(P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Nejisa
Regular
Projects: Third Eye

Re: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

#346 Post by Nejisa »

Hi~

Well, i played the game some time ago, but i was recently doing some fanart and i ended up drawing Kaius and Marin in the kiss scene:

Hope you like it ^_^

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#347 Post by teacup »

Please forgive my late replies. I only have a little bit of time to pop into Lemmasoft lately, and I haven't gotten around to replying to all of you! (´・ω・`)
Also just wanted to say this game has hit a big milestone - over 25,000 downloads!
I just checked my mediafire account for the first time since uploading the game, and was amazed to see so many people have played. I want to thank everyone who gave this game a chance. ;w;
AERenoir wrote:Uwaaah, this is so awesome! I like how there's an option to skip to skip all or just the seen text. I'm only like 5 minutes in and I'm already wowing over the programming, LOL... I'll post again when I'm further in!
Haha thank you, though those features are available in most Ren'py games. ^-^
I hope you're having fun with the game still!
Icookiieess wrote:OMG OMG! Love It :') <3<3<3 I am so in love with Kaius!!!!!!!! I keep hearing about epilogues? i just wondered can you tell me how i can get them because i already know what happens but i really want to see them for myself :) If its possible that is :) <3 :D :D :D

Lots of Love,
Rhi :!:
To unlock the epilogue you have to get every 'special scenario' with the guy. Basically just have lunch with him both times and this should be easily. The epilogue will show after the credits. :D
Nejisa wrote:Hi~

Well, i played the game some time ago, but i was recently doing some fanart and i ended up drawing Kaius and Marin in the kiss scene:

Hope you like it ^_^
Wahh, I certainly didn't expect to see a fanart when I checked this page! (●´Д`●´Д`●´Д`●)
I love it! I've never seen my characters in a somewhat realistic style before. Thank you so much!!

Ordog
Regular

#348 Post by Ordog »

Planet was the second Otome game I've played !! And I really loved it ! Everything is beautiful, each path different and super cute !! When playing it, I had the feeling I was watching an anime >< I played it twice (if you want to know) and then made my sister play it and spread the link among my contacts in Sweet Amoris, just to keep myself busy until I'd find another game. Do you know that it was hard to find games as good as Planet ?

BlindClarity
Projects: Stella Argentea
Organization: Rune Bunny

#349 Post by BlindClarity »

[ What I loved]

- The Brightness
I love the brightness of the game, everything from colors, mood, and music is just plain uplifting. I felt like I was playing a part in a wonderful upbeat anime. I think it's rather refreshing in the VM market to have something like this. So Kudos to bringing a lot of joy <3
- The Twists

Kaius was rather predictable to me, and I admit I'm a sucker for the angst ridden guy with a tortured past. I figured his power would be very destructive hence why while he really wants to destroy but Ryuu he wouldn't use his powers. However I did love his story, and his personality. He's my favorite of the bunch and I feel his story has the most development. Also he's first one to encounter Marin, no matter what Marin invites him to the group, and he is the only one to save Marin which I feel makes him stand out as the 'true' pairing in my eyes.

Lucan was the total loop toss for me, I mean I figured he had more to him than he seemed considering he isn't the playboy type, yet the girls are going nuts. However when the evil side of him started appearing, then I was hooked line and sinker. I would have liked to see more of it, without being so deep in his path.

Ryuu didn't shock me that much either. I didn't really get into his character. He seemed really flat to me, when playing his story his background did seem to bring some depth to him, it just seemed he had resigned to dying, even when he had Marin to live for.
- The Length
Here is where Planets wins me over. I felt the start was pretty slow, however I really felt like I was getting a story. Not some love interests tossed together with a mystery meat plot like a lot of other VNs. I would have enjoyed this story without choosing a love interest which I think is where a lot of VNs fall short.

[What could Improve]
- Purpose
Like others have stated. I feel cheated when it comes to Marin's powers. I wished she would have kept them, or at least had more development to them before they were lost. There is hardly any focus on her powers at all.
[Addtional]
Kaius - <3. Kaius fan girl for the win.

