(P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ryuuki12

Re: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

#406 Post by ryuuki12 »

Best game ever!!! i totally love this!

terri_x3

#407 Post by terri_x3 »

my favorite otome game omg! the art is amazing<3 :mrgreen: my favorite is Kaius like he's the cutest thing ever! and i think it's adorbs how he loves cats like aw. :D i think he was the most developed character in the whole game. tbh i never played the other two but to me at first glance i felt like they were the typical popular guys who don't have much to them except their face or personality lol. SORRY RYUU OR LUCAN FANS but i'm js. I'm not going to play them cause, 1. Ryuu yeah he's cute, but he's an asshole to what he did to Kaius and how flirty he is with Marin. nahh you're too much of a player :roll: and Lucan...lol he's cute as well but i'm not into the princely type and plus people say he's very hesitant about being in a relationship, like Marin is the one who makes the first move...lol noooo i don't like that in a guy. But with Kaius, the whole time i was playing the game i was imaging me being Marin! lmfaoo ahh his story was just amazing like i can't. His past, her personality, the reason why he hates Ryuu and how open he is about his feelings to Marin when they get close KYAAA!~ lol i replay his storyline again CAUSE IT WAS JUST THAT GOOD! :mrgreen: :D

i do wish there could be a sequel to this story(preferably just Kaius&Marin) lol but i heard (p)lantes 2 got dropped. the new characters looked good but oh well :c so idk what's gonna happen but all i know is that this game is a PLUS! also excited for teacup's new game<3

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#408 Post by teacup »

ryuuki, Einara, thanks for commenting. :)
Einara you are right, the supernatural aspect isn't explored too much. That doesn't really improve in the other routes if I'm being honest. I'm glad you were able to enjoy it despite that, though. I wish I had fleshed out the supernatural aspect more... but looking back, there are a lot of things I wish I could have done differently in my first game! But hey, it was a learning experience ^^

terri_x3

I'm glad you liked the game so much! Kaius is the most popular character by far, I think that's just because most girls love the tsundere type.
About Ryuu and Lucan being just 'popular guys' with not much to them, that isn't really true. I tried to make all of the characters equally developed. They all have their stories and secrets to be figured out. I mean, if you think about it, you could say the same thing about Kaius just on first impression - 'he's just an anti-social guy with not much to him' - but only by playing his route could you find out more. I think all characters probably seem simple at a glance and you can't tell everything about them without fully playing their side of the story.
Ryuu isn't 100% asshole, and there is a story behind his impulsive, care-free attitude. Lucan is hesitant about relationships but there's reason for that as well. I mean, Kaius seems like an asshole too, but as you figured out, there's a reason for that also.
It's fine if they're not your type or don't appeal to you, but I assure you there is more to them than what you see at a glance :) I hope you'll give them a chance too.

Parisa

#409 Post by Parisa »

Was it your first game? really? I just figured it now. It was amazing for a first game! Your game is one of my favorites. I was happy when I heard about (p)lanets 2 and disappointed when it was cancelled. I loved Kaius and all other characters.

LliiraAnna
Regular

#410 Post by LliiraAnna »

Well, Kaius is just the type most of the girls fall for (in fiction, that is). Ryuu and Lucan were interesting as well, you just needed to get to know them better.
(especially Lucan. Especially when I made the MC reject him.... x))

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#411 Post by teacup »

Yes Parisa, this was my first game.
It was pretty ambitious for my first project, so its a miracle that it ever got finished lol. I'm glad you enjoyed it ^_^

LliiraAnna-
Yeah, I think Kaius is most popular because of his personality type, but I don't think that necessarily means he's more developed than the others.
Haha yeah, if you want to see something interesting terri_x3, try to get Lucan's bad ending :D (though if you already don't like him, I doubt his bad end will change your mind lol)

terri_x3

#412 Post by terri_x3 »

Yeah i probably am judging Ryuu and Lucan too quickly though lol i might give them a try \(^0^)/
but omg when's your new game coming out? :o i'm still really excited!

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#413 Post by teacup »

I don't have a release date for it, I'm just working at my own pace right now.
I'm trying not to get burned out like I did before. Hopefully I will have a new game out by the end of this year, but no promises yet. >_<
I'm glad you're excited though!

