[NaNoRenO 2012] [Kinetic Novel] [Mystery] Twin Faces

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

Re: [NaNoRenO 2012] [Kinetic Novel] [Mystery] Twin Faces

#16 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Thank you. ^^ I'll try it and see if it works XD

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#17 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

I thought you did a great job matching music the music with the text! OhMhaiGosh's CG drawings were pretty awesome indeed!
The younger versions were so cute!
The description of the blood made me shiver!
Congrats on finishing this!
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#18 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Thank you so much for your input!

I updated the first post with the Mac download link. :)
Linux download is really, really, really coming soon. Oh, me and my laziness....

And whoever plays... PLEASE put a review. D: I really want comments so I can do a better job for Withering Blossoms! :)

frederic09
Regular
Projects: La Valse des Saisons (The Season's dance) - 0.03% done

#19 Post by frederic09 »

Lumen_Astrum wrote:And whoever plays... PLEASE put a review. D: I really want comments so I can do a better job for Withering Blossoms! :)
I'm not good with reviews. But here's mine anyway.
The game is nice and i didn't saw any "bad" parts.

The way it alternates between the "soul" of Millie and her "body" is pretty original.

Graphics are decent, i would have preferred the quality background cgs of the 1st episode. But for a Nanoreno game i don't mind ;)
Oh, and good luck completing the 3rd episode ;)
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

My first VN project : The Season's Dance (the title might change). More info soon.

psyduck
Regular

#20 Post by psyduck »

the ending is confusing. maybe I should read the prequel. please tell me where to find it. thanks

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#21 Post by Coren »

Just started playing. I was so pleasantly surprised when I heard my own voice being used for ???'s giggling, haha. XD

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#22 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

psyduck wrote:the ending is confusing. maybe I should read the prequel. please tell me where to find it. thanks
There's a link on my signature for Soul and Heart. :) And yes, this isn't the final chapter of the series, so it's still a bit open-ended. What makes it confusing?
Kirroha wrote:Just started playing. I was so pleasantly surprised when I heard my own voice being used for ???'s giggling, haha. XD
Hahaha, you're really good at it! :D My giggling sounds like crap. Hoshit I forgot to credit you for it
frederic09 wrote:I'm not good with reviews. But here's mine anyway.
The game is nice and i didn't saw any "bad" parts.

The way it alternates between the "soul" of Millie and her "body" is pretty original.

Graphics are decent, i would have preferred the quality background cgs of the 1st episode. But for a Nanoreno game i don't mind ;)
Oh, and good luck completing the 3rd episode ;)
Thank you so much! :)
The switching between the NVL and ADV modes aren't switching from her "soul" and "body". It's just something to strengthen the dark mood. And yeah, as I said in one review, the NVL modes sort of symbolize that Milice talking with Mae is like going back to the past.

psyduck
Regular

#23 Post by psyduck »

Lumen_Astrum wrote: There's a link on my signature for Soul and Heart. :) And yes, this isn't the final chapter of the series, so it's still a bit open-ended. What makes it confusing?
ok. thanks for the info. downloading it now.
first, I don't know the relationship between Daena and the twins. second, at the epilog, Daena said that it was her family's fault. I don't know what kind of fault and what's the relationship with the current situation. :)
Last edited by psyduck on Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#24 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Please put it in spoiler tags ._.

Ah, yeah. As I said, it's open-ended. WB is supposed to explain everything else I left open XD

psyduck
Regular

#25 Post by psyduck »

Lumen_Astrum wrote:Please put it in spoiler tags ._.

Ah, yeah. As I said, it's open-ended. WB is supposed to explain everything else I left open XD
all right then, I will be looking forward to it. :)

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#26 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Linux download is up in the first post!

See, I told you I'll do it.

For anybody who played, please review~ Tell me what sort of things might need improvement (well, please don't mention the grammar stuff, I know it already XD) and things you expect for the third episode. :)

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#27 Post by Reikun »

OOooooh I just played this and Soul & Heart last night and I'm really glad I did. I love the story you have going, but one weakness is that the state of the world they're in is very vague. I was trying to figure out if the characters are in a future Earth (our universe), or in an alternate future Earth (alternate universe) or if they were on an entirely different planet? What I also found a bit odd was
the mention of Lent. Does mentioning Lent mean that Milicent is a Christian? Have Christian values/traditions persisted into this time even though people were supposed to forget how things were "back then?"
I just thought that part was a brought up out of the blue since there were no past references of religion throughout Twin Faces and Soul & Heart (unless I missed them...)

