(P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Message
Author
User avatar
greenheartnellie
Regular
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:30 pm
Location: Lalaland ~ ♥
Contact:

Re: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

#331 Post by greenheartnellie » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:19 pm

This is one of my faves! I immediately downloaded it when I saw it on renai :D Then when I played, I chased after Kaius but I got the bad ending. Then I played again and finally got him. I actually used the walkthrough I found to find the other endings..haha! I know, I just spoiled the fun for myself, but I really loved this one!

PS: OMG a (P)lanets 2?! I will be waiting for this :D
Can sorta write but CAN'T art so I am just here for the otomes! Ahihihi <3

braindead
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:09 am
Contact:

Re: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

#332 Post by braindead » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:37 am

I completed Kaius's route today and it was cool. Good job on this! I'm looking forward to more! :D

AzureNeon
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 7:44 am
Projects: Time Cessation
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contact:

Re: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

#333 Post by AzureNeon » Sat May 19, 2012 3:40 am

Nice game, I like it. Everything is cool Especially Kaius Lawl xD

Connie
Regular
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:57 pm
Contact:

Re: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

#334 Post by Connie » Tue May 22, 2012 10:44 pm

I really loved this one. You should make a sequel. One of my favorites for sure. KAIUS FTW!

User avatar
Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:28 am
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games
Location: Perpendicularly parked in a parallel universe
Contact:

Re: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

#335 Post by Crocosquirrel » Wed May 23, 2012 3:58 am

I seem to recall that there is such a sequel either in existence or will be soon.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

User avatar
Uruki-chan
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 6:35 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

#336 Post by Uruki-chan » Sun May 27, 2012 8:26 pm

Oh, yeeeeees! This game was soooooooooooooooooo good!! :D :D
The dialogues were so hilarious! There were parts were I grinned and laughed like a total idiot. I also loved your story-telling, which was very nice. And all characters were so charming since the characters had some depth.

Btw, I love Kaius! And of course his dork-dad. :)
I'm just that I'm biased to mysterious characters, tsunderes and that cat-love... Sooo adorable. Oh, did I mentioned his dad? His dad is awesome! He is embarrassing poor Kaius so much, while I was laughing so hard. :lol: And the scene in his room was so funny. He really thought that she wanted to sleep with him and was red like a tomato. :lol:
When Kaius told his sad story to Marin, I was on the verge of tears. It was soooooo sad. Poor him... Oh, I absolutely love his epilogue. He's such a sexy beast. :twisted:
Lucan
was kind of a "prince" and so innocent. But his story was quite uhm dark?! I mean, he was manipulating people and yeah, you could even get a bad end. He's such a bad boy!!! Even though he was really sweet with the bentous and the cake... :) Oh, and the unforgettable "save Lucan" action.
Ryuu
Uhm... Dunno what to say... I'm not really into "genki" characters and I dislike "players", so his route was a pain for me... But his "half-naked" scene after taking a bath was great. :oops:
Oh yeah... I thought it was REALLY disturbing, that
Haruhi came to Planets, but was never mentioned until he went home... (at least when it was not his route) But seriously... it felt so pointless, that he was visiting Marin

(especially in Kaius route) she didn't even said goodbye to him, when she left Planets and he didn't even come to see her, when she was collapsing... Well, it's the same with the other routes... It was a bit strange... Since when do lovers NOT care for each other?!

Lucan's disappearence in the middle of the date was not mentioned again...
But after all, I really loved this game! :D :D
Please keep up with your work!

User avatar
teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Posts: 911
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:25 pm
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate
Contact:

Re: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

#337 Post by teacup » Mon May 28, 2012 1:22 pm

greenheartnellie wrote:This is one of my faves! I immediately downloaded it when I saw it on renai :D Then when I played, I chased after Kaius but I got the bad ending. Then I played again and finally got him. I actually used the walkthrough I found to find the other endings..haha! I know, I just spoiled the fun for myself, but I really loved this one!

PS: OMG a (P)lanets 2?! I will be waiting for this :D
Thanks for playing! I'm glad you enjoyed the game and are looking forward to the second~
And I always use walkthroughs for games, I don't think it spoils the fun at all xD

It still shocks me.. that most players only seem to care about Kaius, LOL.
Well, thanks for the comments everyone~
And Darkspartan is correct, there is a sequel in progress, though it isn't a direct sequel. You can see its progress on my blog [there's also a thread in the WIP section here].
Uruki-chan wrote:Oh, yeeeeees! This game was soooooooooooooooooo good!! :D :D
The dialogues were so hilarious! There were parts were I grinned and laughed like a total idiot. I also loved your story-telling, which was very nice. And all characters were so charming since the characters had some depth.
Thank you for reviewing!
To address some things:
-Yes, Lucan was intentionally supposed to have the darkest route, since he is the lightest character XD I wanted to surprise people by making Lucan actually quite... evil. I mean, you do have to be pretty evil to brainwash that many people!
-Haruhi's visit to Planets is only significant in his own route, yeah. Otherwise, Marin is too busy with school to do much with him. She does have class everyday after all, she can't waste a lot of time playing with Haruhi! Also, Haruhi went home the day before Marin collapsed, so he couldn't have been there for her anyway [This is pointed out on the day Marin collapses]. And one last thing, Haruhi and Marin aren't/weren't lovers. Haruhi loved Marin, but it wasn't the other way around, as she feels that he is too young for her. xD So it was more of an unrequited love.
I hope that clears a few things up :D And I'm glad you thought the game was funny, that was my goal! Thank you for playing!!
Image

Skyechan
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 8:04 pm
Contact:

#338 Post by Skyechan » Mon May 28, 2012 8:47 pm

:D This was really great! Finished Ryuu's route first. He was adorable and his story was sad but very enjoyable. I usually like characters like Kaius or Lucan but Ryuu was really great. Anywho ill definitely be waiting for the sequel~ >FT<

User avatar
Uruki-chan
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 6:35 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

#339 Post by Uruki-chan » Tue May 29, 2012 1:36 pm

teacup wrote:
-Haruhi's visit to Planets is only significant in his own route, yeah. Otherwise, Marin is too busy with school to do much with him. She does have class everyday after all, she can't waste a lot of time playing with Haruhi! Also, Haruhi went home the day before Marin collapsed, so he couldn't have been there for her anyway [This is pointed out on the day Marin collapses]. And one last thing, Haruhi and Marin aren't/weren't lovers. Haruhi loved Marin, but it wasn't the other way around, as she feels that he is too young for her. xD So it was more of an unrequited love.
Ah, sorry, I messed up my sentence... ^^ I didn't mean Haruhi, but one of the guys Marin was "dating". They were not visiting her, when she collapsed and she didn't even said goodbye to them properly when leaving the school. Especially in Kaius route, since she does not even say farewell to him like to Ryuu and Lucan. I thought that it was quite heartless of her or him (whoever was at fault)... And even Ryuu was very "friendly" and definitely not loverllike when parting from her. I mean wouldn't one be sad for leaving or be left from one's lover?? That was a bit irritating.

User avatar
teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Posts: 911
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:25 pm
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate
Contact:

Re:

#340 Post by teacup » Tue May 29, 2012 7:41 pm

Saiytanya wrote:I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this game. It was sweet and unique. Although you can tell who the writter's favorite is. ;) there is a TON more dialogue with Ryuu.

As some other people mentioned I would really have liked to see Lucan's sisters, but alas, their adorableness was left to the imagination. I also think it would add a whole other dimension to Kaius's story if there were a CG or two for his flashback. The dialogue alone, while touching, doesn't really capture the full emotion of the situation. I'm also pretty sad that she lost her powers in the end, but, such is life.

Overall, though, I really enjoyed it  and I look forward to seeing more works from you. :)
Yeah, some people have told me it is really obvious who my favorite character is xD
But Ryuu also has the most dialogue because he is the most talkative guy. Lucan is shy and Kaius is antisocial, so naturally Ryuu will steal the spotlight most of the time!
I really wanted to put CGs at the moments you mentioned. I agree it would have made the scene more emotional. It was simply a matter of me being a one person team that caused me to not put in extra CGs... it would have been a ton of work for me ;_;
Anyway, thank you for the comments!
Skyechan wrote::D This was really great! Finished Ryuu's route first. He was adorable and his story was sad but very enjoyable. I usually like characters like Kaius or Lucan but Ryuu was really great. Anywho ill definitely be waiting for the sequel~ >FT<
Thanks for playing, I'm glad you enjoyed~ :3
Uruki-chan wrote:
teacup wrote:
-Haruhi's visit to Planets is only significant in his own route, yeah. Otherwise, Marin is too busy with school to do much with him. She does have class everyday after all, she can't waste a lot of time playing with Haruhi! Also, Haruhi went home the day before Marin collapsed, so he couldn't have been there for her anyway [This is pointed out on the day Marin collapses]. And one last thing, Haruhi and Marin aren't/weren't lovers. Haruhi loved Marin, but it wasn't the other way around, as she feels that he is too young for her. xD So it was more of an unrequited love.
Ah, sorry, I messed up my sentence... ^^ I didn't mean Haruhi, but one of the guys Marin was "dating". They were not visiting her, when she collapsed and she didn't even said goodbye to them properly when leaving the school. Especially in Kaius route, since she does not even say farewell to him like to Ryuu and Lucan. I thought that it was quite heartless of her or him (whoever was at fault)... And even Ryuu was very "friendly" and definitely not loverllike when parting from her. I mean wouldn't one be sad for leaving or be left from one's lover?? That was a bit irritating.
Ah, okay you meant that part >_<
Yeah, I understand where you're coming from with that. I already got some complaints on that before too. The only reason I can say for why that happened is that it was very sudden. Marin collapsed in the morning and was sent home just later on that day, so there may have not been time for a big farewell. I'm sorry it's not a great answer, but that was really just a mistake on my part in the writing that I can't justify well. I'll be more careful about those things from now on!
If you saw on my blog, I am planning to remake this game sometime in the future, and I'll definitely fix that in the remade version.
Image

User avatar
Uruki-chan
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 6:35 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Re:

#341 Post by Uruki-chan » Wed May 30, 2012 10:08 am

Woah, I'll be waiting for the remake! Hope you will have fun on working on it. :D

Aashei
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:21 am
Contact:

Re: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

#342 Post by Aashei » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:49 am

Hi, I'm new to otome games. I downloaded this but there's so many files and I don't know what to do. Please help..

User avatar
Uruki-chan
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 6:35 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

#343 Post by Uruki-chan » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:39 pm

Aashei wrote:Hi, I'm new to otome games. I downloaded this but there's so many files and I don't know what to do. Please help..
Hi, and welcome to the shining world of otome games! :D
I assume that you use Windows?
To start the game you just have to start/click on the (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended.exe file. Don't wonder about the other files, those are just files you need to start your game, since they contain graphics, music, code-source for the game. ^^ You don't have to deal with them. Just go with the .exe file and you'll be fine.

I hope, that was useful information. Have fun playing the game! :)
「僕だけのキミになってほしい。」(I want you to become mine alone.)

User avatar
Icookiieess
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:38 pm
Contact:

Re: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

#344 Post by Icookiieess » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:59 pm

OMG OMG! Love It :') <3<3<3 I am so in love with Kaius!!!!!!!! I keep hearing about epilogues? i just wondered can you tell me how i can get them because i already know what happens but i really want to see them for myself :) If its possible that is :) <3 :D :D :D

Lots of Love,
Rhi :!:

User avatar
AERenoir
Veteran
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

#345 Post by AERenoir » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:11 am

Uwaaah, this is so awesome! I like how there's an option to skip to skip all or just the seen text. I'm only like 5 minutes in and I'm already wowing over the programming, LOL... I'll post again when I'm further in!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users