Queer Catboy Love Triangle Disaster! [BxB] Deluxe on Steam?

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Rosstin
Veteran
Completed: Rex Rocket, Kitty Love, King's Ascent
Projects: Road Redemption, Queen At Arms
Organization: Aqualuft Games

Re: Kitty Love! [or: Queer Catboy Love Triangle Disaster!]

#16 Post by Rosstin »

Colt's Special Flag is triggered by a particular dialog path when having "the talk" with him. It's not easy to do, and the flag itself isn't particularly important. It used to be a requirement for one of the endings, but it made the ending so hard to get that we softened that requirement. ^_^

nefferinthia
Regular

#17 Post by nefferinthia »

Okay, I got something really weird while playing the game. It said warning in all caps and then some other things and then went back to the main menu. On another note, I can't seem to find the last 2 CGs. I've gotten both the alone endings and the exclusives with both of them. So yeah, some help maybe? haha.

The game's great by the way, although I do think some fancier GUI would make it more attractive for people to check it out.

Rosstin
Veteran

#18 Post by Rosstin »

Hello there! That sounds like a strange error, I've never seen it before... thanks for the advice on the GUI! We'll keep that in mind for our next game. What specifically would you like to see?

If you're trying to get both boys at once, that can be difficult!! You need to treat them both right during the flashback (Colt should be "Playful" and Shane should be "Affectionate".) Convince Colt that polyamory might not be so bad to trigger "Colt Open-Minded" (tell him "Hold on..." during your relationship talk, and be firm but affectionate.) Make sure you tell Shane about how great Colt is, to trigger "Shane Likes Colt." Then you just have to play your cards right in the ending sequence... chase after Colt when he runs away and assuage his doubts.

It's possible, just very difficult!!

Now if only there was a walkthrough for poly relationships in real life!

Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

#19 Post by Destiny »

I found your game today and it is a lot of fun.
Just can't get the last two cgs (in the middle left and right). One must be the "both"-ending, but either Colt leaves me alone with Shane or Shane takes off because of whiny Colt or both go ôo
Even though Colt is thinking and open-minded and Shane likes Colt and is open-minded...
I'm running out of ideas ಠ_ಠ
Cards of Destiny (WIP) / Sky Eye (WIP)

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#20 Post by kara24601 »

I love the art but I feel like the art got ruined a bit by some choices that were made.
To me, there's a "right" way and a wrong way to draw these kind of people : Don't match the fur color to the hair / eyes

Even though I usually don't like it, I can deal with the hair matching the eyes but even that can annoy me and to me it's worse when fur matches the hair / eyes.

Unfortunately, most people draw catpeople and other creatures this way and it really annoys me.
You know what's even worse? When a catperson has both cat ears and human ears...sometimes you can't avoid that like in Sims 2 for example since nobody's made a replacement head yet * ( not counting the wolf set - I wish the person who had made that had made more than just a wolf family set because that set is really good...sure there's some other things for furry lovers but the wolf is the only one I know of that has a proper head replacement )

Other than that omg such a great game! Thank you for making this.

And a catperson having a dog as a pet? LOL

I love both guys eyes and Colt's angry expression is just so adorable.

Sometimes I think the voice / wave files are annoying and sometimes they make me laugh.

I wish Shane didn't have those horrid piercings but ah, well.

Rosstin
Veteran

#21 Post by Rosstin »

Kara, thanks for the feedback!

Destiny, there should be a walkthrough for the two CG's you're missing, as comments on the Wordpress post! Sorry, I missed your request, I'm sure you've moved on to bigger and better things by now. ^_^

Midi
Regular
Projects: Limerick Castle

#22 Post by Midi »

Just gonna play this here game.

Edit: Well, I played first around and here's somethings I didn't like too much.

1. How it started in full screen.
2. The sound effects....everything kinda started off too loud? and it scared me.
3. The music in general. It seemed way too dramatic.

Otherwise, it's programmed pretty smoothly.

Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

#23 Post by Destiny »

I went on, but that doesn't mean I don't stroll back ;)
I always want to finish what I started.
I was finally able to get the ending (even though I had to try a bit around AGAIN :'D).
And I was wondering what that last ending could be. I was kinda seriously shocked, I would never have guessed that Colt could like Shane xD
Well, but the threesome pic is so awesome. Beau chilling and the other two just have "AWKWARD..." written all over their face *g*

Thanks for this sweet little game ^^
I enjoyed it!
Cards of Destiny (WIP) / Sky Eye (WIP)

MJDAlleria
Regular

#24 Post by MJDAlleria »

Played the game numerous, oh~ numerous times over.
But I still can't get the last CG in the middle-left.
Just what is that ending... (stares at it so much)

I shall not give up!

MJDAlleria
Regular

#25 Post by MJDAlleria »

(shocked) I finally got CG#4... my heart just broke.
But at the same time... (he kinda deserved it).

Rosstin
Veteran

#26 Post by Rosstin »

I've built a new team and we're making a new game about dating hot boys, so I'm looking for more feedback of what people thought of Queer Catboy Love Triangle Disaster. http://rosstin.wordpress.com/2012/03/17/kitty-love-3/

For instance, what did people think of the "vocalizations" in this game? I remember people were annoyed that we didn't register them as "voice" so that they couldn't specifically be volume-adjusted/muted; we'll definitely fix that in our next game.

How do people feel about vocalizations and voice-acting? Should we do vocalizations for our next game? Voice acting? I have access to voice actors of varying quality, some of them very professional. We did voice-acting for King's Ascent. http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/620100 . Some people liked it, some people hated it. I think the male actor's voice was better received, and I could look into getting him into the recording studio again.

I'm also curious about what people think of visual novels on other platforms, such as Android or iOS tablets. I'm willing to put the effort into porting the game if we'll get enough audience.

Rosstin2
Veteran
Completed: King's Ascent, Kitty Love
Projects: Queen At Arms, Rex Rocket

#27 Post by Rosstin2 »

We are kickstarting our new game soon!

tobesomething
Projects: Unnamed LGBT Slice of Life
Tumblr: ewnerds

#28 Post by tobesomething »

I absolutely adore this game! I still can't decide if I like Shane or Colt more, and the poly ending just didn't feel right to me. In the CG, both Colt and Shane looked pretty uncomfortable with the situation, and were only agreeing because they cared so deeply for Beau. I don't know, I guess it's just their faces in the CG that puts me off.

I did really like the ending where Beau ends up alone, because let's be honest, he didn't deserve either of those beautiful kitty boys.

Great job! Looking forward to future games!

Rosstin2
Veteran
Completed: King's Ascent, Kitty Love
Projects: Queen At Arms, Rex Rocket

Queer Catboy Love Triangle Disaster

#29 Post by Rosstin2 »

Would people be interested in seeing a deluxe version of Queer Catboy Love Triangle Disaster on Steam? New backgrounds, new characters, more secret endings, better character and CG art, etcetera.

Sheridan
Regular
Completed: Tea & Sympathy, 51 cards

Re: Queer Catboy Love Triangle Disaster

#30 Post by Sheridan »

Rosstin wrote:Would people be interested in seeing a deluxe version of Queer Catboy Love Triangle Disaster on Steam? New backgrounds, new characters, more secret endings, better character and CG art, etcetera.
This was a cute little game, and I'm definitely interested in seeing more visual novels on Steam. I'd say go for it if you can!