DeeKay
Veteran

#414 Post by DeeKay »

Yay Teacup-chan !

Yep, just keep on working at your preferred pace, you won't have fun while in this creative process otherwise, right ? ;)
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !

Ant-san
Regular
Completed: Snowdrop, The Demon Lord is Mine, PrinHero, PreOdyssey
Projects: The Three Princes and Adarna

#415 Post by Ant-san »

Honestly, I downloaded this game quite some time ago, but I just finished one route yesterday XD

Kaius was so adorbs~ :mrgreen:

Really, I found myself fangirling at certain scenes :D
though somehow, I did predict that he's the cat-loving type of guy XP

fathskie wrote:
*) I feel it's sad that all three of the boys have problems, and we can only "save" one of them! What happen with Ryuu when I pick Lucan?? He's sick, will he waste his life doing what he likes without thinking of having a future? What happen with Kaius if I pick Ryu?? Will he become a new 'forever alone' internet meme?? And will Lucan live in a constant deception for the rest of his life because he's afraid no one will like him if not for the inception??

I want to help all of them! >.< my heart ache just for the thought of abandoning two of them! (Haruhi doesn't count since he's already awesome from the start xD) Could you somehow make it possible...? Or at least a route with a closure to all of them? Like a "perfect ending". Like maybe i.o getting the ilove bug you could gain the best ending instead? =D
*cough*WANTSHAREMENDINGROUTE*cough*
Otome game currently in progress~;)
Feel free to check it out ^_^

Interested in commissioning me?

Finished Project/s:
The Philosopher's War

Vialixia
Regular

#416 Post by Vialixia »

This was a lovely game!

I had a full playthrough of it today, Kaius was definitely the favourite, but I think all the characters are nicely designed and interesting. The story is very well written and also very natural, I felt really in touch with the heroine because she had an inner dialogue that I could really relate to :) I think you've done a really great job! The story was a good length as well, not too long that I'd have got bored, but not too short that I didn't feel like I've got enough from it.

There are a few things I'd do to change it, if you don't mind me saying. There are a few minor bugs here and there, such as the text going off the page at random times but nothing major. Also, one of the scenes uses a photograph instead of artwork which I found a bit jarring at a key moment in the story. I guess it can be hard to find really specific imagery but a filter at least maybe would have helped? I guess what I'm saying is, it could have done with a little more polish; but honestly it's a free game and it was above the standards of a lot, so I guess that's what comes with it.

At any rate, it was lovely and I look forward to seeing what you produce in the future, good luck! It can be easy to burn out, a especially with a game of this length, but I still hope to see more from you :)

Thanks!

nereid

#417 Post by nereid »

I am going to be honest; I wish there was more than these five endings because I FREAKING LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!! I wish I never had to stop playing T_T It's just too freaking good.
I am not exaggerating; I have had to pay for games that were not as adorable and as clever as this, which is a free game that you made on your own. I can not express how much in love with your game I'm in.
I think I can say this thanks to Kaius. He really saved your game for me. At first, I thought "hmm, this is a nice cute game. Ryuu is cute. Lucan is pretty. Well, that's a nice typical otome game."
BUT THEN KAIUS' STORY.... it really made the whole game stand out to me, and now, I can't stop playing (I admit it, playing Kaius' path again and again is a guilty pleasure I indulge in time to time).
Please don't stop making games. No matter how many negative comments you have, you will always have a fan, right here.

Dawnfire
Regular

#418 Post by Dawnfire »

I have played this game at least four times, and I don't think I ever posted. But I LOVE KAIUS. I'm not exclusive to tsunderes but he was just so well-written and quite possibly my tsundere ideal! I think Lucan and Ryuu had a little less development but I definitely enjoyed their routes a lot as well. I think the best part of this game is that its length can give me hours of enjoyment.

I'm really looking forward to the next Planets game!
Writer/editor with native English skills and a bachelor's. Back after a longtime hiatus. Message if interested.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#419 Post by 15385bic »

i adore Lucan~~~
so cute, so sweet
so here's fanart for you

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#420 Post by teacup »

DeeKay wrote:Yay Teacup-chan !

