[SciFi|Adventure]Adrift

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

Re: [SciFi|Adventure]Adrift

#46 Post by Samu-kun »

I have now been slapped with a bad end within the first 20 minutes of the game twice. Is there a possible way to progress without resorting to combinatorics? I am convinced that the game is sadist and wants you to fail. Again and again and again...

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#47 Post by Taleweaver »

Samu-kun wrote:I have now been slapped with a bad end within the first 20 minutes of the game twice. Is there a possible way to progress without resorting to combinatorics? I am convinced that the game is sadist and wants you to fail. Again and again and again...
Wow... both bad ends? One of these two bad endings is actually pretty hard to find... I'm impressed!

Actually, it's not that hard to progress. Find a way to contact someone who might possibly help you, find a way to fulfill that person's needs, and you're on your way to the middle part of the game.

Might as well give out the guide to the game a little ahead of time... you people have deserved it:
ADRIFT guide.pdf
(887.43 KiB) Downloaded 2768 times
Have fun!
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#48 Post by Reikun »

Started playing this game today and got one of the bad endings? xD
The one where the bugs break into your senses deprivation chamber and kill you?!
Haha! It was fun :3 I'm definitely going to get all the endings and unlock all that stuff in the extras @___@;;; One day!!
My favorite character is Minako! She's so sweet xD
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#49 Post by Wright1000 »

Finally, finished this game yesterday. Got 14 out of 16 endings.
It took me a long time to complete this game. But, don't get the wrong idea, it's not because I am a bad gamer. It's because I was a little busier this month.
I think I found a bug. I'm not sure whether it was intentional, so I think the best thing would be to tell it to you.
When I was playing the game to get the harem ending, I was using Erika's route. After the harem ending, the ending screen is shown and then the game doesn't return me to the main menu. Instead, the original Erika route continues.
The story was great but there was only one thing I couldn't understand.
How did Hinami activate the cameras just by singing? It wasn't explained in the good ending.
The concept is good, but I don't think if population continues to grow, people will send some of us underwater. I believe people will be sent to other planets instead.
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer

#50 Post by Taleweaver »

Wright1000 wrote:I think I found a bug. I'm not sure whether it was intentional, so I think the best thing would be to tell it to you.
When I was playing the game to get the harem ending, I was using Erika's route. After the harem ending, the ending screen is shown and then the game doesn't return me to the main menu. Instead, the original Erika route continues.
Eyup, that's a bug. Looks like I have a Call instead of a Jump somewhere. I'll fix it in version 1.1
The story was great but there was only one thing I couldn't understand.
PM on the way soon.
The concept is good, but I don't think if population continues to grow, people will send some of us underwater. I believe people will be sent to other planets instead.
The ocean is much closer than the next possibly habitable planet, don't you think so?
More about me in my blog

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#51 Post by Samu-kun »

On the other hand, bio-domes might be easier to build on the moon rather than under the ocean where there is immense water pressure. A large space station-like bio-dome orbiting Earth might actually be more readily constructed in the future than an undersea city.

Derp, too much thinking...

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#52 Post by PyTom »

Isn't Bluetide in relatively shallow water, though? A few hundred feet or so? That's a depth you can get to with relatively little energy - build something big, and sink it. Space requires 10 km/s or so just to start playing the game, and that's a lot. We have submarines that can stay at Bluetide's depth indefinitely - food and such would be a matter of engineering, rather than needing fundamental breakthroughs.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

#53 Post by Taleweaver »

The real challenges Bluetide has to face:
1. Generate an atmosphere with enough oxygen for 9,000,000 people. Constantly cracking the CO2 these people exhale will need an immense amount of energy; most of the power production of the tidal power plant probably goes into that alone.
2. Set up a recycling routine that comes close to 100% efficiency - Bluetide has to be at around 99.9999% to be self-dependent. (The sea water around the city will only supply a very limited range of "ingredients" for production.)
3. Manage the society so that it breeds neither terrorism, nor civil unrest, nor war of any kind. Violent outbreaks could be catastrophic to a city that sits a few hundred feet underwater, and a single demented suicide bomber could kill off the whole city. In Bluetide, it worked for over a hundred years so the AIs must be very good at that. A hundred years without a major unrest is a LONG time!
More about me in my blog

IchigoNeko

#54 Post by IchigoNeko »

Yay, a guide! I like how you made it much more detailed than just a list.

*looks at
Minako's path

...Yup, I don't think I would have ever thought of doing that.

Thanks for releasing your guide~!

Norren

#55 Post by Norren »

This is inspiring! ^_^

Adrift is the first VN I've played so far, I like it! Although it feels like you left an option out in Minako's route because of the breadcrumb trail for the beginning for Erika's route.
It seriously feels like the wireless modules you crank out in the factory could be used to bypass the whole goofy mess in chapter 3, to say nothing of just having the fabber crank one out.
I also feel like a colossal dolt for managing to miss both Hinami and Erika's "normal" ends by dumb luck at first.
Hinami's good end is the only one that actually feels like a good end tho'... Also. it is a CRIME that DRU and Hinami did not get to talk to each other. I can only imagine the incomprehensible conversation that would result from such an event. I totally want to skip Sachiko's endings now and just weld her to death.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

#56 Post by Taleweaver »

Adrift is now also available from Download.com. For those of you who don't trust the usual filesharing sites.
More about me in my blog

icecheetah
Regular

#57 Post by icecheetah »

I finished this game a little while back, including getting all the endings, and I have to say you did a REALLY splendid job! I'm not sure whether I like Hinami or Minako more, and DRU is BRILLIANT! I love it when DRU gets sarcastic. His lines are hilarious.

I went for Minako first, and before the guide was released.
I went to this thread looking for answers and what other people thought. But all I got was that you had to do something unintuitive for Minako. So I did something unintuitive... and it wasn't unintuitive enough!

I really love the music here, and I find listening to the opening really relaxing.

It may have been difficult, but it was enjoyable, and one of only two games (so far) that had me wanting to play for ages.

Edit:
I had the same glitch Wright1000 had with Erika and the harem route when I went Via Hinami's route. I found it very confusing.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

#58 Post by Taleweaver »

icecheetah wrote:I had the same glitch Wright1000 had with Erika and the harem route when I went Via Hinami's route. I found it very confusing.
I'm going to get rid of that glitch in V1.1. Just not sure when I'll have the time to work over it all again.
More about me in my blog

Zay

#59 Post by Zay »

I am so frustrated right now.
After reading the guide, I was easily able to get all the endings for Minako, Erika, and Hinami.
I saved Sachiko's path for last, because her character didn't appeal to me as much as the others did.
No matter what I do. I get the bad ending
the one where the beetle things kill you
I have poured over the guide again and again.
I have played every combination of choices I can.
And every time, the exact same ending.
I am frustrated with this crazy woman, so much so that
I take an inordinate amount of pleasure in the results of letting her threaten the seaweed
Does anyone have a word of advice that will end this torment?

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

#60 Post by Taleweaver »

Zay wrote:Does anyone have a word of advice that will end this torment?
I do. You have a PM coming in.
More about me in my blog