[SciFi|Adventure]Adrift

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Zay

Re: [SciFi|Adventure]Adrift

#61 Post by Zay »

Taleweaver wrote:
Zay wrote:Does anyone have a word of advice that will end this torment?
I do. You have a PM coming in.
Thank you so much! I don't think I would have ever figured it out!
And, now that I was able to reach her endings, I think I like Sachiko a bit.
Her endings explain things I had been wondering about.

Thank you for a marvelous game Taleweaver!

dorne
Regular

#62 Post by dorne »

This is the second VN I have played, and I really enjoyed it. The SciFi genre felt immersive here. I liked that you used remote sensors and speakers to interact within the city, and I hope to find more of this type of narrative.

I am not a big reader, so in my impression I thought that this work would also count under the
horror genre

Maybe I am just squeamish... :?

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#63 Post by Taleweaver »

dorne wrote:This is the second VN I have played, and I really enjoyed it. The SciFi genre felt immersive here. I liked that you used remote sensors and speakers to interact within the city, and I hope to find more of this type of narrative.
If you're into Interactive Fiction, try to find the game that inspired this, Suspended. But be warned: it's tough!

As for your genre assessment: it wasn't written with that intention. If it works for you like that, however, then that's okay too. The movie version of Watership Down, a piece of children's literature, has this effect on some people too.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#64 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Taleweaver wrote:The movie version of Watership Down, a piece of children's literature, has this effect on some people too.
Watership Down was never intended for children. Just saying.
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer

#65 Post by Taleweaver »

Tsundere Lightning wrote:
Taleweaver wrote:The movie version of Watership Down, a piece of children's literature, has this effect on some people too.
Uh, Wiki says:
Wikipedia wrote:Watership Down began as a story Richard Adams told to his two daughters, Juliet and Rosamond, on a long car journey
More about me in my blog

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#66 Post by Wright1000 »

Where can I find Suspended?
Is it available on the Internet?
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

dorne
Regular

#67 Post by dorne »

Wright1000 wrote:Where can I find Suspended?
Is it available on the Internet?
I sent a PM on that. Wikipedia has the answer you are looking for.
Taleweaver wrote: If you're into Interactive Fiction, try to find the game that inspired this, Suspended. But be warned: it's tough!
Yes, I can see the influence clearly! You are right about it being tough, thanks!

applegirl
Veteran

#68 Post by applegirl »

I must say, this was a masterful science fiction VN, I believe it to be among the best scifi I've ever read. Incredibly immersive and original, fantastic job. I understand now why your VNs were recommended to me and I know I'm looking forward to the next release. My standards for OLEVNs have been raised again and I thank you for that.

Also, I must ask if I could get some hints for Sachiko. I cannot get her good ending and that is tormenting me. I followed the guide (and managed to do quite well for the other characters), but she still eludes me. Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#69 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Taleweaver wrote:
Tsundere Lightning wrote:
Uh, Wiki says:
Wikipedia wrote:Watership Down began as a story Richard Adams told to his two daughters, Juliet and Rosamond, on a long car journey
Well, wipe the egg off my face. It's not a story I'd read to a kid, is all.

Also, downloading and will give you my thoughts.
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

applegirl
Veteran

#70 Post by applegirl »

Thanks Taleweaver, I honestly never would have gotten Sachiko's good/normal ending without your tips! Having reached 14/16 endings (finally!! :mrgreen: ), I must say again that you really did a masterful job with this visual novel. I have to admit that this visual novel tended towards the area of visual novels that I rarely read. But it was only a few clicks into this visual novel that I felt completely immersed and wondering where I could find a visual novel just like this. Excellent immersion and writing that made me feel like I was part of a world beyond reality. I have to admit that Sachiko was the first girl who I sought help from (not realizing the higher difficulty of her route until it was too late :lol: )

Ah: spoilers ahoy!
Wow. I was completely caught off guard with the revelations in Sachiko's normal route, but in a very good way. I never considered the possibility that she could be a female clone of the Supervisor, but it made so much sense re-reading this visual novel. Her actions and unnatural knowledge of everything (as well as her ability to manipulate so much) made me automatically suspicious that something was up. But I never imagined that her real identity, or her motivations in sending those messages. Yes, she wasn't the nicest person (to put it mildly). But you made me care about her, and all the other unique characters. Darn good job.
If we do go through with a visual novel poster for the OLEVN community, this is an automatic recommendation from me for such a list. Truly superb, I'm really kicking myself for not playing through it sooner. I must also say: regardless of whether you put romance in your future visual novels or not, I don't care. As a reader who has now read a very impressive visual novel from you, I know any release will be high quality. Thanks again, for making this visual novel and thanks for whoever recommended for me to read your stories.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

#71 Post by Taleweaver »

Thanks for the nice words! Choosing either Sachiko or Minako for your first helper can be a really bad idea, so I'm glad you still stuck to the game. Also, your feedback is a great relief to me - apparently, the story worked out better than I thought it would.
More about me in my blog

Thelo
Regular

#72 Post by Thelo »

I've completed all endings a few days ago, and I'm still finding my thoughts drifting towards this world and its inhabitants, even now. You, sir, have done an excellent job, and after enjoying Adrift and Zenith Chronicles, I look forward to enjoy more of your works!

Edit: ... is what I'd like to say, but the first thing I click on your signature, Daemonophilia, links to Megaupload, so that's easier said than done! The other links seem to work well though.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

#73 Post by Taleweaver »

Thelo wrote:Edit: ... is what I'd like to say, but the first thing I click on your signature, Daemonophilia, links to Megaupload, so that's easier said than done! The other links seem to work well though.
Try again.
More about me in my blog

Thelo
Regular

#74 Post by Thelo »

Taleweaver wrote:
Thelo wrote:Edit: ... is what I'd like to say, but the first thing I click on your signature, Daemonophilia, links to Megaupload, so that's easier said than done! The other links seem to work well though.
Try again.
That worked, thanks!

Gavrilo

#75 Post by Gavrilo »

I've been reading Lemma Soft Forums for a while, but now there was no choice: I just had to register and comment directly in this thread. The Dreaming had already impressed me, so Adrift came as a thunderbolt of surprise. And I'm not talking about "Oh, they are good... for OELVN", no, they are among the best novels I've played so far. Sorry for not being very objective, but that's what I feel. Anyway, some more elaborate thoughts on Adrift:

- As a science fiction lover, the way you approached technology was quite engaging: solid explanations, imaginative uses and the initial interaction through robots. The highly technical language did get a bit confusing sometimes, but nothing outrageous.

- Wonderful setting. Exploring Bluetide was an amazing adventure, with intelligent twists to back it up and a nice contrast of utopia and dystopia.

- Every single ending was very well done. This is a pleasant surprise, as many projects tend to make half baked conclusions unless it's the true ending. Sachiko's normal ending was specially interesting, because it actually revealed some information you couldn't get otherwise and fleshed her character even more. Replaying value is very high.

- And lastly... Sachiko, a very remarkable heroine. Her entire route consisted of a very fascinating intellectual battle and she escaped virtually all of character's stereotypes that one would expect. Sachiko can't be described simply as a villain, cunning woman or tsundere. Manipulative, yes, but ultimately not a bad person... and not a saint, either! That's what makes her unique.

Also... I wonder if it's normal that I laughed at those two bad endings? I mean, the circumstances necessary to reach them were pretty silly, not something you get easily by accident.