Reyire
Regular
Completed: Seraph & Hellion
Projects: Kimeru: to decide
Organization: Kira Kira Candy

#350 Post by Reyire »

Just gonna pop a quick note in to say I played this game awhile back and I really enjoyed it. I'm a very huge VN fan in general, mainly otome games, but I play anything. xD I actually downloaded it and forgot I had it, then I lost my internet. One, sad, boring, internetless day I remembered it was still on my harddrive and started it. I was amused by the Starry Sky parallels but I know they were unintentional. Really that just made me like the characters more. Oh and especially Kaius, oh my. I love characters like him. Um, hopefully I didn't say anything spoilery .. I don't believe so. xD But your art was cute and the story was good and it definitely held my attention. I think I played the whole thing in one sitting. |D I'm kind of like that, hahaa. Oh my. Well anyway, keep making games. (:

callmerawri

#351 Post by callmerawri »

I'm just wondering if anyone knew where I could find the OST/ Soundtrack for this truly amazing and impressive VN made :)
Thanks!:) I fell in love with Kaius when I played this.

AleYrA

#352 Post by AleYrA »

Yes, here I am, other crazy fan-girl for your personal collection (I'd pay to see that collection, really xDD)

You know, I downloaded this game a while ago (well, a while... three monts ago more or less, I think. :lol: So forgive my bad memory with names, plisssss), and... what can I say? I really didn't think I'd enjoy it with so much passion. I mean: at the end, I loved it, your game, your characters, your words (L). The art was/is amazing, and the characters really say/said what they were supossed to say -oooh, Kaius... he was so clumsy... so cute... *Aiiiiinnnnnnssss* doing all those things for the protagonist, and with that blushed face. "YES", I thought when I saw him in my screen, "this guy is a tsundere with all the letters". And tsundere boys are my weak -human- point. I have even dreamt with his blue sparkling eyes in my more friki nights, haha. But because he really worthed it.

Oooooh, I was so moved when I tried your game for first time. But it was too short for my taste (if you only had added some epilogue >.<). I'm looking forward to play (P)lanets 2 when you finished with it. And, is there some possibility that the characters of Planets 1 appear in the second game too? Even if they only appear in the background, like in Tokimeki 2 ds. (It would be fantastic!!)

So,well... I have to say thank you for your wonderful work.

I'd like to tell you more things, but I'm not very used to write in English yet, so I guess I have to stop now. Hala. (Although if you want, I can comment your game in Spanish :mrgreen: )

Okkk, byeeeee!

Ordog
Regular

#353 Post by Ordog »

xD Tsundere effect !! AleYra, you're not the only one who got trapped by Caius...
Was I the only one who found the game long enough (but if it was longer I wouldn't complain). More guys could have been good. (That way the game will last more !!).

Shigeru-chan

#354 Post by Shigeru-chan »

It's my second attempt to play otome. i did find your page last night through random choosing for game to play.
your game is really good! I love it the story and the characters.
I only just finish Haruhi-chan path. because he's so cute and kind so i decided to do childhood path first before the others. >w<

Tbh, at first I really hate Kaius. He so annoyed me from time to time. what the hell to be always rude like that?!
but, when in the middle I found his nice side though still like a bastard, then then he changed so much my first impression toward him.
I will gotta have him to 2nd playthrough then Ryuu and Lucan.

I will looking forward to play your next games too^^
good luck >_<b

when I have the mood to draw i will post here my fanart of (p)lanet next time.

thanks for your wonderful game. :3

g9735

#355 Post by g9735 »

Great game!

I played Haruhi's route first, because it's really unique to have a prominent TG/CD character. I liked the inclusion, but I was disappointed that 'he' just magically reverted to being a more masculine boy at the end. That route could have been much deeper and more significant if the character hadn't suddenly changed at the end. Even if she didn't end up with him romantically, I think it would have been a much better ending if Haruhi had remained 'a girl' instead of magically masculinizing overnight.

I liked the Kaius route quite a bit. That kind of dark, brooding male tsundere sort is great :)

It would have been nice if a bit more attention could have been paid to Marin's sudden acquisition of her powers, and her subsequent loss of them. It's set up as being this great mystery at the beginning, but then it feels like the issue is just kind of overlooked after that. Also, Marin didn't really seem *that* upset after realizing her parents kind of hated her. I kept expecting her to have more of a reaction. I guess the story was a little too focused on the other characters - Marin never really seemed to struggle (or at least, to engage with others over her issues) over many personal dilemmas of her own. For example, she could have been sad about her parents and had whatever boy she was interested in support her over it, or her roommate, Haruhi, a sympathetic telepathic classmate that knows what it's like to find out ugly truths, etc - I think it would have helped me to connect better with the protagonist emotionally and make everyone feel more emotionally three-dimensional if she had shared a bit more of herself with others.

