Lemma Soft Forums

Supporting creators of visual novels and story-based games since 2003.


Visit our new games list, blog aggregator, IRC channel, and Discord (new).
Activation problem? Email pytom@bishoujo.us.
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:13 pm 
Megane Procrastinator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:54 am
Posts: 4047
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: Re:Set, Morpheandir Tales, The Alliance, Althernis Precasted
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead
Re:Set is a Visual Novel where you play as Miki, whose boyfriend is lost just before Valentine's day. Then, she met a self-proclaimed detective named Mike and his assistant Gerald... Little does she know, that there is an evil reason for all of these and both Mike and Gerald are involved in a dark business...

Image

Anyways, I really wanted to make short episodic games because big project tires me. So here you go, have fun and don't think too much about it.

Screenshot:

Image

Image



DL link : http://www.mediafire.com/?df4lcq5u1spjwa4

_________________
ImageImage


Last edited by azureXtwilight on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:11 pm 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:41 am
Posts: 102
Completed: Christmas Project
Organization: Lunarescent Wings
Twitter: @Darkmoonfire_
Tumblr: darkmoonfire
I like this, and I'm looking forward to more episodes and more backstory,
and more GeraldxMichelle. They are just too cute together. Love the music box.

Maybe you could make the next episode for NaNoRenO. Of course, I understand you want to take a break before working on the next episode, work on one of your other projects, don't like giving your projects deadlines, if the next episode would take more than a month to make, etc... but I want the next episode.
Good luck on this and all of your other projects. :D


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:26 pm 
Megane Procrastinator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:54 am
Posts: 4047
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: Re:Set, Morpheandir Tales, The Alliance, Althernis Precasted
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead
Thanks a lot, that means a lot to me :D

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:50 pm 
Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 5
For some reason I can't play this game..(QAQ)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:58 pm 
Megane Procrastinator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:54 am
Posts: 4047
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: Re:Set, Morpheandir Tales, The Alliance, Althernis Precasted
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead
Try redownloading and reopening it by winrar or winzip.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:58 pm 
Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 5
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It finally worked:)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:08 am 
Megane Procrastinator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:54 am
Posts: 4047
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: Re:Set, Morpheandir Tales, The Alliance, Althernis Precasted
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead
Hope you enjoy it! :)

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:29 am 
Dystopian Princess
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:01 am
Posts: 1658
Location: Philippines
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
I played it, it was really nice! To be honest, the first time I read about the sypnosis, I thought it was a... well, too generic. But reading through it, it was a quite nice read.
And even though I've read it several times already, it's better reading it from the VN.

Before I begin, is it just me, or the... the opening won't play? ._. One time, it just shows me a black screen, in certain cases it shows me only the first frame, lol. But I just decided to play the video directly from the folder before playing.... *shot* Sometimes, Mike's sprite also shows a black rectangle at the side sometimes, but... I guess it's just me.

My favorite scene (aside from the beach scene, which I wrote XD) is the last ones. All of the last scenes. Especially the time when
Michelle took Gerald's chocolate and refuses to give it back, and when Gerald attempts to take it, she went on "crybaby" mode.
It was... TOTALLY AMUSING. It's just so amusing. XD

Sometimes, there were some scenes which I feel weren't elaborated enough, but it explains that this is just episode one. When Gerald and Mike suddenly started
talking about a signal and radar and "that thing" and curses and non-human stuff,
my instant thought was that this isn't just any ordinary "a lost boyfriend" story. I was happy that you aren't on "dark stuff" mode, because if it weren't for your doppelganger story, I wouldn't think someone will die or someone will get brutally killed in the end.

And I was quite glad the not-true endings feels lacking. It made me further try to go on the true ending, which is nice. :)
It's almost like a sudden shift, but after the all-innocent-sounding plotline of a boyfriend disappearing, it shifts to non-humans and demons, but then the "transition" was done rather well, and I applaud you for that. I still can't figure out for the life of me on how to make stories that isn't too fast or so slow.

Sydonai seems like an interesting character, but too bad her face was stomped several times by Gerald. I feel bad for her D: It would have been nice if Sydonai has a sprite in human form, because as soon as she went into demon form, I felt "Well, she did transform. But what was the form she transformed from?" And plus, when Gerald and Mike keep on saying "She's cute", I can't see her face so I can't relate until the CG, which doesn't pass as cute to me at all. I guess the demon form should look pretty, seducing and "daring". And the human form should look like a cute, innocent little girl. XD

And in a random note: AMI, WHY U NOT HELP MIKI FIND HER BOYFRIEND? YOU'RE SUCH A BAD BESTFRIEND //shot a multitude of times

After completing the entirety of the gallery, I can't help but feel disturbed over the Mike-wearing-cat-ears sketch. All the bonus sketches are cute too, especially the one where Mike was standing in front of the mirror with long hair, and Gerald was at the back going LOLWHAT... Ahahahahaha.


The music was nice too, although I feel the one in the main menu is ambient, so something a little more epic should be there. XD
And anyone notice that if you go on the preference screen while on the main menu (or even in the load screen), Mike's eyes will be a little brighter? XD
The music you chose for the scenes was really nice. I was expecting a music box piece somewhere for some reason, like
in the beach scene or when they bought chocolates.



Overall, I find it really nice! I look forward to the next episode~
[It's Gluttony's episode, right?]

