

Re: The Princess of Fire

#20 Post by lordcloudx »

Vatina wrote: I just read this and thought I owed to tell my opinion about it, even if most of the things I thought has already been mentioned. And maybe you're tired of hearing about an old game? :P
Not in the least. I'm quite the narcissist, y'see. I always enjoy hearing people's opinions about my games :D
Vatina wrote:Anyway - this was a cute fairytale story. The way that Phaedra's body jumps from the bottom of the screen with some of her expressions put me off at first, since it looks like she's been cut in two <_< But you get used to it.
I also sucked muchly at drawing, but I'm glad you liked the story, anyway :D
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)