Anyway, it was a great game. Those were just some thoughts I had as I played, but most of them normally also apply to full-length visual novels produced by a team of people. That you made it by yourself is amazing. Thanks for releasing it! :)

ExceptionallyNormal

I need help with an error in the game! ):

#356 Post by ExceptionallyNormal »

When Marin gets home to her parents for Summer break, she's in her room after playing with Haruhi, he comes into her room to talk. And he asks her if she likes anybody from the school, and right after he says 'Like that scary guy with the red hair?', an error message comes up! :(

This is the link to the picture I took of it, to see if anybody could help.
http://s1079.photobucket.com/albums/w50 ... icture.png

Please, message me if you know what's wrong and please help me. The game just keeps getting better and better, and for it to stop like that is just torture, really! /':

Thank you so much. <3

chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

#357 Post by chocojax »

(Not really helping, but thought it was kinda funny.
ilove is not defined
Some pretty deep bug there.)

Reyire
Regular
Completed: Seraph & Hellion
Projects: Kimeru: to decide
Organization: Kira Kira Candy

#358 Post by Reyire »

I'm not positive since I'm not the creator of the game but I don't think Haruhi ever was or was ever meant to be transgender. I think he was just a crossdresser and he explains why if you do his path. Believe me, I was also quite disappointed when he stopped crossdressing, I rather like crossdressers. XD My namesake OC is not transgender but is a crossdresser so I kind of understand Haruhi. I also have a MTF transgender OC I love very much and I think it would have made the game more interesting if Haruhi was. But anyway, these are just my thoughts on the matter. (:
- I play any type of romance VN: BxG, GxB, GxG, BxB. Love is love. -

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#359 Post by teacup »

Ordog wrote:Planet was the second Otome game I've played !! And I really loved it ! Everything is beautiful, each path different and super cute !! When playing it, I had the feeling I was watching an anime >< I played it twice (if you want to know) and then made my sister play it and spread the link among my contacts in Sweet Amoris, just to keep myself busy until I'd find another game. Do you know that it was hard to find games as good as Planet ?
Thank you so much for playing the game and telling your friends about it! :)
I know it can be so difficult to find otome games, that's exactly the reason why I decided to make my own, and am continuing to make them!
BlindClarity wrote:[ What I loved]

- The Brightness
I love the brightness of the game, everything from colors, mood, and music is just plain uplifting. I felt like I was playing a part in a wonderful upbeat anime. I think it's rather refreshing in the VM market to have something like this. So Kudos to bringing a lot of joy <3
- The Twists

Kaius was rather predictable to me, and I admit I'm a sucker for the angst ridden guy with a tortured past. I figured his power would be very destructive hence why while he really wants to destroy but Ryuu he wouldn't use his powers. However I did love his story, and his personality. He's my favorite of the bunch and I feel his story has the most development. Also he's first one to encounter Marin, no matter what Marin invites him to the group, and he is the only one to save Marin which I feel makes him stand out as the 'true' pairing in my eyes.

Lucan was the total loop toss for me, I mean I figured he had more to him than he seemed considering he isn't the playboy type, yet the girls are going nuts. However when the evil side of him started appearing, then I was hooked line and sinker. I would have liked to see more of it, without being so deep in his path.

Ryuu didn't shock me that much either. I didn't really get into his character. He seemed really flat to me, when playing his story his background did seem to bring some depth to him, it just seemed he had resigned to dying, even when he had Marin to live for.
- The Length
Here is where Planets wins me over. I felt the start was pretty slow, however I really felt like I was getting a story. Not some love interests tossed together with a mystery meat plot like a lot of other VNs. I would have enjoyed this story without choosing a love interest which I think is where a lot of VNs fall short.

