(P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

Re: (P)lanets!

#61 Post by teacup »

Edit: I'm not looking for critique, maybe I should have specified that.
I'm still eagerly awaiting to hear how others think about the game. And again, for those who liked it, thank you!
Last edited by teacup on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#62 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Congratulations on finishing ^_^ It has been a long process, and I remember playing the demo way back (well, in internet time).
I'll have to find time to play through it soon.
And no matter what, you should feel proud of finishing a decent sized game and of the effort you put in. No-one is ever going to make the perfect game everyone will like. Take the critique with a grain of salt and decide what you can actually use to get better. At the end of the day, all of that is your choice. You made a lot of people happy with your game, and I'm sure I'll get enjoyment from it too :)

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#63 Post by sake-bento »

I would like to remind everyone that this thread really should be about the game that teacup has shared with us, and not the virtues or vices of critique, honesty, judging quality, or anything of that manner.

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#64 Post by TsukiShima »

Yay! Mirror! I'll be downloading it now and looking forward to play this game! Thank you so much, I'll be sure to come back and be happy after playing this.

mcandy
Regular
Projects: ~Lucky~ (GxB)

#65 Post by mcandy »

I've nearly finished all of the paths, and I've got to say I LOVE THIS GAME!!! I dunno why people are so critical about it, its a free game made out as a hobby so people should just enjoy it.

but anyways GREAT WORK XD
Working On VN Projects!
Check them out!
~Lucky~ (GxB) - Romance, Mystery, Comedy, Slice of life, School
Who is He?!(GxB) - Romance, mystery, comedy, school

MY DEVIANTART PROF!
Click here~!-You can view all of my artworks here :3

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#66 Post by Riviera »

Oh my god! You finished this!! *dance of joy*

Congratulations, teacup!! :D

I'll have to come back later and edit this to let you know what I think of it, but I'm sure it will be positive things. I liked the demo, and the new art direction looks nice, so high hopes. :)
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Azora Tenshi
Projects: Moonlight (Name may change)[Otome WIP]

#67 Post by Azora Tenshi »

Yay!!! It's finally here! Can't wait to start playing it, by the way the demo was awesome!
Thank you!!!
Life's full of ups and downs,
Gotta take one backwards and five steps forwards
Currently assisting with:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=10447 -Beta Tester

Currently working on:
[WIP] Moonlight (Thread has not yet been posted)

Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

#68 Post by Hayzel »

I'm not sure where people are getting their information but cross dressing is a really popular motif in anime and manga >>;;;
Anyway, so far. I'm sort of weirded out about her relationship with her parents....it's like like there isn't any paternal or maternal bonds. Usually at least one parent is makes up for the other but they both seem so blase about their daughter...it makes me sad ;-; AS for the love interests so far I don't really find myself attracted to them ... so it's hard to make some decisions. But I like your growing development with them and I bet they'll grow on me as I continue the game. ((I was a little dissapointed the best friend didn't come along. A good arc would be where he falls in love with her and tries to get out of his phase ((unless he's the gay best friend, I could have missed that.)) Anyway. More comments to come. ((I hope this isn't coming off as a critique, just basically my thoughts and feelings as I play <3))

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#69 Post by Cain0425 »

how do you get Haruhi's ending ?

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#70 Post by Taleweaver »

teacup wrote:The funny thing is I actually finished the story for this game *before* Starry Sky was translated. Then I played Starry Sky, and thought, omg, it's really similar D:
The same thing happened to me with The Dreaming. I wrote it, I published it, and about two weeks later, I played "Silent Hill Shattered Memories", and I was like "omg, they stole my plot twist!"
@Taleweaver
Well I'm sorry that you hate it so much. It's definitely not a game for everyone, of course not.
But I will say, that if the thing bothering you the most is Haruhi/Marin's parents, they are (as you said) side characters and don't show up often. So I'm a bit sad that characters who hardly are part of the story made you quit.
And I would never use a word like 'faggot'. It's supposed to be a light, fun game. Not a game to hurt other's feelings or offend someone.
I'm sure you'd never use a word like that. But after what I've seen from Marin's parents, I'm rather sure they would, at least if their personalities were coherent. And really, if the side characters already leave a bad impression with the little screen time they have, I'm no longer interested in meeting the main characters.
Sorry if this criticism comes across very harsh, but I believe that in a game about personal relationships, the characters need to be written believably. And I cannot relate to the first characters I met in your game, thus my reaction. The entire story probably has quite a few redeeming aspects (as I said, the presentation is very attractive, for example), but I'm afraid it's not for me.
Last edited by Taleweaver on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Muse
Regular

#71 Post by Muse »

Congratz on your release! (And thanks for making a Mac version!) You made a complete game, of good size, and that is something to be VERY proud of!

