Ori, Ochi, Onoe.

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#106 Post by Blue Lemma »

It looks like you have a real winner here, mikey and gang! 8) This is the most professionally-done game I've seen out of the community yet (and there are some great things out there!) I think the custom menus and gorgeous art by BCS really make it stand out. Of course, there is the story, too :wink:

I played through all the endings, and the game was very entertaining. It had that mikey-feel to it. Although I'm more a fan of lighter games, it was still done well.
I'm noticing a trend of characters with certain disorders in mikey-games ^_^; Oh, and girls with glasses! (nah, that second one must be my imagination :wink: Hee hee)
The music matched the atmosphere well. Very surreal and creepy.

My favorite character is Onoe ^o^
Ochi freaks me out, although she provides beautiful steam background :wink:

Something didn't make sense to me, though:
One of the endings... ending 3 I think it was? The one you can get really quickly by eating vegetables and stuff and you break up? I didn't get the logic behind that one.
As usual, I'm looking forward to more mikey-games and now BCS-art 8)

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#107 Post by Watercolorheart »

Thanks, Blue Lemma. I had a guy approach me, DIS, about this project called Angel of Love ... I'm wondering if I should take the character art (he wants something like the Ochi/Ori/Onoe style) or if I should instead stick by my two projects I'm already working on.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#108 Post by mikey »

Taleweaver >> there is ond more... bigger thing, as I said there are a couple more minor references, maybe I'll jsut hint that there is a tribute to a certain non-ATP game, and actually specifically to a character in that game... It appears all through the game, even quite early on.

The bigger thing has something to do with the color red. Also, following the dates/days that the game mentions is vital - especially in the last part. It's a sort of... perfect pattern. But anything else than using the perfect one would be pure guessing. The pattern is related to the endings, especially to the 4/9 one.

Blue Lemma >> Thanks a lot, I know that O3 has probably no humor at all, maybe next time... Anyway, I'm glad you liked it! :P
Choosing weakness selects Onoe because she has the effect on Yoshiyuki that she neutralizes his natural submissive personality - in many ways Onow+Yoshiyuki is the only truly equal relationship. And the place that most will remind you of Onoe is the city (because you work with her). And choosing vegetables you do that because it's what you taught her to eat, if you remember Part 0 began with how Onoe had no time to make a nice salad, she started respecting herself more and taking the time to make and prepare food because Yoshiyuki was like that when he first came to the office.
BCS >> I think you have the ability to be very flexible in your drawing style. You know that I wanted strong, but feminine characters and really, you hit them spot-on. Even though your previous work was much more fantasy and science-fiction, more "imaginative", I would say... but it was really great how you did down-to-earth people, elegant simplicity.

Anyone who you decide to do art for can consider themselves lucky. But of course, always go with your gut feeling when choosing a project... it's kind of my philosophy. :P Alright, enough flattery, I'm biased anyway ^_^

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

An O3 reference?

#109 Post by Watercolorheart »

Check this, in the Escapist magazine in the e-mail they sent, I copied and pasted this:

"Julianne Greer: Editor's Note: Ubisoft: Ubi, Uber, UniWe came across Ubisoft. We paused. Several said, "Why?" Well, because they're huge. And, well, I don't know anything about them. How does that happen? Who is Ubisoft, anyway? Our interest was piqued, and so, hoping we weren't cats, we ran with the curiosity."

Somewhere there is a Ren'Ai fan, maybe?

But it's not in the actual link provided, only in the e-mail. :( http://www.escapistmagazine.com/issue/58/1

denzil
Veteran

Re: An O3 reference?

#110 Post by denzil »

BCS wrote:Somewhere there is a Ren'Ai fan, maybe?

But it's not in the actual link provided, only in the e-mail. :( http://www.escapistmagazine.com/issue/58/1
If you are talking about "Ubisoft: Ubi, Uber, Uni" then it is. It's about in the middle of 2nd column.
Practice makes purrrfect.
Finished projects: Broken sky .:. colorless day .:. and few more...

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#111 Post by DaFool »

I was stumped for a moment as I had no clue what this has anything to do with OOO.

It must be coincidence. Yes, coincidence :shock:

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#112 Post by mikey »

Coincidence... I think so as well, perhaps more the V3 pun... (veni vidi vici)... oh well. :P :P

Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: GO! Magical Boy (2006), Angelic Orbs (soundtrack)
Projects: Cyberlin (in progress)

#113 Post by Alessio »

Blue Lemma wrote:
I'm noticing a trend of characters with certain disorders in mikey-games ^_^; Oh, and girls with glasses! (nah, that second one must be my imagination :wink: Hee hee)
Yes, that's mikey's eyeglasses fetish! And O3 takes it one step further: Ochi produces eyeglasses! I'm wondering how he can top that one in the next VN! ;)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#114 Post by PyTom »

It's easy. His next game will be a G-on Riders fan game.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

denzil
Veteran

#115 Post by denzil »

Alessio wrote:
Yes, that's mikey's eyeglasses fetish! And O3 takes it one step further: Ochi produces eyeglasses! I'm wondering how he can top that one in the next VN! ;)
Maybe he will ship glasses to each player of his next game? :wink:
Practice makes purrrfect.
Finished projects: Broken sky .:. colorless day .:. and few more...

Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: GO! Magical Boy (2006), Angelic Orbs (soundtrack)
Projects: Cyberlin (in progress)

#116 Post by Alessio »

Good catch, Tom! :) My goodness. Unbelievable. I didn't know such a show existed. Wow. I'm sure mikey must have been involved in the process. :)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#117 Post by mikey »

Yeah, yeah just go ahead and make fun of me... actually... I prefer to call it "appreciation" rather than the f-word ^_^ (and yes, I do know that show, but I haven't seen it :( ... yet.

Anyway, it will probably not be surprising that I had glasses planned for every girl in O3... But it often gets scaled down, as everything. Overdoing it isn't good either. I guess... :?

It never gets mentioned, but Ochi's glasses company is called ex-G. This is derived from ex-Driver, a car racing anime, and although it symbolizes an innovative company, it is in fact a short form for ex-girlfriend. It doesn't have that much relevance in the story so I decied not to name the company - but the internal background names for those places (the bitmap BGs) remained titled exg.bmp and similar. Maybe PyTom wondered for just a second when compiling the game... but maybe not ^_^

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#118 Post by PyTom »

To be honest, the files were included using globs and regular expressions... So I didn't pay much attention to the individual file names. Too much to do, I'm afraid.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#119 Post by papillon »

Next project, an RPG where you switch your ready-to-cast spells by loading special lenses into your magical glasses!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#120 Post by mikey »

I need to put this back on track ;)

The last major thing we have hidden in the game has something to do with the color red, the organic-looking logo and the fact that days matter very much. It's possible to backtrack why certain things happened... and most importantly - that they COULD happen.

It's enough I suppose if someone even finds out what the connection is... I don't expect pen-and-paper work on this one, it's much harder to complete than the other thing.