Faery Tale ~ A Romantic Fantasy Visual Novel

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Arsenic_Love

Re: Faery Tale ~ A Romantic Fantasy Visual Novel

#46 Post by Arsenic_Love »

I thought it was very good! :) The graphics are very pretty and the music fits beautifully.

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi

#47 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Celestine wrote:I want to write a review. But I can't get to the last two endings.
How do you get the last 2 endings of this game? And not the specific routes endings of nixie bride, wolfe bride, tea shop, oberon bride, magistar dancing girl and prince's mistress. But the very last two you mentioned there being.
No matter what I do I can't get to the last two.
Don't worry about it. You got all the main ones. The last two endings are merely what happens if you let Wolfe in the house.
maryeliezka wrote:whew.. i like the artwork :D
Thank you so much!
Wright1000 wrote:An error with this game. If you click on "Credits" and then play the game, an error message appears.
Damn... I can't find it. It doesn't do that on my copy. Any guesses on what might be causing it? (Or how to fix it?)
Armyfyr wrote:I'm only on my second path, but I'll just add that I absolutely love this already.
Thank you so much! I'm glad.
Armyfyr wrote:The artwork is simply stunning (only thing I rather disliked was the fact that the Sorcerer looks too androgynous, at least in my opinion) and I adore the music.
I'm thrilled you liked the music. Sorry about the sorcerer, but he was the best stock figure I could find for the part. Seriously.
Armyfyr wrote:It's a very interesting idea...
Thank you! It was one of those ideas that hit me over the head and just wouldn't let go.
Armyfyr wrote:...although I was skeptical when I saw the file size, I regret nothing. Thank you for making this beautiful game, I'm looking forward to finding all the endings.
My pleasure. I enjoyed making it. I'd be very interested in your opinion once you finish it!
Arsenic_Love wrote:I thought it was very good! :) The graphics are very pretty and the music fits beautifully.
Thank you so much! I was really pleased when I found the music. I couldn't believe it was free to use.
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#48 Post by Wright1000 »

Here is the error I was talking about:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
JumpOutException: start

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 274, in bootstrap
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\main.py", line 346, in main
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\main.py", line 93, in run
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\execution.py", line 261, in run
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\ast.py", line 630, in execute
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\python.py", line 960, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "renpy-6.12.0-mainline/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 17, in <module>
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\ui.py", line 236, in interact
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\display\core.py", line 1641, in interact
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\display\core.py", line 2215, in interact_core
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\display\layout.py", line 696, in event
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\display\screen.py", line 297, in event
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\display\layout.py", line 174, in event
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 623, in event
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 204, in run
  File "common/00screen.rpy", line 306, in __call__
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\exports.py", line 976, in jump_out_of_context

Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP2
Ren'Py 6.12.1.1501
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#49 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Wright1000 wrote:Here is the error I was talking about:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 274, in bootstrap
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\main.py", line 346, in main
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\main.py", line 93, in run
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\execution.py", line 261, in run
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\ast.py", line 630, in execute
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\python.py", line 960, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "renpy-6.12.0-mainline/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 17, in <module>
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\ui.py", line 236, in interact
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\display\core.py", line 1641, in interact
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\display\core.py", line 2215, in interact_core
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\display\screen.py", line 297, in event
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\display\layout.py", line 174, in event
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 623, in event
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 204, in run
  File "common/00screen.rpy", line 306, in __call__
  File "C:\Program Files\Faery Tale\renpy\exports.py", line 976, in jump_out_of_context

Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP2
Ren'Py 6.12.1.1501
I have no clue how to read this.
-- Sadly I don't know diddly-squat about coding. I just copy-paste what I can get and fiddle with it until it works. If you Do find someone that knows what this is saying, and what's wrong, please let me know! I'd be happy to fix it.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#50 Post by PyTom »

That's the sort of error you get if the game was not unpacked properly, or the .rpy/.rpyc files do not exist.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Celestine
Veteran

#51 Post by Celestine »

Ok finally played the Wolfe ending again, but the endings was the same as letting in house later. So I have to say it's more like 7 different endings instead of 8.
Here's what I thought. I think you made a good realistic version of an adult fairy tale.

But I was a bit disturbed with Wolfe's character. He just came off in a wrong aggressive way in my opinion. He just creeped me out. Not like Alistair's did. But in a really bad way. You just did too well with his speech in writing and the his music theme put together. That it made me always want to run away from Wolfe. No offense.
I love how you made Alistair as a creepy charming magician. It was to die for in a fairy tale setting. :lol:
My favorite scene was when Iseult went to the ball and was told to pick between the Prince and Oberon I just loved the different scenarios from it. Especially :lol: the part where she runs off and the two guys give each other awkward stares. That was classic.
My favorite guy is Oberon. I think she seemed happier with him anyway. But he reminded me of a spoiled brat. Which gave it an interesting twist to it. Nice touch with the Ludwig reference.
Your scenes were really put well together. If you drew them I'd say you got some talent there. I loved the bench and the ballroom they were beautiful. The music was divine in a fairy tale setting. The Nixie scene music was rather relaxing.

My only negative aspect that I felt was there were too many run-ins with Wolfe but I guess that was the point since you named them Iseult and Tristan. :wink:

It was fascinating journey to be on.
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

Jami chan

#52 Post by Jami chan »

Wow! your story was extremely good and unique it's a refreshing break from all the bland predicable light hearted otome/VN games I've been playing. I just wish it wasn't so short. The wolf man was creepy and that magician was terrifying... I only wish there was path were I could have chosen to be completely alone. My favorite paths were Triton and Oberon. Being with Triton seems really natural, and not forced. ((Spoiler?)) Being with Oberon was like choosing no restrictions on time, or reality complete freedom (and I have a question Triton said something strange. like when Iseult was wet or having a wet dream it was him...ehhh it was something like that was he stalking her before they met? was he like secretly getting her off, or did I just miss understand)

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#53 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Celestine wrote:Ok finally played the Wolfe ending again, but the endings was the same as letting in house later. So I have to say it's more like 7 different endings instead of 8.
Are you saying you that did, or did not get the Tea Shop ending?
Celestine wrote:Here's what I thought. I think you made a good realistic version of an adult fairy tale.
Thank you!
Celestine wrote:
...I was a bit disturbed with Wolfe's character. He just came off in a wrong aggressive way in my opinion. He just creeped me out. Not like Alistair's did. But in a really bad way. You just did too well with his speech in writing and the his music theme put together. That it made me always want to run away from Wolfe. No offense.
No offense taken because you were supposed to be creeped out. You were Supposed to run away from him. If you didn't, the game ended.
Celestine wrote:
I love how you made Alistair as a creepy charming magician. It was to die for in a fairy tale setting. :lol:
I did him a little too well I think. All of my test players fell for his trap, even when they passed on all the others. ALL of them -- without fail!
Want to know the truly scary part? His personality is pure Psychopath. Seriously. I used the 20 Traits as a model for his personality. And everyone LIKED him for it!!!
Celestine wrote:
My favorite scene was when Iseult went to the ball and was told to pick between the Prince and Oberon I just loved the different scenarios from it. Especially :lol: the part where she runs off and the two guys give each other awkward stares. That was classic.
Well, running off IS part of the Cinderella fairy tale, so that option definitely had to be there, but I'm glad you liked my take on the results.
Celestine wrote:
My favorite guy is Oberon. I think she seemed happier with him anyway. But he reminded me of a spoiled brat. Which gave it an interesting twist to it. Nice touch with the Ludwig reference.
Good, because he IS a spoiled brat. LOL! A bored spoiled brat. I'm glad you liked my Ludwig reference. The king of Bavaria really was gay, and he really did build Neuschwanstin because he was in love with an actor who, sadly, did not return his affections.
Celestine wrote:Your scenes were really put well together. If you drew them I'd say you got some talent there. I loved the bench and the ballroom they were beautiful.
Um, no drawing at all. The entire game was ALL Photoshop and photo-manipulations.
Celestine wrote:The music was divine in a fairy tale setting. The Nixie scene music was rather relaxing.
Thank you! Finding that musician's work available for free was a God-send!
Celestine wrote:
My only negative aspect that I felt was there were too many run-ins with Wolfe but I guess that was the point since you named them Iseult and Tristan. :wink:
Exactly. :)
Celestine wrote:It was fascinating journey to be on.
I'm glad you enjoyed it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jami chan wrote:Wow! your story was extremely good and unique it's a refreshing break from all the bland predicable light hearted otome/VN games I've been playing.
I am many things, light-hearted is Not one of them. :) I'm glad you liked my game!
Jami chan wrote:I just wish it wasn't so short.
ROFLMAO! I get that a lot. :)
-- Unfortunately, the game is MUCH bigger on the inside. With only one person doing everything; coding and graphics, (and at the level of ignorance I was at, at the time, of what Renpy can really do) that game was almost too much for me. Seriously, I over-extended myself in a big way. I have learned soooo much more since then.
Jami chan wrote:The wolf man was creepy and that magician was terrifying...
GOOD! They were supposed to be.
Jami chan wrote:I only wish there was path were I could have chosen to be completely alone.
That ending did occur to me, but by then I was dead tired from all the writing. Too tired to tack on one more ending.
Jami chan wrote:My favorite paths were Triton and Oberon. Being with Triton seems really natural, and not forced.
Triton is a literal example of "going with the flow." :)
Jami chan wrote:Being with Oberon was like choosing no restrictions on time, or reality complete freedom...
That's exactly what Oberon represented: Complete freedom from responsibility, at the cost of being utterly and completely subject to someone else's whims.
Jami chan wrote:...I have a question Triton said something strange. like when Iseult was wet or having a wet dream it was him...ehhh it was something like that was he stalking her before they met? was he like secretly getting her off, or did I just miss understand)
You didn't misunderstand anything. That's exactly what I was implying. :)

Anarchy
Veteran
Projects: Fairy Tales of Innocent Children

#54 Post by Anarchy »

Someone did a Let's Play of it here! http://brokenforum.com/index.php?thread ... ales.2475/

You should check it out! :D

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#55 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Anarchy wrote:Someone did a Let's Play of it here! http://brokenforum.com/index.php?thread ... ales.2475/
You should check it out! :D
OMG! I didn't think anyone would be that interested in it!

[After reading] OMG, they actually like it! Wow...
-- I hate to say this, but the prince's head is actually Correct. It really does look too big for his body in real life. Oh, and that's his real hair -- the top part anyway. Scary, ne?

Connie
Regular

#56 Post by Connie »

I'm going to try it! Downloading it now!
I love food.