Ori, Ochi, Onoe.

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#91 Post by mikey »

OMG, Blackspider, it's been so long, how have you been? :P :P

I'm happy you liked the game, and if you only got the Onoe ending now, that is just 2/3 of the game's length. And the spoilers really spoil it... :( But no matter, I'm glad you took the time and everything, it's good to hear from you again.

Anyway, I like that people like Onoe. She started as a sort of side character, and her name wasn't in the game's title in the beginning - as it didn't begin with an "o".

Oh, I need to move on just a bit...
Alessio wrote:Got half an idea already... but in order to check I have to find that ending again first... note to self for next game: After a successful ending, show a possible solution path for this ending. :)
Actually Path II endings can all be achieved by different routes, there are always 2 or 3 ways to get them. And, in many instances a calendar could help... *another hint*

It's probably the final bigger easter egg of the game, there are a couple more, but they are just minor references and so... they shouldn't be too hard to find.

Alessio >> the confirmation for your theory is in the name of the ending.

BlackSpider
Regular

#92 Post by BlackSpider »

mikey wrote:OMG, Blackspider, it's been so long, how have you been? :P :P
I recently feel the need to live an alternate life maybe just for a short while :). That's why I jumped into renai games again, where unlike with reading books you can actually make choices that affect your future. As stated in some previous posts those choices may not always be clear but I do like that little random effect once in a while.

I had to play again to get Ori's ending though. Without looking at the spoilers I managed to get ending 5 of 9 - Eyes in my love. Playing form a saved bookmark and choosing the library path instead of the party path seemed fine at first but then Ochi's shadow spoiled everything :P. Anyway, next time if I want to see another ending I'll note all the spoilers because it's so frustrating to make hundreds of mouse clicks and end up with nothing :P

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#93 Post by mikey »

BlackSpider wrote:Anyway, next time if I want to see another ending I'll note all the spoilers because it's so frustrating to make hundreds of mouse clicks and end up with nothing :P
Hmmm... there is a more elegant way, but I suppose you don't want to waste time, so...
(use this if you are completely desperate and don't want to play trial/error, but haven't achieved 4/9 yet - it's probably better than highlighting other things and spoiling it, as the discussion in the spoilers is revealing a lot)
... use a combination of two certain keys anytime in the game to get the walkthrough... I mean if you want to get a walkthrough, you probably press a modifier key (conrol, alt or maybe the "other" one) and then what you would suppose is a letter that symbolizes a walkthrough... a Walkthrough you see...

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#94 Post by PyTom »

... then look around your disk for a bit ...
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

BlackSpider
Regular

#95 Post by BlackSpider »

Wow, now I'm really impressed. Does Ren'Py autogenerate such a pdf file on request for any game used with the engine or does the file need to be prepared earlier on for a specific game (O3 in this case) and merged with the game data?

Nice hint about looking at the disk folder PyTom... Thanks :)
I like the way you reveal spoilers Mikey : "maybe this key or maybe the other one" :).

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#96 Post by PyTom »

The pdf had to be pre-generated, and added to the game data.

I actually wrote a separate tool (part of project evil) that can take a control-flow based Ren'Py game and generate a walkthrough graph like the one that shipped with O3. It also has some other functions, like telling the probability of getting a particular ending by random clicking.

I then took the output of this program, ran it through graphviz, added in the k****y, and converted it to a pdf. The result is what you see.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#97 Post by Watercolorheart »

PyTom wrote:
added in the k****y, and
The what now? Somehow, that was censored. I'm trying to fill in the blank, and coming up with more blanks.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#98 Post by mikey »

BCS >> Well, you must have seen him in the walkthrough, as he indeed... was there.

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#99 Post by Watercolorheart »

mikey wrote:BCS >> Well, you must have seen him in the walkthrough, as he indeed... was there.
You know, you're going to kill me, but I never looked at the walkthrough.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#100 Post by mikey »

BCS wrote:
mikey wrote:BCS >> Well, you must have seen him in the walkthrough, as he indeed... was there.
You know, you're going to kill me, but I never looked at the walkthrough.
There's a positive way of looking at it - you're a brave player. Check your PM. :wink:

#101 Post by Guest »

mikey wrote:denzil >> Thanks, congratulations! I'm really happy!
Taleweaver wrote:Aside from that, a great experience I would gladly have paid money for. (You don't happen to have an account that takes euros? ^_^)
I do, but I would much rather know how you managed to get that cool O3 written... with the "3" as small superscript... ^_^
Write O, keep pressed ALT, write 0179 in the numeric keypad and release ALT; you'll get this:

So, the key combination is ALT+0179.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#102 Post by Taleweaver »

Guest wrote:Write O, keep pressed ALT, write 0179 in the numeric keypad and release ALT; you'll get this:

So, the key combination is ALT+0179.
There's also an easier way: On a German "QWERTZ" keyboard, the combination is the second ALT button (named Alt Gr here) and 3, combining to ³.

By the way, I cannot decipher the second (well, actually first) Words of Melody message. All I get is "Ovt", and that's not really a word -_-
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

BlackSpider
Regular

#103 Post by BlackSpider »

PyTom >> Well, great job anyway. Using an additional tool to generate such a walkthrough and bind it with the game is a very good idea.

Mikey >> Ok, my goal was to get ending nr 4. Wasn't easy even by looking at the walkthrough. It's a little messy :) At first try I was lost and ended up with 7/9 again. Then, I managed to finally get to part II and get both faces ending nr 4. Wow, it was almost another hour of gameplay. And I'm glad I know the complete story now. IMO Best Mikey VN I played so far. Especially in game music, well colored art and a nice menu do raise the overall value.
Last edited by BlackSpider on Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#104 Post by mikey »

Taleweaver wrote:
Guest wrote:So, the key combination is ALT+0179.
There's also an easier way: On a German "QWERTZ" keyboard, the combination is the second ALT button (named Alt Gr here) and 3, combining to ³.
Watch this 8) ... O³... thanks guys, and yes I also have the German Alt+Gr... either way ^_^

Taleweaver >>
...it's just two characters. And both are not necessarily letters.
:wink:

Blackspider >> Thanks, you should be safe now to look at all the spoilers, there is one more bigger thing that hasn't been revealed, but I'm sure people will find that as well... as said the bonuses don't necessarily continue the story, they just explain.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#105 Post by Taleweaver »

Duh. Okay, that makes sense. No wonder you were so eager to find out about O³ ^_^

One more thing we missed? Dang... I need to reread this entire thread now.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira