The Knife of the Traitor[NaNoRenO 2012] Translations!!!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
izukwon
Regular
Projects: Saundersi: Level 7

Re: The Knife of the Traitor [Comedy/Mystery/GXB][NaNoRenO 2

#181 Post by izukwon »

I was tempted to play this game until I see the knife stuck in her neck... I... can't stand it. It's the biggest horror for me looking at sharp a thing piercing thru any limbs ghuaaaaaaaaaaa noooooooooes.
And it has great arts too. What a shame, what a shame .___.

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#182 Post by clua »

NoJoker wrote:Wow cool. You even drew a picture for the German version. Haha that's so funny. Thanks :)
I hope people will like the German version.

Thanks to you for the translation hehe, I'm drawing one for each of the translations :D
sparkygirl266 wrote:Have you made any other visual novels? I really liked your dialogue and your style is interesting.
Well, you can download some of my demos on my blog(check the :Downloads: section)
so far I have finished just 3 short vn(Stormy Night done for a contest and Mum done for worst game challenge) both of them are
random and doesn't have any depth on the story. On development I have two games right now(The Hurtfull Wall and Eyes of Wilderness)
you can check THW newest demo on that page too, it's tone is a little more slower and serious than the knife haha.

Thank you for asking!
miyoyan wrote:TL;DR version of this post: YES. Also let me translate to Spanish. And that's why backtracking is important and I shouldn't skip pages. Tell me you're visiting Argentina so I can bake you cookies. Serious.

Long version: this is exactly what I needed. I've been wanting to make a game for... uh, check my join date. But I had no idea what I wanted it to feel like. I'm glad I found this little piece of awesomeness <3 The art is absolutely wonderful. I love the colouring in particular, and the character design (Os! The tiny kid Vosges! Lilija!) had me picking up my jaw from the floor several times. If I were a zombie, I would have discarded it halfway the first playthrough.
(VERY light spoiler ahead:)
I love the twist. I didn't pick up the clue first when Saint WTF mentioned it, because I was too amazed by the art.
One instance of the art being too good, I guess.
And the music!
My only complaint is that the kid's route is not very intuitive, and that the gallery doesn't include the extra pictures (such as the menus). I read someone found the changes in tone disconcerting, but I didn't have that problem. Do note that I'm not a native speaker so a bit of the shock value does get lost.
If you could send me the script, I'd be happy to translate this. First, because I want to be able to spam that link to the few people that has escaped my fangirling. And second, I want to see 'shroomy with a gaucho outfit. Or a sombrero. Or a matador cape. Or some unholy combination of those.
:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd

Lol. this makes me so happy...trusting myself as I always do. TKOT in spanish will take FOREVER to be done. Thank you so much for offering your help. I can provide the script I was already translating.
Gracias por el feedback!de todas formas las imagenes del main menu se incluiran en la nueva version del juego...El tono de juego se mantendra tal cual pero se hara correcciones en algunas partes para que quede menos..."raro"
Ohoho I was going to draw everyone with a chullo and poncho for the spanish version but Vosges dressed as a gaucho sounds good too XD
RunicV wrote:Just completed the game~!

I wanted to say that I loved the game! Every single part of it, from the art, to the character designs to the music to the story, everything!
I loved the twist! I had actually thought that Gervase was the one who did it. I found all the endings interesting, although hard to get. Especially Liljah's ending ROFLMAO. The bonus was excellent, too. :D
My favourite character was Gervase, followed by Os, Liljah, and then Corvus and Vosges. I really liked the music, especially Gervase's Theme, although whenever I heard it, I got freaked out and thought something bad was going to happen.
The ending where Gervase eats Os is... TOO DAMN SAD OAO ;_; She was his childhood friend, turned into a tyrant, tortured him, and he ate her? That's freaking sad. D:
But I have to say, you're amazing for doing all this in one month. Especially the art. *_* Keep up the beautiful work~
Hehe, I was doubtfull to add Gervase theme to the game because for Lilja and Vosges their theme worked perfectly, but I was not so sure about the music with Gervase. After testing each track with each character, I realized I could not use another track for him, because it fitted him so well (It was unpredictable, brute and annoying as the animal which Gervase is)
and I believe you are the first one that says Gervase's end is sad haha, I heard it was more scary than sad.
Thank you so much for playing!
Skarn wrote:Just finish it. Good game, with a great number of choices and available paths in proportion to its total length. The good endings are not so easy to get, but, since the game is short, I manage to discover them all without using the hints, simply by exhausting the possibilities. Clearly loved the hellish settings (a little something of Disgaea?), the main twists, and the mute scenes where the heroine must use her notebook to communicate.
orz...sorry for the difficulty of the game
Yess totally! Nippon Ichi influenciated my work a lot, more than Disgaea I can say I had in mind something like Makai Kingdom (I can even dare to compare Lord Zetta laugh with Lilja AHAHAAhaha)

Mute heroes/heroines? were part of my childhood wasted days of videogaming. I don't like most of mute heroes on games because I like them to have a predefined personality, only some of them had charm form me(Hitoshura from SMT nocturne, Vahn from Legend of Legaia or Amy from Okami)I wanted to portrait that haha.