[What could Improve]
- Purpose
Like others have stated. I feel cheated when it comes to Marin's powers. I wished she would have kept them, or at least had more development to them before they were lost. There is hardly any focus on her powers at all.
[Addtional]
Kaius - <3. Kaius fan girl for the win.
Ooh, haven't had an actual review in a while. :)
I'm very happy to hear this game brought joy to you, as that was exactly my intention.
I agree that I could have developed Marin's powers more. That is something I have heard a lot, unfortunately. I'm really hoping to make up for this in the sequel, which will have a bigger focus on the heroine's psychic power.
Thanks for leaving your thoughts!
Reyire wrote:Just gonna pop a quick note in to say I played this game awhile back and I really enjoyed it. I'm a very huge VN fan in general, mainly otome games, but I play anything. xD I actually downloaded it and forgot I had it, then I lost my internet. One, sad, boring, internetless day I remembered it was still on my harddrive and started it. I was amused by the Starry Sky parallels but I know they were unintentional. Really that just made me like the characters more. Oh and especially Kaius, oh my. I love characters like him. Um, hopefully I didn't say anything spoilery .. I don't believe so. xD But your art was cute and the story was good and it definitely held my attention. I think I played the whole thing in one sitting. |D I'm kind of like that, hahaa. Oh my. Well anyway, keep making games. (:
Thank you so much! <3 I'm glad you enjoyed the game~
callmerawri wrote:I'm just wondering if anyone knew where I could find the OST/ Soundtrack for this truly amazing and impressive VN made :)
Thanks!:) I fell in love with Kaius when I played this.
You can email me at mangojellyslush@hotmail.com and I can share the soundtrack with you. (I'm a bit hesitant to share it because someone took every track and used them in their own game. I know they are free tracks for anyone to use, but I spent a long time trying to find this music and I felt totally offended that they did that. D:)
AleYrA wrote:Yes, here I am, other crazy fan-girl for your personal collection (I'd pay to see that collection, really xDD)

You know, I downloaded this game a while ago (well, a while... three monts ago more or less, I think. :lol: So forgive my bad memory with names, plisssss), and... what can I say? I really didn't think I'd enjoy it with so much passion. I mean: at the end, I loved it, your game, your characters, your words (L). The art was/is amazing, and the characters really say/said what they were supossed to say -oooh, Kaius... he was so clumsy... so cute... *Aiiiiinnnnnnssss* doing all those things for the protagonist, and with that blushed face. "YES", I thought when I saw him in my screen, "this guy is a tsundere with all the letters". And tsundere boys are my weak -human- point. I have even dreamt with his blue sparkling eyes in my more friki nights, haha. But because he really worthed it.

Oooooh, I was so moved when I tried your game for first time. But it was too short for my taste (if you only had added some epilogue >.<). I'm looking forward to play (P)lanets 2 when you finished with it. And, is there some possibility that the characters of Planets 1 appear in the second game too? Even if they only appear in the background, like in Tokimeki 2 ds. (It would be fantastic!!)

So,well... I have to say thank you for your wonderful work.

I'd like to tell you more things, but I'm not very used to write in English yet, so I guess I have to stop now. Hala. (Although if you want, I can comment your game in Spanish :mrgreen: )

Okkk, byeeeee!
Haha, thank you so much~ I'm happy to hear you had fun with the game. There are epilogues though... maybe you didn't unlock them? If the last CG for the guys is missing from you gallery, that means you didn't unlock the epilogue.
I actually thought this was quite long for a first game... nearly 100,000 words which is 2x the size of your typical young adult novel! The second game will be longer at least, so maybe it will satisfy you more.
Yes, there will be some brief character cameos of these characters in (P)lanets 2~
I can't understand Spanish though, haha xD Thanks again!
Shigeru-chan wrote:It's my second attempt to play otome. i did find your page last night through random choosing for game to play.
your game is really good! I love it the story and the characters.
I only just finish Haruhi-chan path. because he's so cute and kind so i decided to do childhood path first before the others. >w<

Tbh, at first I really hate Kaius. He so annoyed me from time to time. what the hell to be always rude like that?!
but, when in the middle I found his nice side though still like a bastard, then then he changed so much my first impression toward him.
I will gotta have him to 2nd playthrough then Ryuu and Lucan.

I will looking forward to play your next games too^^
good luck >_<b

when I have the mood to draw i will post here my fanart of (p)lanet next time.

thanks for your wonderful game. :3
If you do fanart I would love to see it! :D
I'm glad you ended up liking Kaius, despite his rudeness, haha~ Thanks for playing!
g9735 wrote:Great game!

I played Haruhi's route first, because it's really unique to have a prominent TG/CD character. I liked the inclusion, but I was disappointed that 'he' just magically reverted to being a more masculine boy at the end. That route could have been much deeper and more significant if the character hadn't suddenly changed at the end. Even if she didn't end up with him romantically, I think it would have been a much better ending if Haruhi had remained 'a girl' instead of magically masculinizing overnight.

