Love and War: C'est Lavie!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Admiral Styles

Love and War: C'est Lavie!

#1 Post by Admiral Styles »

Hello again everyone, Admiral Styles here. It's been a while and a half. :) I present to you my latest project: C'est Lavie!

http://www.antiochforever.com/law/downl ... tLavie.rar

(It's not exactly Ren'ai I think, nor is it a game per se, but I hope you'll let that slide. :) It does feature a piece of artwork by Dre, a prince amongst men!)

C'est Lavie is a fifteen minute, 19MB RM2K cutscene starring Lavie and Ryan, two of the main characters from Love and War, my flagship RPG series. Apparently, Lavie has decided to try and change the nature of her relationship with Ryan. Little does she know her imagination may be her own worst enemy...

The reason for the rather large file size is because of my experiment with... voice acting! Please tell me what you think, should you feel so inclined; feedback will help me decide whether I should implement limited voice acting in LAW itself, or continue making the occasional side project, and so on and so forth. Voting in the poll here, http://forums.cjb.net/loveandwar-about17.html would also help me collect data, and such. :)

Here's a screenshot of the (pretty much) one map used:

That should be that, then. I hope you enjoy!
Last edited by Admiral Styles on Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When men are pure, laws are useless;
When men are corrupt, laws are broken."
-Benjamin Disraeli

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#2 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

I have no background knowlege of the story, so take that into account.

The British accent didn't seem quite right at first- I guess it was just a bit unexpected, since I don't know the characters. Voice acting was quite nice, especially Lavie. Though, all the other versions of lavie didn't sound quite right. Particularly the devil and the angel(maybe because they were first). And the last "waaaaaah" right before the end was very... confusing. But other than that, it sounded really good- and very humorous. Good luck

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by monele »

Well that was refreshing ^^. Silly humor at times, but rather easy to get into (even without knowing the characters, which is quite nice).
As for voice acting, I'm rather positively surprised too. Except for the "waaah" as it's been said... that one really needs more heart to be put into it ^^;. And maybe the "er..." which felt a bit too much read. Everything else, while not always 100% natural, was still totally enjoyable (thousands time better than most anime dubs full of annoying heartless voices @_@).

Oh uh, yea, the devil felt a bit forced too... but kudos for making so many different kinds of voices ^^.

Talking only about the female voice... The guy's one was good too obviously ^^. Eheh *laughs thinking about the ending again*.

RedSlash
Veteran

#4 Post by RedSlash »

I've actually played your game Love and War so I'm familiar with the characters. I agree with everyone else's opinion about Lavie's voice. Nice job! Ryan's voice on the otherhand threw me off. His voice was nothing like I would've imagined it to be.... not saying that the voice was bad, but I think it's not that fitting for Ryan's part. Other than that, the conversation was quite enjoyable just as much as the original game itself.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#5 Post by mikey »

Hmmm, I didn't think that anything was wrong with the voice acting at all. I even liked the British accent ^_^. It was a very nice time-out :P :P . Refreshing, as monele put it.

Wolfrider

#6 Post by Wolfrider »

I am not natively english speaker. So I am not te best person to say something, but I think this is a GOOD voice acting. Even comparing it with professional releases, it is one of the best i have heard.

Oh, and the story... well... the confused angel & devil were amusing, but then the 'other' avatarse made me laugh hard. (The last ones... L-Buster... LOL)

I wanted more, so i am downloading the main game now.

Admiral Styles

#7 Post by Admiral Styles »

Heh, good to hear that people seem to generally enjoy it! I figured voice acting was a bit of a gamble, but I decided to give it a go, and I'm glad I did, in retrospect.
Wolfrider wrote:(The last ones... L-Buster... LOL)
I wish I could make a Mega Man X-type game someday, starring Maverick Hunter Lavie. It'd be so cheesy and fun, with her L-Buster shooting little hearts and stuff. 8)
I wanted more, so i am downloading the main game now.
Coolness. Please tell me what you think, if you feel up to it. :)
-Benjamin Disraeli

Nyamo-chan

#8 Post by Nyamo-chan »

I very much enjoyed the cutscene [loved the voices - so professional!! XD], so from there I decided to download the game.

...am I the only one stuck in the first playable scene? You know, where you have to find the source of the sickness? T_T;;

Admiral Styles

#9 Post by Admiral Styles »

That's not a fun place to be stuck... What you need to do is examine the edges of the various cliffs, so Kaleb and Samath can jump in that direction. :)
-Benjamin Disraeli

mrsulu
Regular
Completed: Lady Sugarplum's Bad Day

Very cute

#10 Post by mrsulu »

Very cute. Voice actors are fine. Liked art.

Could be more interactive besdies hitting "Space".

Admiral Styles

#11 Post by Admiral Styles »

Ah, if you'd be interested in more interactivity, perhaps you'd care to check out the first Act of my RM2K RPG? :) You can find it here.

So far, pretty much everyone who gave C'est Lavie a try reported they liked the voices, or at least didn't suffer from seizures after hearing them, so that's pretty cool in my opinion. :) I figure I will likely move ahead with limited voice acting after all, in future installments. There'll probably be a voice-free version though, for those who would prefer it (or can't download it due to its file size).
-Benjamin Disraeli