Other than that, I really liked your CG scenes!! I have a few critiques on them if you don't mind...
- In the scene with the stabbed man, a dead person would usually have their head lolled to the side a bit if they are lying down. Unless Milicent was looking at him from an angle of standing over his chest and trying to look straight-on his face, we would more likely be able to see the underside of his jaw line if he's lying on the ground dead.
- In the scene where Mae is dead/sleeping under the tree, her head is a bit too big (unless she's supposed to be chibi). If she's supposed to be chibi, I don't think a scene about death is appropriate for the chibi style ;___;
- I really like the CG were Milicent is standing in the memory chamber!!! Great perspective and the floor is beautiful *U* (Ok, that wasn't the critique). Although I really like the CG you can improve your CGs in the future if you strive for detail like in this one! My qualm with this one was that it looks like you got lazy when you drew the shoes xD;; Her face/hair/body is so detailed but her shoes just look like blah. Aim for consistency in the level of detail all parts of the image!
Sorry for taking so long to get around to playing this!! m(_ _)m I hope my comments are helpful...?
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#28 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Reikun wrote:OOooooh I just played this and Soul & Heart last night and I'm really glad I did. I love the story you have going, but one weakness is that the state of the world they're in is very vague. I was trying to figure out if the characters are in a future Earth (our universe), or in an alternate future Earth (alternate universe) or if they were on an entirely different planet?
It's a dystopian futuristic Earth. XD So I think it's an alternate future Earth.
Reikun wrote:What I also found a bit odd was
the mention of Lent. Does mentioning Lent mean that Milicent is a Christian? Have Christian values/traditions persisted into this time even though people were supposed to forget how things were "back then?"
I just thought that part was a brought up out of the blue since there were no past references of religion throughout Twin Faces and Soul & Heart (unless I missed them...)
Thank you for the comments! I really appreciate them :D
There wasn't any religious references at S&H, but there will be several different religious references at WB as part of a "faith" plot (you'll know what I mean if you did look at the WB thread and saw kid!Yuna wearing a miko outfit). Okay, spoiler for WB here, but there were "faith people" who still managed to retain faith on a certain religion. Then certain stuff happened yadda yadda.
Reikun wrote:Other than that, I really liked your CG scenes!! I have a few critiques on them if you don't mind...
- In the scene with the stabbed man, a dead person would usually have their head lolled to the side a bit if they are lying down. Unless Milicent was looking at him from an angle of standing over his chest and trying to look straight-on his face, we would more likely be able to see the underside of his jaw line if he's lying on the ground dead.
- In the scene where Mae is dead/sleeping under the tree, her head is a bit too big (unless she's supposed to be chibi). If she's supposed to be chibi, I don't think a scene about death is appropriate for the chibi style ;___;
- I really like the CG were Milicent is standing in the memory chamber!!! Great perspective and the floor is beautiful *U* (Ok, that wasn't the critique). Although I really like the CG you can improve your CGs in the future if you strive for detail like in this one! My qualm with this one was that it looks like you got lazy when you drew the shoes xD;; Her face/hair/body is so detailed but her shoes just look like blah. Aim for consistency in the level of detail all parts of the image!
Sorry for taking so long to get around to playing this!! m(_ _)m I hope my comments are helpful...?
Thanks for the critique! Every comment and critique is helpful. Don't worry. :3 I may have seen each and every mistake you said but I wasn't the one who drew the CGs. XD At least, it's OhMhaiGosh who did sketches for me, and I did the lineart and coloring (I rushed on that too and base-colored everything and spammed it with effects). I was rushing and all and since she draws beautifully and she's fast unlike me, I decided to do it the lazy way. XD Once again, thank you so much for the critique! If you may, please drop by a critique for S&H as well? ಠ_ಠ

soraibi
Regular

#29 Post by soraibi »

Well, this games sounds interesting...I'm going to play it now :D

sate_padang

#30 Post by sate_padang »

The plot is a bit hard to understand (but then again it's a sequel to a game I haven't played). I really like the creepy atmosphere, black and white (or grayscale?) background and Mae being yandere. While I like the nvl-screen style, there are some scenes which the transition feel a bit weird. Also, in the flashback, Mae's body feel to big I thought she was her mother. No offense, I like this horror VN and wouldn't want to play it at night