I liked the Kaius route quite a bit. That kind of dark, brooding male tsundere sort is great :)

It would have been nice if a bit more attention could have been paid to Marin's sudden acquisition of her powers, and her subsequent loss of them. It's set up as being this great mystery at the beginning, but then it feels like the issue is just kind of overlooked after that. Also, Marin didn't really seem *that* upset after realizing her parents kind of hated her. I kept expecting her to have more of a reaction. I guess the story was a little too focused on the other characters - Marin never really seemed to struggle (or at least, to engage with others over her issues) over many personal dilemmas of her own. For example, she could have been sad about her parents and had whatever boy she was interested in support her over it, or her roommate, Haruhi, a sympathetic telepathic classmate that knows what it's like to find out ugly truths, etc - I think it would have helped me to connect better with the protagonist emotionally and make everyone feel more emotionally three-dimensional if she had shared a bit more of herself with others.

Anyway, it was a great game. Those were just some thoughts I had as I played, but most of them normally also apply to full-length visual novels produced by a team of people. That you made it by yourself is amazing. Thanks for releasing it! :)
On Haruhi, he was never meant to be a transgender. I know very little/nothing about the subject so I didn't want to really delve deep into that, with the fear of possibly getting the facts wrong or offending someone. Haruhi was just a crossdresser - he wore girl's clothes for fun. It was also mentioned at the beginning that he found it amusing when people actually mistook him for a girl, since he was never trying to 'be' a girl - he just dressed like one. For example, imagine a girl who shops in the men's department because she just likes to wear men's clothing. It was more or less the same with Haruhi (yeah, i know it's a lot more rare for a guy to shop in the girl's department, but if a girl can do it, so can a guy :p) From wikipedia: "[Crossdressing] does not, however, necessarily indicate transgender identity; a person who cross-dresses does not always identify as being of a gender other than their assigned gender."
His parents preference for a daughter was also a reason why he cross-dressed, but again, he wasn't a transgender. I'm sorry if that's disappointing to you, but I really know very little about actual transgender people and I really didn't want to go too deep into that, since I know it can be a sensitive subject, especially if portrayed in a comedic light (like most things in this game are). It wasn't really meant to seem that he magically became masculine in the end - he simply changed to the male uniform because he outgrew the female one, and due to that, stopped wearing his hair extensions as well. He still had the same personality after all :)
I also agree with what you say about Marin. As I mentioned before, I could have gone a lot deeper into her powers, but I kinda wasted the opportunity. And to be honest, I didn't really even think about giving Marin her own personal problems. The game was definitely focused 100% on the guys and their problems, leaving Marin to be pretty flat and bland for a protagonist. I'm trying to improve this in my game's sequel by giving the heroine her own problems and backstory.
Anyway, thank you for leaving your thoughts~ I really like hearing them and I'm glad you enjoyed the game! Also you gave me some really good things to think about!
ExceptionallyNormal wrote:When Marin gets home to her parents for Summer break, she's in her room after playing with Haruhi, he comes into her room to talk. And he asks her if she likes anybody from the school, and right after he says 'Like that scary guy with the red hair?', an error message comes up! :(

This is the link to the picture I took of it, to see if anybody could help.
http://s1079.photobucket.com/albums/w50 ... icture.png

Please, message me if you know what's wrong and please help me. The game just keeps getting better and better, and for it to stop like that is just torture, really! /':

Thank you so much. <3
Oh man, sorry about that :( This is a bug that has been reported a few times.
It seems to happen when your 'love points' with two guys are equal, so the game can't compute who you 'love' and therefor, you get the bug (hence it's called the ilove bug :P). Unfortunately the only way I've found to fix this is to start the game over and stay very loyal to just one guy, so the game won't get confused. If you need help with that, I have a walkthrough on my blog. I'm sorry for the trouble and that there isn't a better solution >_< I really need to upload version 1.4.. I'll try and get on that soon.

RenZero
Regular

#360 Post by RenZero »

I'll download it later, looks good, and I love otome's :D (although I'm a boy :lol: ).
Oh! And really thank you for uploading it to Mediafire.
I'll comment then about what I think of it, but I believe I'll like it, Its concept is really good.