(P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mizzykin

Re: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

#376 Post by Mizzykin »

I really loved this game, it's what got me into visual novels. Although all the characters were great, my favourite was easily Ryuu. He's just so fdskjfdilas awesome.
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to (P)lanets 2. o3o

Celestine
Veteran

#377 Post by Celestine »

I finally got time to play this game.

I tried redownloading this game since I got a weird script error last time, but I got this again.
Seems can still play through it if you keep clicking Ignore many times though.

But I thought I'd should let you know teacup

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 10746, in script
File "game/script.rpy", line 10746, in python
NameError: name 'ilove' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Documents and Settings\Jennifer\My Documents\(P)lanets 1.3-win32\renpy\execution.py", line 261, in run
File "C:\Documents and Settings\Jennifer\My Documents\(P)lanets 1.3-win32\renpy\ast.py", line 1366, in execute
File "C:\Documents and Settings\Jennifer\My Documents\(P)lanets 1.3-win32\renpy\python.py", line 1011, in py_eval
File "game/script.rpy", line 10746, in <module>

Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP3
Ren'Py 6.12.2.1531

Also I can't seem to find the last 2 pictures in Kaius path. I really love Kaius. :oops: I want to find them so much. :cry: Do you think can drop a hint where I can find them, if it's through Ryuu and Lucan paths never mind then I haven't finished the game quite yet.

By the way I love it :wink: It's so surprising in some areas that I just feel pulled into the story.
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

Kairi

#378 Post by Kairi »

Loved the game! One of the best. :)

But I did have a few problems. An error screen would pop up randomly a lot. Once I got it to go away, I found out it skipped part of the dialogue I was at.

Just thought I'd tell you, but overall, I still love the game! Off to get Ryuu and Kaius's path! :)

magbie
Regular

#379 Post by magbie »

This game pleasantry surprised me:
HS Prince brainwashing his fans? After that I expected everything :P For first pt I gone for Lucan, and seriously - love this guy, what you did with this stereotype(s) is brilliant :D Ryuu was kinda personal, and similar to first guy I kissed - fun and cheerful, with self-loathing and sob story behind this. Not sure who I would fall for in real life, Lucan's my type and Ryuu's a bro (but similarities~~). I kinda wanted Haru to be more then unrequited love but okay T_T And I can't stand Kaius. I'm interested in his story but I find him annoying beyond belief so it's going to be rocky. Why oh why can't I smack him, since I don't romance him. Or tell him off. Pretty please next time :D?
So I want more :mrgreen: Pleease :D? You seem to be planning sequel, and I have a request: can you let us roleplay more? I don't want to be stuck with one protagonist who isn't even interesting and who has no development, or development on her own. But if not it's alright, I had fun anyway.

Edit:
Ok, I played Kaius path. It wasn't that bad. Pretty standard. I laughed couple of times (and now I want to be an embarrassing parent xD Kaius's dad rules) so it was fun
Edit2:
And was this final cg business necessary :P? I felt like game was punishing me, revealing the ending only if I'll do everything perfectly, and leaving me hanging if I don't :P There should be more then one perfect end

darkphilious

#380 Post by darkphilious »

Ah, I like the art of this game a lot, they're all really cute. I thought that there's an ending with Haru, but there isn't, apparently. I like Kaius path the most. I like all of the storyline in general. It's a pretty interesting concept. Also, did I hear some Katawa Shoujo music in this game? It really sounds familiar.

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#381 Post by TsukiShima »

@darkphilious,
Haru doesn't have a route, but he has an ending of his own. You have to take Kaius route, and then during the options to the answer to Kaius's father (being close to Kaius or take care of him, I forgot) , you'll have to pick 'I have someone else in mind'.
I feel slightly embarrassed of myself remembering how immature I was when I first posted and first played this game...

And for others who want to find any other walkthrough regarding (P)lanets, you can check it out in Teacup's blog.

darkphilious

#382 Post by darkphilious »

HanaMori wrote:@darkphilious,
Haru doesn't have a route, but he has an ending of his own. You have to take Kaius route, and then during the options to the answer to Kaius's father (being close to Kaius or take care of him, I forgot) , you'll have to pick 'I have someone else in mind'.
I feel slightly embarrassed of myself remembering how immature I was when I first posted and first played this game...

And for others who want to find any other walkthrough regarding (P)lanets, you can check it out in Teacup's blog.
I see, thanks for telling me. I'll have to try that one.

weighusdown

#383 Post by weighusdown »

I was really enjoying this game but I had to leave so I saved and quit, but when I went back to the game my save files were gone and I had to start all over. :( I tried playing again but the same thing happened, any tips on what I can do?

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#384 Post by teacup »

Thank you for the comments, everyone! I would still really appreciate reviews on this game. Of course I love the positive feedback, but I would like to hear what could be improved as well (other than the art). It will help me improve the sequel that's in the works.
xXMidnightXx wrote:hey i just found this game! and really want to plat but it seems that when i went to download itit says it has a password the windows download mediafire onee???
A password? o_o That's odd, are you still having this issue? There's no password and I've never heard anyone say they had that issue before...

