Witch Spell

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Death_HUG
Veteran
Projects: A Mysterious Note

Re: Witch Spell

#31 Post by Death_HUG »

This was so cute >.< Everything was really nice, though some phrases were kinda awkward xD I really loved it! Though the emotes were annoying >3>

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#32 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

Wah, the story's so fluffy and nice! >.<
I enjoy it very much and I wonder if there are actually boys as nice as Jin and Hisato xD
I kinda got stuck with the typos and stuffs but manage to prevail :D

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#33 Post by Wright1000 »

I must say that I really liked the artwork. The anime-style exaggerations were funny and are worthy of my appreciation. The story wasn't bad because it did make me smile. The only thing I didn't like was the grammar. It did not let me sleep in peace.
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

chensterrain
Veteran
Completed: Lucky Rabbit Reflex!, Dusk ~A Moonlight Romance~
Projects: Edge of Elsewhere
Organization: Super63
Tumblr: supersixthree
Deviantart: chensterrain

#34 Post by chensterrain »

This game is super adorable! Your artwork is lovely (I really liked the colours you used along with that check pattern, those uniforms are sweet :)) and I really liked the music you picked, too. I think everyone else has already covered the little nitpicks I had, but still, great game overall. :D Good job~!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#35 Post by azureXtwilight »

Congratulations for your first game, it was shineh, sparkly and fun. :3 Good luck on your future games!

EDIT : One thing though, Akari just said "I don't like boys!" to Jin and then suddenly she confessed to him. I went WTF O-O And I'm sure Jin would, too XD
Last edited by azureXtwilight on Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

cosmo
Regular
Projects: | ZUKUNFT | Wayang Kulit - A Shadow Play (WIP version 0.1) |

#36 Post by cosmo »

mapletaffy wrote:Waah~ Thanks everyone for the positive feedback~ I didn't expect those. (T.T) *tears of joy.
@cosmo: Oh~ I'm sorry~~~ I will learn how to convert it to linux~
Hi! I want to thank you for your nice reply!
I must say that releasing a game for Mac or Linux is as easy as for Windows: The only thing you have to do is to tick off "Linux" and "Mac" after "Build Distributions" in the Ren'Py-launcher! :) It's that easy! It's great! And I always want to thank PyTom for doing this like he did here! :o)

… Maybe uploading your stuff may actually be harder than making a Linux or Mac release. But: better do it yourself and try it out. It normally should not take more than 3 minutes maybe ;)

I have to say that it is sometime even possible to use a Ren'Py game in the Ren'Py folder of the own Ren'Py installation even if it was made for a different platform – and start it with the launcher. But if you would like your game to be played by someone also after one year or more has passed … It will be better or even necessary to have a real build for other platforms. – And of course it is easier for the gamers! :) There are now some games available for download here through the forum that can't be played anymore on some platforms because the authors didn't take the additional 3 minutes… To make them playable again would today be really some work!!

The easiest may be to add a "all platforms" release.

It is of course your own decision :) Because it's your game!! – But seeing the many replies here, maybe it is worth to do it as it may enhance the popularity of your game! :)

Have fun! …
Project: Wayang Kulit - A Shadow Play
Status: First demo version "Proof of Concept" of my first project is out.

xBarahime2

#37 Post by xBarahime2 »

This one looks very interesting XD Downloading right now :D

ShirakiHime
Regular
Projects: Mermaid Revelation (GxB otome)

#38 Post by ShirakiHime »

azureXtwilight wrote:Congratulations for your first game, it was shineh, sparkly and fun. :3 Good luck on your future games!

EDIT : One thing though, Akari just said "I don't like boys!" to Jin and then suddenly she confessed to him. I went WTF O-O And I'm sure Jin would, too XD
xD i was wondering about the same thing lol xD

Poketto Kunoichi
Regular

#39 Post by Poketto Kunoichi »

I thought this was a cute little game. ^_^ The interface was great, the uniforms were sweet; I especially loved the chibi exaggerations. I will admit first I was bothered by how smitten Akari was, but I warmed up to her seeing her more introspective side. :) Great job on your first game. You have earned yourself a fan!

:P Can't wait to see more from you.

Valkyrie

#40 Post by Valkyrie »

I downloaded and played this game , yesterday. I loved this game . Keep up a good work :D

mapletaffy
Regular

Re: Witch Spell (with Cross-Platform Version)

#41 Post by mapletaffy »

Waah~~ Thank you guys for appreciating Witch Spell~~~ And sorry for late upload of the Cross Platform Version because last week is our midterms exam week (T.T)

@tuna_sushi: Waaah~ I didn't noticed that before~~ XD~ Thank you for letting me know~

@Arkon: Thank you for making an ending guide~~~(^_^). .And thank you for appreciating this visual novel~~

@pleasethinkofme: Yes~~ I don't speak english even in person~XD Yes~~ Next time I'll find a proofreader~~ (^__^)

@azureXtwilight:
Hahaha~ Yes~~ Once Akari tell Jin that she hates boys, That's an automatic Hisato Ending~~
@cosmo - wow~ Thank you for the guide on how to convert it to different platforms~~ I'm so afraid before to convert it because it might not work~~ but now I think it is okay~

Celestine
Veteran

#42 Post by Celestine »

:lol: :wink:
Congrats on your game! I played this the day after Halloween. It's really cute.
Akari makes me laugh.
I enjoyed it. It was fluffy and funny. :wink:
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

Lovely Explosions

#43 Post by Lovely Explosions »

Thank you for putting it up on the cross-platform! It was very cute, I enjoyed playing through it. It picked me up after a bad day. :) Please continue making games, I'm looking forward to another one.

droopy
Projects: things just for fun

#44 Post by droopy »

I played it now that you made the cross platform :) Yay!
The first thing that I thought when I was playing was "it's a very nice layout" with the textbox, menu, and so on.
The character artwork was fine and I thought Akari's expressions were funny! The backgrounds looked a bit weird to me but I don't think that's a bad thing in a free and short VN.
My only real problem was the sometimes bad English and smiley faces, but a proofreader would fix that so it's allright. English is difficult :P

I agree with everyone else that it was a great first game and I hope to see more in the future :D

KimiYoriBaka
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Castle of Arhannia

#45 Post by KimiYoriBaka »

an amusing story. 5 min. of reading well spent. I rather liked the comic cgs.

two things I would suggest that I don't think have been mentioned, I like the character design and the art is good, but try to make sure the positions of the pupils match when drawing the eyes. Your characters are cross-eyed a lot. Also, please don't make the buttons in your menus transparent. It makes them hard to read. Especially the bars in preferences. I had to guess on the position of the auto-speed bar...

still, good overall.