S.Y.T.Y.W.T.M.A.V.N. - The Teacup VN Festival 2011 Day 2

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

Re: S.Y.T.Y.W.T.M.A.V.N. - The Teacup VN Festival 2011 Day 2

#16 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

There's another aspect: some spammer has started to put ads mimicking the DL button of the main DL sites, tricking people in clicking the ad instead of the DL link (no komment)

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

EDIT: just an example of the thing:
Attachments
example of DL button mimicking ad
example of DL button mimicking ad

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#17 Post by Crocosquirrel »

A 500k Epic seems silly unless you're Frank Herbert writing Dune. I just assembled a 2-hour VN of a mere 30k words, and that in and of itself seemed a tad high.

Watch, now that I've said that, I'll wind up writing a 60k piece next... lol
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#18 Post by lordcloudx »

I've written something around the 25-40k mark myself, though I certainly don't consider it any more "advanced" or "higher level" than my shorter works such as Wings II, Hikari's Ribbon, Crimson etc.

In any case, the 500k epic thing is just a little something I tacked onto the pseudo DVD cover art as a not-so-subtle poke at all you wordcount warriors out there. I just don't think that competent writing + high wordcount is that much of an achievement. At least it brings no mental rewards or satisfaction for me as a writer.

In terms of personal satisfaction, (which I like to put on a pedestal, btw, you'll have to live with that idea or facepalm over 9000 times if it irks you so much... you know who you are out there :)) one of my more recent works (which I need to post here one of these days), "One Week of Eternity," which is somewhere around 8-9k is the one that comes closest to making me feel, "you did an awesome job with this, myself."

btw guys, thought you might like to know. mikey actually wrote the second half of this game.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#19 Post by sake-bento »

I downloaded this when it first game out, but I just now got to play it. I have no idea what I said to spark this, but I'm glad I did. I smiled quite a few times. It's an amusing, if not cynical look at the general state of the community right now. I think Mr. X and I would get along beautifully.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#20 Post by lordcloudx »

@sake-bento: I started writing this after you tweeted this video.
Mr. X is basically mikey... I think.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#21 Post by sake-bento »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, I remember that! That makes this VN even funnier.

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#22 Post by Wright1000 »

I just watched the video.
It was as funny as the VN.
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#23 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

'I want to work in the vid-eo game industry'

I liked it. It was an interesting commentary, especially when it got around to criticising itself. I don't think anybody should be too hard on themselves for being human though. The dreamer and the jaded cynic are both different facets of human nature. No one is going to be perfect all the time. If we start going down the path of who we should be, we would all probably go insane and this forum wouldn't be nearly as interesting. Sometimes it takes all types, the dreamers to have passion and the cynic to rein them in and focus it.

NaiDriftlin
Regular

#24 Post by NaiDriftlin »

https://twitter.com/VNShuffle/status/10 ... 7612312577

Cherry dug this up out of VNDB and it looks like all of the mirrors to it are dead. Is anyone aware of anywhere this might be available now, if at all?
Honest Feedback Welcome! viewtopic.php?f=43&t=42105#p440676
Want feedback? Just ask!

Want instant feedback?
Join me on Discord Devtalk! https://discord.gg/K3w2khD