Firefly second edition (commercial, fantasy & mystery)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

Firefly second edition (commercial, fantasy & mystery)

#1 Post by Anna »

This is an updated release, here's the thread for the first edition. Thanks for all the comments, we decided to make this updated release based on your feedback. If you've purchased the previous version, we'll send you an email soon with information on how to get the updated version for free.

Story
One fateful night, the mischievous thief Esta sets out to rob yet another unsuspecting nobleman of his riches. However, the mansion she targets turns out to be completely abandoned except for the, in her words, whiny and incompetent Yoru. Nevertheless, to her annoyance, she ends up having to take this young man along on her adventures. But despite his appearance, he might be more involved in the town's upsets than she realizes...

Technical information
Firefly is a kinetic novel (so no choices) with an estimated playtime of around nine hours. It uses a custom engine which allows us to use some fancy graphical effects. The image resolution is 1280x720, but it uses 1024x576 if your screen doesn't support that. You need Java 6 or later installed (on Windows you'll get a popup warning if you don't have it).

So what changed?
  1. The engine has been completely rebuilt to look and work much better, especially on slower computers (netbooks).
  2. The text box now switches between a small text box at the bottom of the screen and a full screen text box. The full screen text box is only used for long monologues/narration.
  3. A number of small bugs and typos have been fixed.
Promotional Video

Demo
Windows/Linux, Mac

Full version & More info
Project Page

Once again, thank you all for the feedback and happy holidays! :D
Last edited by Anna on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlessNaph

Re: Firefly second edition (commercial, fantasy & mystery)

#2 Post by AlessNaph »

ah, thief .. i like it ^^ maybe i will try it

maypaymusic
Regular

#3 Post by maypaymusic »

hello, I still haven't gotten an email for the updated version and I have bought the previous version.
♥Sometimes we must get hurt in order to grow, we must fail in order to know, Sometimes our vision clears only after our eyes are washed away with tears...♥

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Anna »

maypaymusic wrote:hello, I still haven't gotten an email for the updated version and I have bought the previous version.
Hi, can you PM me your e-mail (the one you entered to purchase the game with)? Because I sent the updated version to every buyer's e-mail.

If you don't remember that, then please PM me your first name and I'll be able to find you in the list as well :).

Edit: Found you! Sent you a PM here ^^.

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#5 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Seems interesting ! The art style is hilarious ! Fantasy genre is not really my taste, but it's still worth to read it (unfortunately, commercial....*sigh)
Nevertheless, I want to download the demo version and I'll drop by some feedback later ^^
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Anna »

We have a free game which you can play too though (Nanolife, in my signature), which is also a much more recent one ;)

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#7 Post by Blane Doyle »

PST: The video isn't loading for me on this page at all, just so you know.

I just got a new android phone this Christmas and was planning on buying the full version of the original. Are there going to be changes made to that version as well or is this a computer only update for now? (This is probably a really dumb question, but I felt I should ask.)

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Anna »

Blane Doyle wrote:PST: The video isn't loading for me on this page at all, just so you know.

I just got a new android phone this Christmas and was planning on buying the full version of the original. Are there going to be changes made to that version as well or is this a computer only update for now? (This is probably a really dumb question, but I felt I should ask.)
Yeah the video isn't loading for me either, I don't get why but I'll fiddle with it a bit more in a moment.

Haha, it's fine, questions are never dumb :). Both the PC and Android versions are final (aside from engine updates if someone experiences a crash). There are some differences between the two versions though: the PC-version has more/better special effects and a higher resolution, which is why the Android version is half the price.

edit: mwaha, I got the video working again~