(P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
lagann

Re: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

#421 Post by lagann »

I hate to be a bother, but the Linux download doesn't seem to work anymore. MediaFire says it removed it due to a Violation. Does anyone know of another mirror? I'm really quite interested in experiencing this VN.

terri_x3

#422 Post by terri_x3 »

hey teacup, i was also wondering this..you know how Ruiko is the president of the Lucan Fan Club? lol how come if she's the president so many girls are mean to her? like in the beginning they tricked her and lied to her about school, and during that gym locker room, she's pretty much excluded from everyone? i just noticed as i'm playing Ryuu's story :o or is it just her personality that makes people dislike her?

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#423 Post by teacup »

lagann wrote:I hate to be a bother, but the Linux download doesn't seem to work anymore. MediaFire says it removed it due to a Violation. Does anyone know of another mirror? I'm really quite interested in experiencing this VN.
A violation?? Hmm, that's odd. I'll log into my mediafire account and see if I can get that fixed. If not, I'll try and get a working linux download up tonight. Sorry about that.

Err, I logged into my account and saw that it was removed for copyright infringement...
It said: "The reason for suspension was:

I have a good faith belief that the items or materials listed below are not authorized by the above IP Owners, their agents, or the law and therefore infringe the IP Owner's rights."

Here are the details of the person that reported the game:
Company Name: Remove Your Media LLC
Contact Address: 4760 Preston Rd Ste 244-227 Frisco, TX 75034
Contact Name: Eric Green
Contact Phone: 8665415173
Contact Email: infringement@removeyourmedia.com
I'm really confused. Everything in this game is original except for the music and backgrounds, which were taken from royalty free sites all of which were credited in the game credits as per their terms of service. I didn't commit any copyright infringement. Anyone know what I should do or how to counterclaim this? :? For now I'll try to upload it somewhere else... I will bump this thread when it's up.
terri_x3 wrote:hey teacup, i was also wondering this..you know how Ruiko is the president of the Lucan Fan Club? lol how come if she's the president so many girls are mean to her? like in the beginning they tricked her and lied to her about school, and during that gym locker room, she's pretty much excluded from everyone? i just noticed as i'm playing Ryuu's story :o or is it just her personality that makes people dislike her?
Have you played Lucan's route yet? If not, you might wanna play that before you read this because spoilers:
All of the girls in the Lucan-sama fanclub are brainwashed by Lucan. The other girls at Planets who aren't brainwashed consider the fangirls 'crazy' and 'obsessive'. Since Ruiko is very naive, spacey, and falls for things easily, they target her for bullying. Even Marin comments at one point that she can understand why Ruiko doesn't have many friends - because not only is she obsessed with Lucan, she is also extremely strange. So it's a combination of her personality + her obsession with Lucan that causes her to be bullied.

Also, even though she's the president of the Lucan club, none of the members of the club are actually friends with each other. They're all in the club simply because they are all brainwashed to be in love with Lucan. And as implied in the scene where the girls from the fanclub confront Marin about getting too close to Lucan, the members of the Lucan Club are all willing to hurt each other if any of them gets too close to Lucan. So none of them are friends nor do they really respect each other. That's why, despite being the "president", Ruiko isn't actually friends with those girls. They just share a mutual obsession and they use the club as a way to make sure no one gets too close to Lucan.
I hope that made sense :lol: I'm going to try and explain Ruiko's situation much better in the remake since it was only lightly discussed in the original script.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#424 Post by teacup »

I replaced the Linux link.
Unfortunately, I had to use Rapidshare for now. I hope this is okay :(

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#425 Post by Mimi_Melody »

Um, do you mind if I ask how's the complete edition of (P)lanets going? And your game Circum[N]avigate too? It's just without your blog I feel a little.... not up-to-date about all your games :(
Teacup, I know you've been busy and have problems with the blog. And I hope everything'll be ok :)

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#426 Post by teacup »

The Completed version is going well :) I've finished editing the script and right now I'm working on adding in the extra scenes. Once that's finished, we'll start auditioning for voice actors.
I have found two artists who are both helping me remake the CGs. So far I've finished remaking one sprite, so I still have a few of those to go, but I can usually get one sprite done per day so that doesn't take too long ^^ I've also finished remaking the GUI.
As for Circum[N]avigate, the script for that is going very well, but I'm struggling a bit with the art so I don't have much to show right now.
I'm sorry about my blog. I'm also trying to get a new website up, but I can only do so many things at once D':

Moon20
Regular

#427 Post by Moon20 »

I really looking forward to Completed version Of Planets very much, And im cheering for you to finish Completed version of Planets, And I hope you is finish soon with Completed version Of Planets, I really want to play Completed version Of Planets.

terri_x3

#428 Post by terri_x3 »

wait for your new (P)lantes games is it like a sequel to the original or just a separate story on its own with different guys? :o like i remember there being a (P)lantes 2 but it had different characters but it got cancelled. :( I'm still gonna be excited for your new games regardless because I love your games so much okay<3

Nutella_Sandwhich

#429 Post by Nutella_Sandwhich »

I so <3 Kaius' ending! It was so sweet. BTW he is my favorite character.

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#430 Post by Mimi_Melody »

I'm really glad to hear that :D Hope everything'll turn out fine for you! Don't worry about the blog, I'm just askin'. Don't wanna stress yourself out ne~? :oops:
Lol, hope you'll find suitable voices for the characters! (I really wanna hear how "tsun" Kaius can be :3)

emizee

#431 Post by emizee »

This was super awesome >:O
Btw since you are not continuing "The life of happiness is starting" What other projects are you going to do?
Lucan, why did you brainwash me, you idiot?

Nikizee

#432 Post by Nikizee »

hi i downloaded your game only yesterday and i love it so much i really cant wait till the next (P)lanets come out. oh and i may think that kaius is pretty cool being all mysterious and cool and Lucan is cute to but i omg i LOVE ryuu lol i i love how energetic and positive he is and cute haha
love this game. i cant stop playing it :D

Viobli
Regular
Projects: *Truly, Friends *Lady Eun-mi

#433 Post by Viobli »

I really love this game! I completed all the endings except Kaius's so far. For some reason, I always lose Kaius's save and although I completed Lucan's and Ryuu's endings, some of the CGs in the gallery are still missing. Anyway, I still love this game. I hope to complete Kaius's ending soon though ^-^

inohatake14
Regular
Projects: Stained with Magic

#434 Post by inohatake14 »

I love this game! I've played thorugh everything, and throughly enjoyed myself! :3 If you are interested I've made a detailed critique here:http://www.yourgeekgoddess.weebly.com

Please excuse the noob site

Either way, good job, and keep it up! :D
-Needs to buy a tablet :( - Also if you specialize in backgrounds and take requests and/or want to partner up on a project, hit me up! ;)

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#435 Post by Lesleigh63 »

I enjoyed playing this very much although I've only played Lucan's path so far. Thank you very much making it, I appreciate your effort. Loved the art work and the writing. I like the twist you were able to incorporate onto common themes such as most popular boy in school. Can't believe this was your first VN. Don't burn yourself out and I hope the enthusiasm is there for your latest project.