The Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook (GxB, Commercial)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
xelacroix
Regular
Projects: beautiful girls

Re: The Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook (GxB, Commercial)

#31 Post by xelacroix »

too much story. get bored at 10 minutes.

Jami chan

#32 Post by Jami chan »

oops nevermind finally got the ending can't wait to get all the other endings. And Thank you!!!

applegirl
Veteran

#33 Post by applegirl »

xelacroix wrote:too much story. get bored at 10 minutes.
lol, what? The introduction is crucial to setting up the entire VN. There's a lot of information in the beginning, but I think it was told/written in a very fun/interesting way. If you play/read through the entire VN, you'll see a very well done VN that has great writing/art/characters.

Plus, a game by Sakevisual and Winter Wolves? If you've played any of their previous VNs, you'd know how high quality their releases are. I'd spend more way more than 10 minutes on a VN before dismissing it completely. I think this one in particular was very, very well done. Definitely worth every cent. To be honest, I think any VN with Sakevisual writing/Deji art/Winter Wolves collaboration means a very high quality release worth buying.

tl;dr: Seriously, give this VN a serious look if you haven't already. It's great and well worth the price tag.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#34 Post by jack_norton »

applegirl wrote:To be honest, I think any VN with Sakevisual writing/Deji art/Winter Wolves collaboration means a very high quality release worth buying.
Listen, because she speaks the Truth! :mrgreen:
If I remember well xelacroix complained already in the past about many other games saying that there's too much texts, so err... maybe VNs in general aren't for you? :P
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

xelacroix
Regular
Projects: beautiful girls

#35 Post by xelacroix »

jack_norton wrote:
applegirl wrote:To be honest, I think any VN with Sakevisual writing/Deji art/Winter Wolves collaboration means a very high quality release worth buying.
Listen, because she speaks the Truth! :mrgreen:
If I remember well xelacroix complained already in the past about many other games saying that there's too much texts, so err... maybe VNs in general aren't for you? :P
maybe i hate too much text game. but i do love ur previous game like spirited heart and Always remember me. do more game like this pls

applegirl
Veteran

#36 Post by applegirl »

I can't speak for Spirited Hearts:GL because that was actually the only WW's VN I haven't gotten yet, but I think this one and Always Remember Me has a lot of similar qualities. Great writing/adorable romances/beautiful art...I think Always Remember Me may have started off faster, but that was due to its story. This VN needed to set up a lot of information (because it had so many great, interesting characters) and believe me, it really shines as you read/play through it. I adore both this VN and Always Remember Me, so I highly recommend buying and reading Winter in Fairmount to completion. I think the only thing Always Remember Me has over this VN is the fact that Always Remember Me has a Cristina Vee theme song (which is amazing, let's admit it :)).

Again, not to beat a dead horse, but you should really spend more than 10 minutes on this one. It really is a gem. I've read/played VNs with a lot more text than this one and I don't see that as a negative at all! If anything, I hope Winter Wolves/Sakevisual can keep up this high quality output. I feel pretty confident to say they will (especially when I look at both their ongoing projects).

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#37 Post by Reikun »

Played the demo! *U*
The demo was pretty interesting, though it was hard for me to connect with the main character which made it a bit irritating to get through the dialogue.
I couldn't believe how non-understanding Natalie was of Susana's healthy eating lifestyle. And the less-than-a-sentence e-mail replies were pretty irritating too >__> I guess I just don't like very disorganized characters/people.
I probably wouldn't buy the full version on the basis of disliking the main character. I think Jacob had some good character development going on from what I could see from the demo though. Overall, art was amazing! I loved the mechanics/relationship bar/music. It's definitely a very well made game and I think it could appeal to a lot of people. As for me, not my type of VN I guess.
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Pyonkotchi
Veteran
Projects: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart, unLucky Love, Phantom Thief Asterism
Tumblr: magicalwarriordiamondheart
Deviantart: PastelPyon
itch: Pyonkotchi

#38 Post by Pyonkotchi »

Love it. I wish I coulda entered the fanart contest. might've gotten a chance to get it for free, but hey. i have no regrets :D

I love Natalie. this whole time through the game I'm sitting here like "oh god are you me?" except when Ryan told his ferrous wheel joke. i thought that was hilarious /dork
I loved all the characters. they're all so friendly and quirky *u*

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#39 Post by SilverxBlue »

I've been wanting to play this on my laptop, but when I downloaded and installed the demo I see nothing but a black screen, music's still there but other than that, there's none. It's weird cause the demo works just fine on my brother's PC, and other latest ren'py games have been working on my laptop (Cafe~0~ and Kansei, for instance), so I really don't know what's causing this.

Sorry to be a bother. ;__;
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#40 Post by jack_norton »

I think is the drivers, did you try pressing Shift+G and choose DirectX renderer? for some people this solved the problem! I tested the game on an EEPC (very low-end netbook) and was working (a little slow but working).
computer games

Aashtarsrain
Regular
Projects: Speed Dater Evolution, The Magistrate

#41 Post by Aashtarsrain »

:wink: Just bought it for my New Year's eve :lol: I really love the first game, the characters, the setting, the family story, the girls 8) and the farming sim too (can't stop watering and harvesting) !
So right now it's like going back to good old days and I'm really looking forward to meeting new people in that new great game of yours !
Thanks a lot and a happy new year to you Jack, full of amazing gaming (who said Mass Effect 3 :lol: ).

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#42 Post by jack_norton »

p.s. I'm looking forward to ME3 too, I love sci-fi more than fantasy :D
computer games

DahliaWilder
Regular
Completed: Imre's curse -The Prologue-, Secrets Unsung, Secrets Untold, Angels With Scaly Wings, Generations Rise, The Light at the End of the Ocean
Projects: Angels With Broken Hearts, Battle Royale For Your Heart, Camp Palut, 51ur8-90
Deviantart: Dahlia Wilder

#43 Post by DahliaWilder »

Awesome game!!
I keep getting the alone ending though...-.- I'm going for Steve, have 94 determination and 60 intelligence.. Am I missing something .__.?

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#44 Post by jack_norton »

No that should work! Assuming you have >90 relationship with him (this is done with the choices).
computer games

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#45 Post by SilverxBlue »

I tried pressing shift + G, but nothing's appearing, just the same black screen.
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!