The Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook (GxB, Commercial)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Aviendha

Re: The Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook (GxB, Commercial)

#61 Post by Aviendha »

Thank you^^

RotM

#62 Post by RotM »

Hi, I have the same problem with your demo as SilverxBlue: black window with music :( . Same with Adrift and SugarsDelight, but no problems with others games (Sacred Sand, Homeward, RisAm...). I've played most games of winterwolves and this is the first problem I've got... I have a log, hope it helps to find the problem...
Mon Sep 17 10:13:15 2012
Windows-2000-5.0.2195-SP4
Ren'Py 6.13.7.1646

Couldn't import angle renderer:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\Spiele\Adrift-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 1256, in make_draw
File "renpy\angle\gldraw.pyo", line 12, in <module>
File "renpy\angle\gldraw.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.
Unknown renderer: {0}.format(name)

Windowed mode.
Screen sizes: virtual=(1024, 600) physical=(1024, 600)
Vendor: 'ATI Technologies Inc.'
Renderer: 'MOBILITY RADEON X700 x86/SSE2'
Version: '2.0.5014 Win2000 Release'
Display Info: <VideoInfo(hw = 0, wm = 1,video_mem = 0
blit_hw = 0, blit_hw_CC = 0, blit_hw_A = 0,
blit_sw = 0, blit_sw_CC = 0, blit_sw_A = 0,
bitsize = 32, bytesize = 4,
masks = (16711680, 65280, 255, 0),
shifts = (16, 8, 0, 0),
losses = (0, 0, 0, 8 ),
current_w = 1280, current_h = 800
P.S.: Shift does not help

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#63 Post by jack_norton »

The log you posted is for adrift though. I think maybe you installed each game on the same directory? or press shift+G while playing the game and choose another rendered?
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

RotM

#64 Post by RotM »

As said, got the same with the 3 games. I just picked the log I had. Here is the one for yours:
Mon Sep 17 13:33:38 2012
Windows-2000-5.0.2195-SP4
Ren'Py 6.13.7.1646

Couldn't import angle renderer:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\Spiele\The Flower Shop - Winter In Fairbrook\renpy\display\core.py", line 1256, in make_draw
File "renpy\angle\gldraw.pyo", line 12, in <module>
File "renpy\angle\gldraw.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.
Unknown renderer: {0}.format(name)

Windowed mode.
Screen sizes: virtual=(1024, 768) physical=(930, 698)
Vendor: 'ATI Technologies Inc.'
Renderer: 'MOBILITY RADEON X700 x86/SSE2'
Version: '2.0.5014 Win2000 Release'
Display Info: <VideoInfo(hw = 0, wm = 1,video_mem = 0
blit_hw = 0, blit_hw_CC = 0, blit_hw_A = 0,
blit_sw = 0, blit_sw_CC = 0, blit_sw_A = 0,
bitsize = 32, bytesize = 4,
masks = (16711680, 65280, 255, 0),
shifts = (16, 8, 0, 0),
losses = (0, 0, 0, 8 ),
current_w = 1280, current_h = 800
The log is larger, but I think the rest is not important. It's clearly a render problem, but I don't know why it happens with just those games. Press shift+G does nothing.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#65 Post by jack_norton »

Ah you're running windows 2000 - I'm not sure Ren'Py still supports that!
computer games

Hannahchu
Regular
Projects: Morte. Deaths Kiss! I'm no boy! <3

#66 Post by Hannahchu »

Just had to say, I highly enjoyed the demo.

Chuu~

CtrlAltLee
Regular
Completed: Pizza Ditza, Som'thin' Short
Projects: The Despots Daughter
Organization: Nerd Eden Studios

#67 Post by CtrlAltLee »

Hehe! This is the first VN I ever bought! (I had a lot of fun in the demo, and I really liked the character art!) I got it from my Android tablet to have something to do between classes.
I enjoyed my first playthrough, though since I didn't know what I was doing, I was just kind of blundered along and got the all alone ending. I also got lectured by everyone at least once ;;' (You don't work hard enough, you're not serious enough, you are too jealous, etc.) Does the money do anything or is it just like a score at the end?