_________________
Image Image
Soul and Heart |Twin Faces [NaNoRenO] | my deviantART account


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:26 am 
Megane Procrastinator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:54 am
Posts: 4047
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: Re:Set, Morpheandir Tales, The Alliance, Althernis Precasted
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead
Lumen_Astrum wrote:
I played it, it was really nice! To be honest, the first time I read about the sypnosis, I thought it was a... well, too generic. But reading through it, it was a quite nice read.
And even though I've read it several times already, it's better reading it from the VN.


Thanks! I don't know how to make a brief description of the game without spoiling anything XD
Quote:
Before I begin, is it just me, or the... the opening won't play? ._. One time, it just shows me a black screen, in certain cases it shows me only the first frame, lol. But I just decided to play the video directly from the folder before playing.... *shot* Sometimes, Mike's sprite also shows a black rectangle at the side sometimes, but... I guess it's just me.


I think your computer doesn't have the CODEC to play it? I don't know myself~ :D
Quote:
Sometimes, there were some scenes which I feel weren't elaborated enough, but it explains that this is just episode one. When Gerald and Mike suddenly started
talking about a signal and radar and "that thing" and curses and non-human stuff,
my instant thought was that this isn't just any ordinary "a lost boyfriend" story. I was happy that you aren't on "dark stuff" mode, because if it weren't for your doppelganger story, I wouldn't think someone will die or someone will get brutally killed in the end.


This can be darker and darker as it goes~ :D

Quote:
Sydonai seems like an interesting character, but too bad her face was stomped several times by Gerald. I feel bad for her D: It would have been nice if Sydonai has a sprite in human form, because as soon as she went into demon form, I felt "Well, she did transform. But what was the form she transformed from?" And plus, when Gerald and Mike keep on saying "She's cute", I can't see her face so I can't relate until the CG, which doesn't pass as cute to me at all. I guess the demon form should look pretty, seducing and "daring". And the human form should look like a cute, innocent little girl. XD


Ooops, I am realy lazy. Next time, I'll make a sprite for the other demons then :)

Quote:
Overall, I find it really nice! I look forward to the next episode~
[It's Gluttony's episode, right?]


Next episode will be
Greed's
:D

Thanks a lot for the comments! I wish more people will give me reviews~ ^_^

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:21 pm 
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:25 pm
Posts: 270
Location: The City That Doesn't Sleep ♥
Mhmmmmmmmm .
Just finished playing it!
Lovely as always Azure / Clara ! (: .

Can't wait for the next episode !

Bahh. I knew Mike was a girl at first D: . Cause of the menu screen ; A ;.
Mike looked away too much of a girl in that picture o: . I guess it was the eyes.
Anyways, I hope to see Mike (Michelle) with long hair in a future episode! (:
Maybe you can add on a bit of romance between Michelle & Gerald ! They're wayyyyyyyyyy too cute!

_________________
- Everlasting Dreams ;
Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:26 pm 
Megane Procrastinator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:54 am
Posts: 4047
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: Re:Set, Morpheandir Tales, The Alliance, Althernis Precasted
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead
ixWishing wrote:
Mhmmmmmmmm .
Just finished playing it!
Lovely as always Azure / Clara ! (: .

Can't wait for the next episode !

Bahh. I knew Mike was a girl at first D: . Cause of the menu screen ; A ;.
Mike looked away too much of a girl in that picture o: . I guess it was the eyes.
Anyways, I hope to see Mike (Michelle) with long hair in a future episode! (:
Maybe you can add on a bit of romance between Michelle & Gerald ! They're wayyyyyyyyyy too cute!


I guess I can safely say that they are canon right now :3
And yes, her hair will grow back as the story progress~

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:55 pm 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:10 pm
Posts: 199
Location: Isn't this dangerous to give out online? O_o
Um, heehee, this is my first time posting on a thread, so I hope I'm doing this right. ReSet was very interesting. I love mystery novels and when you mix mystery with romance, you've got a very happy me. :D My one disappointment is that I couldn't figure out the right ending right away. I'm such a ditz! XD You said this would be short; however, though when compared to your other games it is indeed shorter, this game is lengthy enough to satisfy the player. Umm, I was a little sad that you could only be with one guy, and that said guy was already going out with you, so you couldn't date him, but I loved the scenes with him, so I don't really mind. I fell in love with Gerald; big mistake considering the ending. I was ready to smack "Michelle" when they got together. LOL. I have issues. Magnificent artwork, animation, and storyline as always. I must say that even though this is not my favorite game of yours, I was certainly kept entertained. I give this one a 7 out of ten. Great job! :)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:04 pm 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:10 pm
Posts: 199
Location: Isn't this dangerous to give out online? O_o
Sorry for double-posting. ^_^'' But, if you make a sequal, will you elaborate on the radar and nonhuman things? I feel their a bit...enigmatic.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:09 pm 
Megane Procrastinator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:54 am
Posts: 4047
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: Re:Set, Morpheandir Tales, The Alliance, Althernis Precasted
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead
Yes, I've written that this is ep. 1 XD So there's going to be more explanation coming through. Since the main characters are clear now, I'm going to use mike's point of view more often.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:22 pm 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:10 pm
Posts: 199
Location: Isn't this dangerous to give out online? O_o
Okay. I look forward to the next episode!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AriaBlack


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group