ReSet Ep 1 : Thief of All Hearts [Visual novel]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
blitzysixx

Re: ReSet Ep 1 : Thief of All Hearts [Visual novel]

#61 Post by blitzysixx »

I liked this game a lot. I just finished. I got an unfinished ending but looking forward to getting all the other endings. Mike and Gerald are really likable. All your games are awesome! :)

P.S. I like Gerald a lot because he's really tall like me and he eats healthy like me, too!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#62 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thanks! Let me know your opinion about the "true" one XD

blitzysixx

#63 Post by blitzysixx »

The True Ending is great! When I got on the right path I learned so many things and then when the end came there was so much that I didn't expect!
The ending was cute, I got my man back for valentine's day! And there was some unexpected cuteness when Gerald and Michelle hooked up and had some romance, too. Now I finally understand the music box part! And I laughed so hard when Michelle slipped on something in the underground sex lair. Yeah, we all know what that was! lol
I loved it. If you do write another part I will be glad to play it.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#64 Post by azureXtwilight »

At that part, I didn't make them
hooked up yet, no. It's just a simple, friendly gesture since they haven't known each other for a long time. But as you can see, we can see a possible canon ahead X3
Thanks for playing!

blitzysixx

#65 Post by blitzysixx »

Oh yeah, yeah true.
It just looks like the start of something new.
Wait - did I just quote High School Musical? GAH! *flips desk*

Oh, and no problem. I love playing your games!

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#66 Post by MaiMai »

WOW I actually finished a VN I am on a roll. Anyways, spoiler-free thoughts!

I was surprised at how much I ended up liking the characters. Azure, I think I sometimes underestimate how well you write and develop people and while your writing is still simplistic you've come a long way since your Fantasia games. I immediately liked Miki, Gerald, and Mike right off the bat. I think what made them most human to me was their personal quirks and preferences with food. (I LOVE FOOD)

The only complaint I have is the transition between what looks to be a normal detective story somewhat grounded in real life to that of the supernatural. It's a bit clunky, but for the most part I could roll with it along with Miki's suspension of disbelief.

And oh my god that Umineko reference.

Nitpicky Things:
* "Nevermind" should be "never mind." They're two separate words, not a compound one.
* Please use more contractions!

Onto Ep 2!!!
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#67 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thanks for the review! :) I will put all your suggestions to mind~

InitialeMpTy

#68 Post by InitialeMpTy »

O: When I first played this game and opened that menu and saw mike
I had no doubts about Mike being a boy (Used to pretty bishounens :P)
and I was like "totally my type :D. After true ending I was like awwwww. I won't complain for this game though because
Michelle and Gareld seem cute together >:D. Especially the chocolate part.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#69 Post by azureXtwilight »

InitialeMpTy wrote:O: When I first played this game and opened that menu and saw mike
I had no doubts about Mike being a boy (Used to pretty bishounens :P)
and I was like "totally my type :D. After true ending I was like awwwww. I won't complain for this game though because
Michelle and Gareld seem cute together >:D. Especially the chocolate part.
Well, more to come and I'm glad you like the game! :D Hopefully you'll play the second part as well~

lothloaein

#70 Post by lothloaein »

I have completed all of the endings on this game. I am looking forward to playing later installments to see how the story progresses. I enjoy the mystery aspects of the game, but I was hoping for more in terms of character and relationship development. I did not feel that the different endings were all that different, particularly between the one that favored Mike and then the one that favored Gerald. They seemed too similar to me, considering how different the characters themselves are. With that said, I really enjoyed the tone and writing of this game. I will definitely continue to play this series, and I am excited to see how Mike and Gerald develop.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#71 Post by azureXtwilight »

Basically, the choices is merely looking more into each character's personality aspects are and nothing else important. Basically, it's the true end that differs from the others.

Uruki-chan

#72 Post by Uruki-chan »

Just finished playing the game. :)
It was a nice short game with quite beautiful art. The pictures are not perfect, but I do really like your style. ;) Oh, and that opening sequel... Is it a integrated movieclips or something like that? It's quite awesome to be able to show clips with/in RenPy. Didn't know that before.
I ended up with the non-true endings first and was eager to unveil the truth behind the missing case. When Gerald and Mike were talking about strange things like radar and so on, my fantasy/mystery switch was turned ON. That was awesome, I wonder how you did that... ^^
At first I thought, that Miki might end up with Mike, Gerald or Kai, but sadly luckily she was faithful to Kai. :)
The fact that "Mike" was actually "Michelle" made me go: "H-Huh...?! :shock: Really???" I actually thought, that he was a cute boy and that he harbours feelings for Miki... :D Haha, I was totally wrong... Oh, now that I think about it... The complaint about the cold weather was a hint, that Mike is a girl right? :D
And that slime... Hahaha... Hurray, for perverted thoughts!! :lol:
Oh yeah... Why the heck is Kai wearing a T-Shirt in winter?!? The clothing doesn't match the season...
And if I were Sydonai, I would prefer more mature men, those kiddies can't satisfy me. LOL :D
Hopefully there will be some more episodes in future to answer our questions about Mike and Gerald.
I'm looking forward to it!
「僕だけのキミになってほしい。」(I want you to become mine alone.)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#73 Post by azureXtwilight »

Uruki-chan wrote:Just finished playing the game. :)
It was a nice short game with quite beautiful art. The pictures are not perfect, but I do really like your style. ;) Oh, and that opening sequel... Is it a integrated movieclips or something like that? It's quite awesome to be able to show clips with/in RenPy. Didn't know that before.
It's made using Sony Vegas, and not Renpy :)
I ended up with the non-true endings first and was eager to unveil the truth behind the missing case. When Gerald and Mike were talking about strange things like radar and so on, my fantasy/mystery switch was turned ON. That was awesome, I wonder how you did that... ^^
At first I thought, that Miki might end up with Mike, Gerald or Kai, but sadly luckily she was faithful to Kai. :)
Thank you for liking it! And it was A TRAP. :lol:
The fact thamkm "Gaaah, you're right.... Damn you and your huge stature... Damn me and my small--"t "Mike" was actually "Michelle" made me go: "H-Huh...?! :shock: Really???" I actually thought, that he was a cute boy and that he harbours feelings for Miki... :D Haha, I was totally wrong... Oh, now that I think about it... The complaint about the cold weather was a hint, that Mike is a girl right? :D
And that slime... Hahaha... Hurray, for perverted thoughts!! :lol:
Oh yeah... Why the heck is Kai wearing a T-Shirt in winter?!? The clothing doesn't match the season...
And if I were Sydonai, I would prefer more mature men, those kiddies can't satisfy me. LOL :D
The actual hint was actually:
"Gaaah, you're right.... Damn you and your huge stature... Damn me and my small--boobs."
About Kai's t-shirt... I admit that I was lazy at that moment. Forgive me XD
But less mature men are easier to trick right? ;)
Hopefully there will be some more episodes in future to answer our questions about Mike and Gerald.
I'm looking forward to it!
There's episode 2 released and I'm working at episode 3 :)

Uruki-chan

#74 Post by Uruki-chan »

It's made using Sony Vegas, and not Renpy :)
Yeah, I think you mentioned it in one of the previous posts. My question was actually, if you can integrate the movieclip in Ren'Py's program code so easily. :) Sorry, for being not clear enough. ^^
"Gaaah, you're right.... Damn you and your huge stature... Damn me and my small--boobs."
Oh, I didn't even noticed that line. LOL :D
There's episode 2 released and I'm working at episode 3 :)
Then I have to try out episode 2. Thanks for the tip! :D
「僕だけのキミになってほしい。」(I want you to become mine alone.)

in-bl00m

#75 Post by in-bl00m »

I played through it once. It was REALLY good. I love Mike and Gerald's personalities. They're both opposites of each other, yet they get along quite well. I'm going to try and get more endings. Thanks for making such great game! c:

EDIT:
So, I just got all of the endings. I just wanted to say that I absolutely LOVED this whole game. The story, the art, the music, EVERYTHING. Again, thanks for making such a great game. I'm going to play the second one now. :D
Last edited by in-bl00m on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.