Thank you for playing!
izukwon wrote:I was tempted to play this game until I see the knife stuck in her neck... I... can't stand it. It's the biggest horror for me looking at sharp a thing piercing thru any limbs ghuaaaaaaaaaaa noooooooooes.
And it has great arts too. What a shame, what a shame .___.
XDDDD This is the first time I heard this. No worries we all have tastes, so don't force yourself playing something gives you creeps
(I can't stand worms for example, each time I see a worm I imagine them crawling into my throat-----------CRAWLING IN MY SKIIN)
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Nady

#183 Post by Nady »

Hi everyone,
The French translation is available, if anyone cares.
http://tsukiyonovel.wordpress.com/
Great game.

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#184 Post by clua »

Nady wrote:Hi everyone,
The French translation is available, if anyone cares.
http://tsukiyonovel.wordpress.com/
Great game.
Hello! Thank you so much for translating it XD, I was actually updating first post with this.

You can see this post(contains all the current translations of the game)

FRENCH-Thanks to the folks of Tsukiyo Novel
Click to Download
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Nady

#185 Post by Nady »

clua wrote:Hello! Thank you so much for translating it XD, I was actually updating first post with this.
You're welcome, and thank you too for your help (with the psd files and such).

And wow, this pic looks great, you sure are skilled (:

darkphilious

Re: The Knife of the Traitor[NaNoRenO 2012] Translations!!!

#186 Post by darkphilious »

I'm going to download this game right now. It's got good graphics, so I'm a little bit excited to play this game.

EDIT: I played the game, and I get all the good endings, thanks to the guide. Now I'm going to try to get bad endings. It's a good game, by the way, and I like the fanservice things.

tongueofcat
Projects: Haunted University

#187 Post by tongueofcat »

Wow, this game is flawless.

WinKi

#188 Post by WinKi »

*this post is deprecated. please see the post below*

Hello! The Russian translation of this OELVN is now available here:

http://wks.arai-kibou.ru/tkot.php

The TL project took plenty of my time, and I hope you'll enjoy it as I've enjoyed the original piece. ^_^

Many thanks to clua for providing the semi-finalized versions of source images - it made the graphics translation alot easier.

P.S. Happy Halloween. :3

P.P.S I'm sorry, dear mugenjohncel, but TFQ v2 will have to wait. I'm still trying to hack the new nasty RPA. :(
Last edited by WinKi on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

okiness
Regular
Projects: Puella Nomen Invenio
Organization: ONP

#189 Post by okiness »

This game is amazing and you should FEEL amazing.

I want to give you money right now. Genuinely this is one of the better otome games I've played, commercial and all. Really. I can't express how much of a wonderful time I had playing this game.

WinKi

#190 Post by WinKi »

^_^ It's DONE! The "official" Russian translation (with plenty of bugfixes) by WKS has finally been released! Enjoy!

Welcome to the project's page! DL links are here.

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#191 Post by clua »

Nady wrote:
clua wrote:Hello! Thank you so much for translating it XD, I was actually updating first post with this.
You're welcome, and thank you too for your help (with the psd files and such).

And wow, this pic looks great, you sure are skilled (:
:D no prob!
darkphilious wrote:I'm going to download this game right now. It's got good graphics, so I'm a little bit excited to play this game.

EDIT: I played the game, and I get all the good endings, thanks to the guide. Now I'm going to try to get bad endings. It's a good game, by the way, and I like the fanservice things.
Thank you so much for playing it! Hope you got all the endings to get the bonus hehe.
tongueofcat wrote:Wow, this game is flawless.
r-really?! Thank you!

okiness wrote:This game is amazing and you should FEEL amazing.

I want to give you money right now. Genuinely this is one of the better otome games I've played, commercial and all. Really. I can't express how much of a wonderful time I had playing this game.
Ahaha, thank you! I'm glad you had fun with it.
We had fun making it too!
WinKi wrote:Image

^_^ It's DONE! The "official" Russian translation (with plenty of bugfixes) by WKS has finally been released! Enjoy!

Welcome to the project's page! DL links are here.
I'm sorry for the late reply on this!(Wow you even changed the text of that image! XD)

The Knife of the Traitor is now available in Russian!

Russian-Thanks to WKS
Click to Download
You can see this post(contains all the current translations of the game)
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

buttdumpling
Regular
Projects: Dämmerung

#192 Post by buttdumpling »

Oh this is such an amazing game! I want to hear so much more about the characters!
I have a soft spot for stories and games that have a very small scope.
One thing that confused me is why did I need to punch gervase for his happy ending?

Gasai Yuno

#193 Post by Gasai Yuno »

I love this game, the art is very nice and I also like the music.
I followed Gervase's walkthrough on Aurora's Otome Wonderland but I couldn't get the good ending though. :/
Can someone help me out?
By the way, is it possible to not stop Gervase from attacking Corvus?

Juuno*

#194 Post by Juuno* »

Gasai Yuno wrote:I love this game, the art is very nice and I also like the music.
I followed Gervase's walkthrough on Aurora's Otome Wonderland but I couldn't get the good ending though. :/
Can someone help me out?
By the way, is it possible to not stop Gervase from attacking Corvus?
^Mmyeah you could stop Gervase from doing so by not clicking the option.

I really loved this game. So Great! >w<
I especially loved Corvus's ending. ^___________^ :lol:

Amiralo
Regular
Completed: What's your name? : 2017 nano reno, Saccharine: a misleading sim date. Reverie: an odd simdate. Where adabans grow: an asian simdate. Monochrome and colors.
Projects: Enwiss the Beloved
Organization: Amiralo
Deviantart: Amiralo

#195 Post by Amiralo »

Followed the guide and Gervase still killed me!!! what do I do?