Yep, just keep on working at your preferred pace, you won't have fun while in this creative process otherwise, right ? ;)
Yep, that's right! I'm trying my best to have fun with these projects, and so far I am! :D
Ant-san wrote:Honestly, I downloaded this game quite some time ago, but I just finished one route yesterday XD

Kaius was so adorbs~ :mrgreen:

Really, I found myself fangirling at certain scenes :D
though somehow, I did predict that he's the cat-loving type of guy XP
Glad to hear that you enjoyed Kaius' path! ^_^
Haha, yeah, Kaius is actually inspired by a cats' personality, which is why I made him love them so much. XD
About a harem path... haha, well, I don't think any of these guys are the type who would want to share Marin, especially with each other. I think that kind of stuff is what fanfiction is for xD
Vialixia wrote:This was a lovely game!

I had a full playthrough of it today, Kaius was definitely the favourite, but I think all the characters are nicely designed and interesting. The story is very well written and also very natural, I felt really in touch with the heroine because she had an inner dialogue that I could really relate to :) I think you've done a really great job! The story was a good length as well, not too long that I'd have got bored, but not too short that I didn't feel like I've got enough from it.

There are a few things I'd do to change it, if you don't mind me saying. There are a few minor bugs here and there, such as the text going off the page at random times but nothing major. Also, one of the scenes uses a photograph instead of artwork which I found a bit jarring at a key moment in the story. I guess it can be hard to find really specific imagery but a filter at least maybe would have helped? I guess what I'm saying is, it could have done with a little more polish; but honestly it's a free game and it was above the standards of a lot, so I guess that's what comes with it.

At any rate, it was lovely and I look forward to seeing what you produce in the future, good luck! It can be easy to burn out, a especially with a game of this length, but I still hope to see more from you :)

Thanks!
Thank you so much for the review! I'm happy to still get reviews even when the game has been out for a while. :)

Yeah, the scene with the photograph background really bothers me too. Believe me, I looked everywhere for a suitable background that fit with the style of the others, but since it was such a specific picture, I was out of luck. I did apply filters to it I think, but I just couldn't get it to look halfway decent. I guess it's good that the background was only shown for a few lines. ^^; I'm sorry about that!

I'm glad you enjoyed the game. And thanks again!
nereid wrote:I am going to be honest; I wish there was more than these five endings because I FREAKING LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!! I wish I never had to stop playing T_T It's just too freaking good.
I am not exaggerating; I have had to pay for games that were not as adorable and as clever as this, which is a free game that you made on your own. I can not express how much in love with your game I'm in.
I think I can say this thanks to Kaius. He really saved your game for me. At first, I thought "hmm, this is a nice cute game. Ryuu is cute. Lucan is pretty. Well, that's a nice typical otome game."
BUT THEN KAIUS' STORY.... it really made the whole game stand out to me, and now, I can't stop playing (I admit it, playing Kaius' path again and again is a guilty pleasure I indulge in time to time).
Please don't stop making games. No matter how many negative comments you have, you will always have a fan, right here.
Wow, thank you so much! ;-; It makes me really happy to know people enjoyed the game this much!
Don't worry, I won't stop making games. I may not be able to release them as quickly as I'd like, but I need to be working on at least one game for my life to feel complete xD
Thanks again for being a fan. I really appreciate it! <3
Dawnfire wrote:I have played this game at least four times, and I don't think I ever posted. But I LOVE KAIUS. I'm not exclusive to tsunderes but he was just so well-written and quite possibly my tsundere ideal! I think Lucan and Ryuu had a little less development but I definitely enjoyed their routes a lot as well. I think the best part of this game is that its length can give me hours of enjoyment.

I'm really looking forward to the next Planets game!
Haha, another Kaius fan~
Yes, I wanted to make a long game so that it really felt like a game (if that makes sense).
Thank you for playing, I'm glad you liked the game ^_^
15385bic wrote:i adore Lucan~~~
so cute, so sweet
so here's fanart for you
OMG I love it!!
You are one of my favorite artists here, so this totally makes me day. Plus, I love it when people like one of the guys other than Kaius. XD
Thank you so much! <333