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#68 Post by jack_norton »

The money changes the endings (the epilogue you get after the romance scenes), but only the texts, not different images.
computer games

CtrlAltLee
Regular
Completed: Pizza Ditza, Som'thin' Short
Projects: The Despots Daughter
Organization: Nerd Eden Studios

#69 Post by CtrlAltLee »

Haha, today my husband mentioned this game. XD

"Hey, give me your tablet. I'm gonna play that game. You know, that one you're always failing at with the pretty boys."

otomegirl24
Regular
Projects: Kiss & Tell [WIP]

#70 Post by otomegirl24 »

I just purchased this game for $10 on Christmas Day when I found out it was on sale for 50% off until the end of the month. I ended up alone the first time around, but after using a walkthrough, I've gotten through 3 special endings. So far, Steve has been my favorite route... until I played Trent's route that is. XD

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#71 Post by Blane Doyle »

Alrighty. I am nearly finished with this game (and by that I am on my last route) so I believe I am ready to give some feedback.

To start with, the writing itself in this is much better in my opinion. The characters seem more natural and vibrant, and everything just sounds more fluid to me. I especially like how Natalie and Ryan are written, even though Natalie aggravates me to death through the entire start she sounds like girls I knew at work so she is believable.

However, it also has some of the same issues as the last game. Namely, it jumps and gets confusing. Again, I think this is the fault of working with the format and not having (more in this case) mandatory events. Again, we can skip EVERYTHING and get almost no story if we want to and be extremely confused when the one mandatory event shows up.

There is one specific instance that made me confused.
It is when Natalie delivers cupcakes to Trent. Up until this point we've only seen that Natalie is either confused by or does not like what she is eating. But she says she isn't surprised that something by Susana tastes good. The sudden jump caught me by surprised. I think this scene would have made more sense if it showed up AFTER the event with Trent making eggplant where Nat says she is getting used to the food or adding a mandatory event/narrative that shows she is getting used to everything more.
Honestly, again, I think this is more of a case of the format than the writing itself. It just needed more scenes and detail in some places.

There was also one instance where the sprite did not match up with a description (Steve wearing his coat when he says he needs to grab his coat), but I think that was just a sprite mistake.

The art, well, it looks great. I can't say much more other than it looks slightly better in my opinion. I loved the character designs in this as well. They are smushed like in the last game on my phone, but they still look good despite that.

The music... was a sour point for me. Or, rather, the lack OF music. Again, pulling up a specific instance. The one mandatory event, the whole long scene... has no music. While the writing was good enough to keep me engaged, the lack of suspenseful or drastic music hurt it for me simply because of this medium. Just one long good track would have helped the tone significantly in my opinion. However, what music was there? Was nice. I liked it.

As for technical stuff... Oh boy. I really wish I bought this for the computer instead of my phone because... it is worse than the first game in terms of compatibility issues. It has the same line gap problem, but it also lags (mainly when you schedule your week), and it is nearly impossible to see parasites against the dark soil in the flower bed with my tiny screen. I had many a flower get almost completely infested before I noticed so I had to click each flower and check each morning and extra work day to be safe.

I have no doubt the PC and Mac versions did not have these issues so this probably stupid decision on my part for picking a port.

But despite all the negative points above? I enjoyed the game a lot. Much like SIF I will most likely replay WIF at a later date. In the end the game is good, entertaining, well done overall, and it is fun, and that is what matters in the end with this sort of game in my opinion.

Again, apologies for the excessively late feedback. Now I am off to play some Corpse Party before picking up Always Remember Me!

(I'd also give this game a 7/10 if I had to, ignoring the compatibility problems. The music and extra events would bump it to an 8, however.)

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#72 Post by jack_norton »

Thanks for the feedback. And yes I think apart "pure VN" without gameplay, is really better to get the games on desktop computers. Even with a 10" tablet I have problems to play them myself. I made the Android port just because some people asked and I could do them easily, but desktops will always remain my main focus, also because there are too many compatibility issues on Android. I tried to submit Heileen (very simple VN) to Amazon appstore and the game wouldn't work on half-phones :D
computer games

okiness
Regular
Projects: Puella Nomen Invenio
Organization: ONP

#73 Post by okiness »

This is going to sound lame but the one reason I simply cannot buy this is because the character's name is Natalie. My sister-in law is named that and it makes me uncomfortable. I want it so badly but everytime I play the demo I'm like, crap.

KoalaThingy

#74 Post by KoalaThingy »

Bought the game for android ^^
And really liked it :)
Are there any differences with the pc/mac version?
Great game love the artwork.
Have fun and be yourself :$
http://www.koala-thingy.blogspot.com

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#75 Post by jack_norton »

No there aren't differences, apart for running slower on Android :)
computer games