[Kinetic Novel] Soul & Heart

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

Re: [Kinetic Novel] Soul & Heart

#16 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

DaFool wrote:Yeah, I saw that section after unlocking the Bonus, lol duh.
Anyways... the ending was a bit weak, but it assumes that every General knew what a farce the whole system was... that's why they were able to eventually agree on the promotions.
Yep, I sort of understand that the ending's impact was a bit null, one of my beta-testers also told me that, tehehe. It's just that almost one-half of it's written while I was half-asleep, so almost nothing in it fits perfectly... XDDD

Desu_Cake
Veteran
Projects: Secret, Secret and Secret

#17 Post by Desu_Cake »

Okay, I finally got around to reading this (I was waiting until I had the chance to read it all in one go), and I really like it.
The music and art style set the mood really well, althouh a couple of the images look a little off.
The story was lovely, but I did get a bit confused at parts, especially when Calypso was around.
Overall, I really like it, even if it was confusing
(I suck at giving reviews)

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#18 Post by Aleema »

Played this, and I enjoyed it. I was really interested in where it was going, and learning about the world they were in. I didn't feel like everything was just explained to me, I had to figure it out, which I like. So it was sorta a mystery like that. But the opening scene was cool enough to keep me playing, and that's how they should be done - action and/or intrigue, to keep you playing.

There were a lot of social commentary, even if you didn't mean for it, but really, I think you meant to, and I respect you for it.
I do agree with what some people said about the ending, and how Calypso was confusing, but I feel that in its entirety, it stands apart from most VNs, and I think people should play it.
My favorite part was when Cetus attacked the meeting. The CG was really cool and I was excited to see what would happen next. Nothing really did, though. Well, there was a scene+CG, but everything returned to normal afterwards. The other CGs felt vaguely romantic and that was off-putting. And the military uniform for women was short, pleated skirts? That tells me all I need to know about this world they're in.
I really liked the use of colors. I didn't even realize I was playing the game in black/white until we shifted to color for flashbacks. And the music was the best. CGs were top-notch, and I even liked the font. It did bother me when the sprites would change expressions or appear during NVL sequences, because the box would flicker off and on again. Hard to read fast! But there was a lot to like about the game, so congrats!

I found a few typos:
"Cetus calms down and thinks before she suddenly open her mouth ..."
"Shut up! You pretend to argue last time so ..."
"You can dream" line doesn't have a period until you click again, and it shows up with the next line.
That's all I noticed.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#19 Post by MaiMai »

Oh, I'll have to play this later. I love kinetic novels hngh. I'll be sure to give my thoughts but congrats on your release!
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#20 Post by Camille »

Still waiting on the Mac version... ;_;

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#21 Post by Wright1000 »

I edited the script two times. First time after I finished proofreading Lumen_Astrum said that I need to proofread it again. All the changes I made first time were discarded.
Aleema wrote: "Shut up! You pretend to argue last time so ..."
I corrected that grammatical error when I edited the script the second time.
I don't understand why Lumen_Astrum didn't accept most of the changes I made.
I don't like it when I work hard on a script and correct the mistakes and someone decides to put them back in.
I'm really hurt. This is not a nice way to show gratitude to your proofreaders.
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

shanie019
Completed: N/A
Projects: N/A

#22 Post by shanie019 »

Hi :D I love your game :mrgreen:

While playing the game, I had a very 'awesome' feeling as I would describe it. Just as I would have whenever I'd read an interesting book that makes me read it to till' the very end.
Which is a good thing I guess? :mrgreen:

Also, awesome BGM! :mrgreen: Decisions, Conspiracy (Epic drum sides 8) ), Stranger are my favorites xD (Midnight Oil, Dark Cut! 8D)

Got me hanging in there though, it feels as if the story won't end there at all.
Seems like an open ended story, but that wouldn't give it uh...justice? I think? :oops: /shot

Also...What an epic storyline!!! :mrgreen:
What all about the Pagis organization are doing....making puppets out of previously humane people, taking away emotions and memories at that! Making happiness a forbidden thing...that gave me mixed emotions..

Made me realize, the feelings we all experience make us happy, sad, hurt are all there to make us alive and living..not dead and living.
No matter what experience you get..memories you take from feelings, they may be forgotten.
But no matter what, feelings will be forever in you. Subconciously or not.

Just as we can't escape fate, but we all still strive to continue living, even if all hope seems to be all lost.
Okay I suck at commenting :V kthnxbaiiloveyourgame
Hello! I don't have anything to say in my signature. Hahaha.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#23 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Thank you all!

@Wright: I was pretty busy with exams as I was going through all the editor reports, so I wasn't really able to go through the editor reports in detail. And I did tell you in the beginning to just list down all the typos, right?

@shanie019: I'm so glad, thanks! Reading that comment made my day :') And yes, that's the same exact thing I'm trying to convey! :D

@Camille: Ohgosh, sorry! I wasn't able to upload it, my internet was sorta lagging. Will post when the Mac version is up! Mac version is up! :)

Oh, and did I forgot to say? According to how all your opinions will go, I might make a sequel. I don't want to make a sequel that nobody wants, ahahaha. Soul and Heart consumed the majority of my thirteen-year old life, and I'm proud of it.

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#24 Post by Wright1000 »

Lumen_Astrum wrote:Thank you all!

@Wright: I was pretty busy with exams as I was going through all the editor reports, so I wasn't really able to go through the editor reports in detail. And I did tell you in the beginning to just list down all the typos, right?
When your exam is going on, it isn't the right time to release or edit a VN.
By the way, I did highlight all the typos and grammatical errors in bold.

SimonLayton
Regular

#25 Post by SimonLayton »

Finished playing it last night and it's awesome. :D

The story's cool, I especially love the BGMs (and how it all fits to the situations), and the characters are awesome too, and Calypso is very interesting indeed. There are some questions left unanswered, but I think that's the fun of it. xD You (or at least me xP )got to assume how this world came to be.

Maybe a sequel could help answer a few questions? :3 That would be awesome.

Anyways, great work. :D
Honest Critique
itch.io | avatar by crestforge

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#26 Post by SilverxBlue »

Stupid accident, I could have played this the moment it was released! *Headdesk*
Anyways, I'm downloading it, right now. I'll give my thoughts after I'm done playing. :D
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#27 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

@SimonLayton: That's the exact thing I was thinking about :3

@Wright: Grr, I don't need to explain everything why I have to do it in that time, no? My schedule's abnormal as of late.
And that's the reason why I want you to list it down, because I can keep track of everything you corrected.

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran

#28 Post by Wright1000 »

Fine, whatever.
Lumen_Astrum wrote: @Wright: Grr
So, now you are so angry that you are screaming at me.
Take a cold drink and calm down.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#29 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I should have capitalized every single letter and increased the font size if I want to imply I'm shouting at you.
And please, I don't even want you to tell me to calm down when you're the reason I'm "angry" at the first place.
Let's bring this to PM. I don't really like the idea of you of all people flooding my thread.

RainbowMusicAddict
Regular

#30 Post by RainbowMusicAddict »

I really loved this.
Then I saw where your inspiration,
and saw that the book The Giver was one of them.
I LOVE that book,
and as I was reading more into your story,
It reminded me so much of it,
but instead of only having the so called 'perfect life' as perfect weather and all of that,
it was about emotions.
I'd like to see a sequel to this >.>