Host Love

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mokenju1
Regular

#31 Post by mokenju1 »

Wow, I forgot to credit the music that was from incompetech.com :oops: .

I'll add the credits to the last version of the game.

Recca Phoenix
Veteran

#32 Post by Recca Phoenix »

Ah, I love that site! ^_^

Ignosco
Veteran

#33 Post by Ignosco »

There’s one other bug I’ve noticed, but it’s nothing serious.

After the first choice when you decide to stay in your room, and Kei comes up, he is called Rui at one point at the conversation – he’s also called Rui again once when you meet him at the pool straight after the conversation in the room.

I really enjoyed playing this, a few things I particularly liked were the ending comments exchanged between Moe and Cara ‘I need all the help I can get’ :), how the eating and running contests against Kei were described, the karaoke scene, and the scene in the garden with Rui.

Although the character art wasn’t very well drawn, the facial expressions were clear, and having the headshots displayed horizontally right above the textbox works very well for this kind of game. The backgrounds and music were excellent.

It felt like the game could have been a little bit longer (maybe another day at the resort or maybe the conversations could have been extended a bit) The endings where Cara and Rui or Kei fall in love with each other seem a bit abrupt, given that the conversations between them are all very short.

Overall though, even though I’m probably not the target audience for a GxB dating sim, I really enjoyed playing this, it’s very funny and there is good replay value. Congratulations on releasing your first game :D.

Ignosco

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#34 Post by mikey »

mokenju1 wrote:
mikey wrote:I'm very glad this project is being finalized. Congratulations! Do we have your permission to add it to the Ren'Ai Archiveswhen you post the final version?.

Of course you can :D . I'm glad that you want to add it although it has such awful grafics :oops: .

The most important thing is that it's complete in all paths and has reasonable grammar, plus it runs well from a technical point of view. It is a VN, it's a ren'ai game, it plays well and that's more or less it. And I think everyone here does what he/she can - some people use pre-made graphics, and some do their own, even though they are not perfect. And both groups should be treated equally, especially at the RAA. :P

mokenju1
Regular

#35 Post by mokenju1 »

You're being a really good beta tester Ignosco, thanks a lot!
I fixed that little problems :wink: . I'll upload the provisional last version later.

I'm glad you liked the game and have found it funny although it's a GxB game. The art is awful because I don't know how to draw properly, but I hope to learn how to draw well game by game (if I can't find any artist who wants to coperate with me,of course :x ). It's a short game and because of that the relationships can't develope properly (it's not like short games can't have good relationship's development, it's more like I don't have the talent to do this :oops: ). It's something that I will have in mind now that I'm writing another script. I want to make a game with the necessary lenght in order to explain the story well, without being too large or too short :? . So easy to explain and so difficult to achive :lol: .

Recca Phoenix
Veteran

#36 Post by Recca Phoenix »

I can't wait to play this game when I can get a Mac version.
there's a severe shortage of GxB games.

I hear where you're coming from about the drawing, Mokenju. I am still building skills with a mouse and I'm happy to say my speed has improved since I first started making my game.
Also, (maybe because I am a girl?) it is difficult for me to draw guys.
The beauty of this forum is that if someone decides they cannot or don't want to do the art, they can get help.
I wonder if guys have as much trouble drawing girls.....

mokenju1
Regular

#37 Post by mokenju1 »

Hi Recca :D ,

Are you sure your mac can't play it?. I ask you this because the first version I released of the game was compressed with the new winzip and people who didn't have the latest version of this program couldn't decompress the file. Have you proved the rar file?. I though macs could open that kind of archive ( this is the reason I didn't upload a NSIS version for windows.)

And I'm expecting your game, too :) .I've yet to download the demo you have released :oops: . *Runs to the topic to do it right now*

Edit: I can't find the topic :( . Umm... maybe I only dreamed that demo or it was a demo from other person... :roll: but I don't think so... I should have downloaded that demo when I saw it :x .

Edit2: I found it! :D .
Last edited by mokenju1 on Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Recca Phoenix
Veteran

#38 Post by Recca Phoenix »

I will try again.
The demo is probably not working now. But don't worry, the game is nearly done. That's why I am not releasing any more demos.

Recca Phoenix
Veteran

#39 Post by Recca Phoenix »

Very cute game.
Maybe the characters should've been drawn in color to go with the backgrounds, though, or vice versa.....
Also, I got a little confused about some of the settings at first, like the plane. I wasn't really sure at first *what* the picture was supposed to be n_n;;;;
Very cool idea! And 16 endings, wow!
The dialogue still needs a bit of work, but is pretty good and funny overall.
Nice music, too.
Considering the breadth of the game, I think the other things can stay as they are.
Are you going to work on this again, or start a new project?
I think a lot could still be done to improve this one, but also it could be put away as a "first project" and you could move on to bigger and better things....

mokenju1
Regular

#40 Post by mokenju1 »

No, I'm going to left it like it is. The script was written some time ago and I don't feel like changing it, and I doubt I can make better grafics right now :oops: . I'm only working in the new project now :roll: . Thanks for playing it and for your review :D . I'm working to make a better game this time.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#41 Post by DaFool »

Recca Phoenix wrote:I wonder if guys have as much trouble drawing girls.....
OT:

I have hard time drawing guys.

It's easier drawing girls.

I think its because drawing older people, ethnic people, and older males, introduces the 'wear and tear of life' that the anime style is known to remove during stylization.

Jake
Support Hero

#42 Post by Jake »

DaFool wrote:
Recca Phoenix wrote:I wonder if guys have as much trouble drawing girls.....
OT:

I have hard time drawing guys.

It's easier drawing girls.
On the other hand, I have a far easier time drawing guys, or rather non-masculine characters of either gender. I find it's easy to build up structure in a chunky, muscled/lined manner, but delicate feminine features take a lot more effort (and usually a lot more erasing and re-doing).

At least, that's my excuse for spending a large proportion of my art time drawing hot girls. It's necessary practice! ;-)

[EDIT: On-topic: Breasts are really hard to draw. Grr. :/]
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#43 Post by DaFool »

mokenju1: are you still tweaking the game, or is it now safely final?
everyone: Are there still people who cannot play the game?

mokenju1
Regular

#44 Post by mokenju1 »

I was waiting for more reported bugs and problems before releasing the latest version's distributions, but I suppose there are no more problems ( or they are difficult to find because people hadn't reported them.)

I'll upload the files later.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#45 Post by PyTom »

The directory structure of the latest (Feb 3) build is still wrong, as it mixes the launcher and the game itself. What you should do is the following:

1. Download the latest version of Ren'Py. (Wait a few days for 5.6.7 to come out.)

2. Go into the launcher for 5.6.7.

3. Create a new project. Call it "Host Love".

4. Open the game directory for that project. Delete everything in it.

5. Copy over the contents of the game directory for Host Love.

6. Try it out, it should work.

7. Use Tools >> Distribute to build the game.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom