Always the Same Blue Sky Version 2.0

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
crimsonnight
Veteran

Always the Same Blue Sky Version 2.0

#1 Post by crimsonnight »

Hi all,

I've significantly reworked my visual novel, Always the Same Blue Sky. I now believe that my initial vision has been fully realised, that Always The Same Blue Sky has achieved it’s full potential. Version 2.0 features brand-new systems such as multiple choices and dialogue paths, a second ending (based on the choices you've made throughout your journey), as well as numerous all-round improvements to ensure that your adventure is as engrossing as possible!

I've added extra discount codes to all versions, again, as thanks for the community's support - simply enter 'renpy' at the checkout. Enjoy, and I'd love to hear your feedback =)
Official Site: http://alwaysthesamebluesky.com/
Official Trailer: http://youtu.be/rN1L9Z6DIus
alwaysthesamebluesky.com

suikojay
Regular

Re: Always the Same Blue Sky Version 2.0

#2 Post by suikojay »

Wow, it's been like a year and a half since I last played this. But I gave your updated game a play-thru and enjoyed it (once again). The choices definitely were a nice addition.
I keep getting the same ending, though. Any chance u can give me a hint or a guide or something that has the choices that I need to pick to get the alternate ending? :mrgreen:
Last edited by suikojay on Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

crimsonnight
Veteran

#3 Post by crimsonnight »

Great, thanks a lot, very happy you enjoyed it :)
Lean towards the choices that you think will make Kira lose faith in humanity ;)
Remember you can hold control to skip to the choices!
alwaysthesamebluesky.com

suikojay
Regular

#4 Post by suikojay »

crimsonnight wrote:Great, thanks a lot, very happy you enjoyed it :)
Lean towards the choices that you think will make Kira lose faith in humanity ;)
Remember you can hold control to skip to the choices!
I got it just before I read your helpful spoiler comment by picking a bunch of random choices! I don't even remember which ones I picked, lol.

Alternate Ending Spoiler:
Wow, it seems like the alternate ending is a bad/unhappy ending. I was not expecting Kira to take the main protagonist out. That came as a bit of a shock to me, and when that happened, I kept thinking that maybe she'll return him back to life or something, somehow, and then there would be a happy ending, lol, which was what I was hoping the alternate ending would be. But alas, I guess it wasn't meant to be, lol.

crimsonnight
Veteran

#5 Post by crimsonnight »

suikojay wrote:I got it just before I read your helpful spoiler comment by picking a bunch of random choices! I don't even remember which ones I picked, lol.

Alternate Ending Spoiler:
Wow, it seems like the alternate ending is a bad/unhappy ending. I was not expecting Kira to take the main protagonist out. That came as a bit of a shock to me, and when that happened, I kept thinking that maybe she'll return him back to life or something, somehow, and then there would be a happy ending, lol, which was what I was hoping the alternate ending would be. But alas, I guess it wasn't meant to be, lol.
The funny thing is, I actually wrote the second ending back when I wrote the original, about 10 years ago lol, guess I've always had issues ;p I suppose due to the contract Kira was bound to, I never really saw the story going any other way... It also allowed me to write a pretty awesome sequel where the seven seas went into turmoil due to loosing its protector, leading the protagonist from Always to go on an epic Adventure to save the world... When I build up my game studio enough I'll make it into the next Zelda :p
alwaysthesamebluesky.com

crimsonnight
Veteran

#6 Post by crimsonnight »

Hey team, just to let you know that I've submitted the novel to Steam Greenlight, so any support you can offer there is greatly appreciated: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... e+blue+sky =)
alwaysthesamebluesky.com

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by philip »

Well, I finally got this new version downloaded and opened on my mac, and was able to play through it. Many, many thanks to CrimsonNight and Pytom for their hard work and troubleshooting to find and correct the problem in RenPy that prevented it from working on a mac. It is a very engaging story, the artwork, sprites and backgrounds are wonderful, and I found it to be very enjoyable - well worth the wait!

I have yet to try all the choices, but was able to find two endings, both of which were sad, but for different reasons. I guess that's called "life" isn't it?

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"