@Celestine
Yes, that is a common error ^^;
Here is my usual reply:
It seems to happen when your 'love points' with two guys are equal, so the game can't compute who you 'love' and therefor, you get the bug (hence it's called the ilove bug ). Unfortunately the only way I've found to fix this is to start the game over and stay very loyal to just one guy, so the game won't get confused. If you need help with that, I have a walkthrough on my blog. I'm sorry for the trouble and that there isn't a better solution >_< I really need to upload version 1.4.. I'll try and get on that soon.

@magbie
I'm glad you had fun!
Punishing? On the contrary, the final CG + epilogue is a REWARD for doing everything right! You can still get good endings after making mistakes. A punishment would be if the game gave you a bad ending for making mistakes, and there's only one bad ending in the whole game! I've never heard anything think of a bonus CG as a punishment, I'm a bit shocked you think that way ^^;;
Anyway, there are many games that require certain achievements to get the best ending.
Obviously, you can only get a perfect ending if you do everything perfectly. But given the small amount of choices in the game, I didn't think it was that hard. Even if messed up somewhere, you should be able to figure out where you messed up based on the gallery (if you are missing a CG, for example).
The second game has more choices than this one, and the heroine also has more of a backstory so hopefully it's an improvement~

@darkphilious
Thanks for the comments~
This game came out before Katawa Shoujo. And I'm pretty sure Katawa Shoujo has an original soundtrack, so I don't think we have any of the same music (I haven't played Katawa Shoujo very much though so I'm not sure, but I strongly doubt it).

@weighusdown
I'm sorry, I have no idea how to resolve the save issue :(
I've heard some other people have that problem, though the issue seems to happen rarely.
If I can find out a solution for this issue, I will be sure to post it here and hopefully help anyone else with this problem.

magbie
Regular

#385 Post by magbie »

Yay, thanks :D
Ok, maybe "punishing" is too much(waay), but still some other ending then perfect one would be nice :P Like in "Remember me", along with perfect one that you had to grind some skill hard for, was also a normal one (I always preferred that kind of ending, so that's the reason I'm mentioning it ^^ It's cool to have a "everything's great and nothing hurts" endings but some alternative, not necessarily bad one would be good, not always the estimated perfect ending is what player is looking for)
Including only bonus ending and no other is fine, but does leave you a little unsatisfied : /

NeenoMay
Completed: None yet, working on my first VN.
Projects: Vampire Masque

#386 Post by NeenoMay »

Hey, I just wanna say that I played this recently and think it is awesome! I am really exited about the second one. Hearing that you did this all by yourself inspired me to make one of my own, which I am currently working on. The story line was good, the graphics were good and it was all around fun to play, thanks for making such a great otome game!

ushakotsu

#387 Post by ushakotsu »

Hi. I just downloaded this today and started to play the game but something's wrong. I was working on Kaius's ending and then after Haruhi asked if the character liked anyone a blue box popped up. It looks like this: File "game/script.rpy", line 10733, in script
File "game/script.rpy", line 10733, in python

It also gave me options at the bottom to try and fix the problem. The options were: Rollback, Ignore, Reload, Open Traceback, and Quit
I tried all of those options and nothing worked. I like this game and would like to continue playing it but because of what popped up it will not allow me to continue. Could someone help me?

fathskie
Regular

#388 Post by fathskie »

I've played it!! Before I review, I want you to know that I like your game and I'm interested in beta testing. Would you count me in as a tester in any of your future games...? I'd love to! If you interested you can contact me at my facebook (same name as my username) ^.^ Okay so here's what I have to say about it!!

Pros:

*) The features you stated in the description, I agree!

*) Cute background story for each of the character, can't even pick which one is my favorite because all of them

are equally fantastic.

*) I don't stumble into code errors =D

Suggestion:
*) I feel it's sad that all three of the boys have problems, and we can only "save" one of them! What happen with Ryuu when I pick Lucan?? He's sick, will he waste his life doing what he likes without thinking of having a future? What happen with Kaius if I pick Ryu?? Will he become a new 'forever alone' internet meme?? And will Lucan live in a constant deception for the rest of his life because he's afraid no one will like him if not for the inception??

I want to help all of them! >.< my heart ache just for the thought of abandoning two of them! (Haruhi doesn't count since he's already awesome from the start xD) Could you somehow make it possible...? Or at least a route with a closure to all of them? Like a "perfect ending". Like maybe i.o getting the ilove bug you could gain the best ending instead? =D

*) Only Kaius has his picture on the gallery and looking so cool! =D what about the other guys??

Cons/ correction:

*) typo: infirmirary (Ryuu's path I think?)

*) Not enough pscyh types shown! Not even the ones in the description (switch bodies? hear cat talks?)

*) we can get Kaius to save Marin, but I can only get Oginuma sensei to save her during Ryuu and Lucan's paths?

*) I find it very unlikely - impossible even - for an innocent woman (who hasn't even kissed yet) to willingly get raped in turns by three men to protect a young healthy male friend that she just getting started to close to. The logic just isn't there. This is a gang bang, and it took at least a mother's determination when protecting her child in order to overcome the pain and the traumatic experience of getting raped in turns. Open her leg to save Kaius? Uh-oh, it's a no no.

