The Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook (GxB, Commercial)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Stargirl18
Regular

Re: The Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook (GxB, Commercial)

#16 Post by Stargirl18 »

okey thank you for answer my question jack_norton. I have a suggestion for you. Next time you is going to make a Flower Shop game incloudere GirlXGirl and BoyXBoy in it. I know you are bust whit to make your other games. And i really like your games and is bigfan of your games. You is doing god work whit your games.

Benazir
Regular

#17 Post by Benazir »

Does the sum of money, earned by Natalie, affect anything?

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#18 Post by sake-bento »

Yup. The endings change based on how much money you made.

Benazir
Regular

#19 Post by Benazir »

Thank you for your quick reply. :)

lillyisawesomeee

#20 Post by lillyisawesomeee »

This is one of those days I wish I had money. ;________;
But it looks like you guys did a great job with the game and I really enjoyed the demo.

I wonder if I can get my parents to get it for me this Christmas. Congradulations, guys!

iwasactuallystalkingthisgameprettyhardjustthedaybeforeitwasreleasedandidkevenwhylolol<33

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#21 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Why do I keep on getting the alone ending? T_T I'm pretty sure I raised all my stats properly and got Steve's relationship rate to maximum, but the alone ending is all I get... D:

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#22 Post by jack_norton »

For Steve you need Determination >=80 and Intelligence >=60
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

evility
Regular
Projects: 翔-Ailes; The World of Homework (on hold)

#23 Post by evility »

jack_norton wrote:Well I just made a "fan art" competition on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Winter-Wo ... 4462349311
1. pick ANY character from my games and draw fan art
2. submit to the FB app (you need to like my FB page first)
3. the three fan art images with more votes will win a coupon to get a free game (valid for any of my games, not just this one).
We can't submit multiple entries, can we :S?
I'm asking because I have multiple sketch ideas XD.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#24 Post by jack_norton »

Well for now submit one, if there aren't enough entries will allow two submission each person (I think is very likely since got only 2 so far).
computer games

Thelo
Regular

#25 Post by Thelo »

I've bought this game recently, did one playthrough, and so far I'm impressed. The writing in particular stands out as especially good, a real improvement over the first Flower Shop - practically all the characters are very interesting and likeable (though I'm still waiting for Jacob to grow a spine), and the whole game just radiates a very heartwarming feeling. Just what I needed after a stressful workday. :)

Edit: One thing I like about the game is that it kind of encourages you to not just focus on one stat / one guy, by having two separate stats per guy and having at least the general store be a place you need to visit regularly. Pretty often, these kinds of games have gameplay that encourages you to ignore everything that's not directly related to the person you're going for, and thus you end up never interacting with the other people while going for one of them, which just feels like a disappointing waste. So it's refreshing when the game mechanics encourage you, as the player, to choose to interact with other people as well, without punishing you for it. Well, in the case of Winter in Fairbrook, since there's two required stats per guy, it encourages you to interact with at least two guys on each playthrough. :wink:

I wonder how a game could push this even further, and explicitly encourage you to hang out with several different people, even if there's one of them in particular you have an eye on. It just feels fun to be allowed to do something else than "spam" one person in particular. There might even be some sort of life lesson in there. :P

berry_madeleines

#26 Post by berry_madeleines »

~4 month lurker of lemmasoft forums here lol, I just wanted to let you know how cute, funny, and enjoyable this game was! I would've commented earlier, but I was only able to play today since I split this game with my friend, and she forgot to tell me she already activated it for me on my computer! (yes, we divided the cost...don't be mad? xD we're sowwy!) Anyway, I wanted to ask about Ryan's path. It wasn't noticed by my friend, so she couldn't explain it, but:
I got confused when, after reaching 80 intelligence, Ryan and Natalie acted like it was the first day/week of tutoring (???). She joked that his statement of "checking her foundation" was a pickup line, and they got into an argument since she thought the math was boring. Then they made up, and he tried to make a real joke (Ferrous wheel, haha). However, back when I reached around 60 intelligence, Natalie complained Ryan was being too formal. She said she wanted to help him be more social, but since their last jokes didn't go so well... (sound familiar? though at this point I didn't remember any jokes, at least not until the 80-int scene). So yea, I kinda got a bit lost.
Now, it could be that I just have a lack of understanding, and I got it all wrong o_o In which case, I apologize for the awkwardly long post! Your game rules, and I hope to play more!
Last edited by berry_madeleines on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LizBeth
Projects: A Cat with One Life

#27 Post by LizBeth »

Still working my way through the original Flower Shop, but this looks very good, especially the farming minigame!
I'm not much of an artist, but is the contest still open? I've got Steve's head so far, and it's not too far off (although I've been starting at a screenshot of him the entire time). haha.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#28 Post by jack_norton »

Yes the contest is still open - actually if we don't reach at least 10 entries I'm going to extend it some more days/weeks. Rewarding 3 people if there are less than 10 entries seems a bit weird :)
computer games

Jami chan

#29 Post by Jami chan »

Please help me! I just bought the game, and got the alone ending 5 times. I was going for Steve, I know what stats to lv up for him and his relationship with me is excellent. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. (maybe I'm not making enough money)

redpandastudio
Regular
Completed: Curse of Slate Rock Manor, The Host Holic, Nowhere Safe 1 & 2
Projects: Harvest Festival: All Signs
Organization: VisualNovelGames.com

#30 Post by redpandastudio »

Jami chan wrote:Please help me! I just bought the game, and got the alone ending 5 times. I was going for Steve, I know what stats to lv up for him and his relationship with me is excellent. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. (maybe I'm not making enough money)
If you look in the spolier below this between "--" and "--" by highliting, you will find the needed stats. Jack posted about this above, so it should be right. :)

--
For Steve you need Determination >=80 and Intelligence >=60
--