AriaRules!
Regular
Projects: High School, for the Supernatural!
Organization: AriaGames

#72 Post by AriaRules! »

At the start, I remember reading the plot and I was like, Wow.
You did a really good job, and it's free? xD
I like the characters especially Ryuu, although he is a bit random but that's just my type. xD
At the start, I just wanted to get to the game play really, I was too eager. You explained, in detail.
I found a bit of the personalities a bit... harsh. Like the Mom and the Dad, but you know what? xD My Parents would probably say the same thing *jk*. I liked that the bestie was a cross dresser, but I would have liked it, if he looked, idk more guyish?
I really liked it, well done!
Overall: Fantastic. :mrgreen:

Mirage
Veteran

#73 Post by Mirage »

Just finished Kaius path. Found some bugs, here they are:
- The background during buying the kittens remained as the street background. (Not sure if it's because you don't have the bg, but it stood out as being odd.)
- The texts sometime went out of the box.
- Marin's clothes briefly changed from her uniform to her casual outfit when she returned home after being expelled.

Overall, a decent game. Some parts were enjoyable, other parts mundane. I was shooting for Kaius from the get go since he's the only one that interest me---mostly because he's quite secretive/mysterious. I like my mysterious boys, lol. Not sure if I will go for the other guys since I don't really like them...I particularly dislike Ryuu for he purposely baited Kaius so he would show his dark side, which in my opinion makes Ryuu the real jerk. I don't know if his path would redeem him, but at the moment I don't feel compelled to pursue him. As for Lucan, I guess he's just not my type. ^^;

I wasn't bothered by Haruhi, you just need to forgo your suspension of disbelief, and it shouldn't be hard to accept. He's quite a cute addition to the story. Like everyone else, I feel the parents are just...awful parents. But the part that bothered me is the sudden changes in their attitude, especially near the end. They just changed without any prior build up.

My favorite part of the story: The insane psychical education. That was fun to read. I wish there are a lot more psychic related activities. I also like when Kaius misinterpret Marin's wanting to do "things".

Parts I don't like: Kaius fighting with Ryuu like all the time. I quite like Ryuu's personality if it weren't for all those fights.
Anyway, congratulation on finishing the game. That by itself is a great feat since not many can do that. Last but not least, thank you for the game, and hope to see more from you. =3

vivienlow

#74 Post by vivienlow »

Hello there! Do you think you could maybe make a Mediafire mirror for Mac users too? Apparently my country blocked Megaupload and I can't seem to access the page ;__;

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#75 Post by Elze »

Heyyy! I played through the game and got best endings for the three guys. Haven't tried out for Haruhi's route yet, since I didn't even think he had one! Will have to try for it later.

Overall, I had a lot of fun playing it. Sure, it isn't perfect, and there are loopholes here and there. The game is also targeting a very specific demographic such that players outside of the target audience are much less likely to enjoy it. Like in Taleweaver's case.
But despite all that, I really liked the game. The art is shiny, I thought the backgrounds suit the sprites, and I love the music you chose. For a one-man show, I personally feel that you did really well! * D * I enjoyed myself on the various routes. I actually went in the order of Kaius, Ryuu and Lucan even though Ryuu was my favorite from the start. Something tells me that Kaius was supposed to be the "default" guy for the lead so I went for him first. xD

Anyway, congrats on finishing this game! You should feel proud of yourself! I, amongst many others, had a great time playing the game and that definitely counts for something <3 If I'm able to free up some time on my scarily packed schedule, I'll try to squeeze in some fanart as a form of appreciation for the game. Thanks again for the game! I had fun ^^