*) lucan path - the way marin almost get molested (technically because lucan left her), don't make any sense that Lucan didn't ask for apology the next day. The scene jump right to holiday - it just doesn't feel right.

*) Oginuma sensei told Marin (after the incidents) that the group members feel horrible for 'forgetting' her. But he only say this in Kaius' path. I think this is major thing and they should feel sorry in all paths.

*) The names are hardly Japanese (Lucan & Kaius)

*) Ryuu's path, after Kazuoki lost her power and had to leave, he still called her "Kazuoki-san" when he should be calling her Marin.

*) Ryuu (or Kaius path?? or both? I forgot) when it's parallel to the day of the "Locker incident" with Lucan. In Lucan's path Kazuoki thought to herself "No way I can go back to cafeteria after today. Rui was very apologetic about today and I don't think she will repeat what she did but no guarantee what she'll do when she saw her Lucan-sama again." (or something along that line, I don't remember words by words). That line only valid for Lucan's path... but the same line was used for other path as well. Which is weird, because Marin shouldn't have known about the "Lucan's Fan Club waiting for Lucan outside the door during Cooking Club" if she's with Ryuu or Kaius. It make sense for me because I played Lucan first, but I think it won't make sense if I didn't.

*) As the story progressed, it's weird that Marin didn't hear ppl's thought anymore, even in a one-on-one situation (like when Haruhi woke up in her bed, or when Ryuu sick, or even when Lucan mad at her and throw her out of the cooking room. Isn't it impossible for ppl to not think about things in that situation?).

*) Regarding Haruhi's magical growth, it might be better if you put an added scene of a psych in Planet doing some thing to Haruhi to enhance his growth. Drank a magic milk made by an alchemist psych maybe? At least we'll have explanation on why he can grow so fast within days ^^

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#389 Post by teacup »

Thank you for more comments! If you experienced an error with the game, please read my above posts. I'm sorry for the trouble, but I've answered the question many times.
@magbie
I agree there could've (and probably should have) been more endings, but honestly it was only my first game and I just wanted to make something simple. Five endings seemed reasonable to me at the time, but I'll be more ambitious in my future games.
@fathskie
Yay, my first long review in a while! Thank you for taking the time to write it all :)
I don't have Facebook, but when I need testers in the future I could send you a PM. Thank you for the offer!

It's interesting that you wonder what happens to the guys if you choose not to pursue them... I admit that I never thought about it. Even in real life though, it's impossible to save everyone. For example:
If Marin had never pursued Ryuu, she would've never known he was sick in the first place. You, as a player, knows he's sick of course because you played his route, but Marin wouldn't know, and so she never would have felt the need to "save" him... does that make sense?
Marin wouldn't think about helping Lucan and Kaius and Ryuu; she would only think about one of them because she only gets to know each guy in their respective routes. Of course, that makes it harder on the player because the player knows everything. Player's dilemma, maybe? :(

Let's be honest, though: Marin isn't exactly a 'special girl'. Another girl very similar to Marin could come along and 'save' Ryuu if Marin decided to pursue Kaius, or 'save' Lucan if she went with Ryuu. It doesn't have to be Marin that saves them, but Marin just happens to be the girl that you, the player, assume the role of. That's the way I think about it, anyway, but you can form your own theories :)

I don't know about a route where all of them are saved from their problems. It seems like it would be too much of a fairy-tale, you know? I know this game isn't exactly realistic anyway, but to have such a perfect ending would never be possible in reality. Unfortunately, some people have to suffer :<

I agree with you about the inconsistencies in the story. They were amateur mistakes, and are hopefully things I can improve on as I make more games. ^^

About the names, I didn't want them all to be Japanese xD I'm aware Lucan and Kaius and Marin aren't Japanese names - Marin is a French name, and I just pulled Lucan and Kaius out of my brain. If you're wondering why I did that, it's because even in real life, not everyone's name comes from the same origin. I'm a French girl at an American college and I have a classical French name, but I'm fluent in English. I wanted my game to be like that too - people with all different kinds of names, not necessarily Japanese, because people come from different places and still may be able to speak the language. It probably would have been less confusing if I touched on this in the game (like Lucan and Kaius' ethnic backgrounds), but in retrospect, there are a lot of things I probably should've done differently!

And lastly, I also agree with you about the unrealistic portrayal of the scenario with the thugs and the almost-rape. I was quite immature at the time of writing it (16) and didn't fully think it through. So yeah, I apologize if that offended anyone and I'm fully aware that Marin was portrayed as a total idiot in that situation due to her choices. :s

Anyway, thank you so much for your comments! I enjoyed reading them, and I like it when people think about this game on a slightly deeper level ^^

fathskie
Regular

#390 Post by fathskie »

Ah it took you a while to get online! Yay! You're so very welcome!! I enjoy Planets very much and writing review is the least I can do xD~ Definitely look forward to your next project! ;p