The Knife of the Traitor[NaNoRenO 2012] Translations!!!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
DiamondRoseTears
Regular

Re: The Knife of the Traitor [Comedy/Mystery/GXB][NaNoRenO 2

#16 Post by DiamondRoseTears »

Haha I had fun playing it!!
Althought at first I didn't expect to like it this much!!
My fave ending although was corvus and after him was Gervase but I wanted a kiss scene with him!!!!! :P
D. for: Diamond
R. for: Rose
T. for: Tears

That's what is going to happen if you make a rose made of diamond cry!!

My cover of Winter Blossom by Aoi Shouta (Ai Mikaze, Utapri)
Please listen <3

Co-writer ~ Seasons of Love

Raindrops
Regular
Projects: My Secret Spring (Co-writer & Proofreader), [Secret]

#17 Post by Raindrops »

Congratulations on finishing the game! I really liked the look of the screenshots, so this was one of the first that I downloaded once it was out xD
First ending I got was Gervase's bad ending.
I mean really, you pulled my knife out? Bad dog!
Then, I decided that I wanted to go for Lilja. His good ending just made me laugh.
I mean really, I didn't know where to look. Even with the mosaic.
Nice touch with the bonus material after getting all the endings - or 'fanservice' as you called it.
Male Os *drool*.
On the whole, I loved it!
TOPofBB
All my life, my heart has yearned for a thing I cannot name.
- Andre Breton

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#18 Post by distorsion »

"Tits... lots of them."
"How about pussies? I like pussies."
I NEARLY DIED LAUGHING
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#19 Post by teacup »

Ahaha, I just love this game! Everything about it is great - the art, the music, the story, the characters - all brilliant! So far, I only got Corvus ending and the ending where
Os is killed by Gervase... even though I followed the walkthrough. I must have done something horribly wrong X_X;
, but I'm going to get the rest of them now~
It's definitely the most unique visual novel I've played, so great work ^_^ Not to mention, it made me laugh out loud several times.
Are you accepting fanart for it?
I love Corvus, he might just be my favorite character from any VN, ever. XD I really want to draw him.

YonYonYon
Veteran
Projects: Nightflower(Frozen), Reach the Starlight(WIP)

#20 Post by YonYonYon »

This game is super fun xD Oh God, I adore Lilja.
I loved his maniacal LAUGH, his scary smile and his lilac skin. Also I nearly died when I saw his "WTF" name. Brilliant joke! His FANSERVICE bonus made me happy <3
Actually I liked every character. But Lilja is goddamn awesome.
Awwww, I want main menu pictures as wallpapers~
ImageImage

Anarchy
Veteran
Projects: Fairy Tales of Innocent Children

#21 Post by Anarchy »

YonYonYon wrote:This game is super fun xD Oh God, I adore Lilja.
I loved his maniacal LAUGH, his scary smile and his lilac skin. Also I nearly died when I saw his "WTF" name. Brilliant joke! His FANSERVICE bonus made me happy <3
Yaaaay fellow Lilja fan! *glomp*

Cya, the tone will be fixed (somewhat) in future releases~ Thanks for the critique!

aestate
Regular
Projects: Twinkle Twinkle

#22 Post by aestate »

I'm super impressed that you made such a fantastic VN in a month. Your art / colouring is so gorgeous (hnggg jelly jelly jelly) and I lol'd so much while reading the VN. I found the music, surprisingly enough, went nicely with the mood of the story.
And the twist is definitely...twisty!

Changing the menu image after reaching a good end was a lovely touch, but it would be so MAGICAL if the image were randomised at start-up. I played through the game like ten extra times, trying to figure out which menu I liked best. :'D
I totally failed in my first playthrough and bad ends galore because I tried to be all sneaky and polyamorous. Hahaha OTL.
Corvus is so cuuute. /flails around.
tumblr.Umbrella Cookie.dA.
Current Project: Twinkle Twinkle.

YonYonYon
Veteran
Projects: Nightflower(Frozen), Reach the Starlight(WIP)

#23 Post by YonYonYon »

Anarchy wrote: Yaaaay fellow Lilja fan! *glomp*
high five! :D
ImageImage

NanaVampire

#24 Post by NanaVampire »

I don't know why, but I have an error when I'm starting this game...
There's a message that says:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 594, in script
show osstand at left with dissolve
ValueError: subsurface rectangle outside surface area

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "I:\Filmy\Inne\Gry\Doujin\The Knife of the Traitor\The Knife of the Traitor\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 276, in bootstrap
File "I:\Filmy\Inne\Gry\Doujin\The Knife of the Traitor\The Knife of the Traitor\renpy\main.py", line 354, in main
File "I:\Filmy\Inne\Gry\Doujin\The Knife of the Traitor\The Knife of the Traitor\renpy\main.py", line 95, in run
File "I:\Filmy\Inne\Gry\Doujin\The Knife of the Traitor\The Knife of the Traitor\renpy\execution.py", line 269, in run
File "I:\Filmy\Inne\Gry\Doujin\The Knife of the Traitor\The Knife of the Traitor\renpy\display\error.py", line 96, in report_exception
File "I:\Filmy\Inne\Gry\Doujin\The Knife of the Traitor\The Knife of the Traitor\renpy\game.py", line 289, in invoke_in_new_context
File "I:\Filmy\Inne\Gry\Doujin\The Knife of the Traitor\The Knife of the Traitor\renpy\display\error.py", line 40, in call_exception_screen
File "I:\Filmy\Inne\Gry\Doujin\The Knife of the Traitor\The Knife of the Traitor\renpy\ui.py", line 237, in interact
File "I:\Filmy\Inne\Gry\Doujin\The Knife of the Traitor\The Knife of the Traitor\renpy\display\core.py", line 1798, in interact
File "I:\Filmy\Inne\Gry\Doujin\The Knife of the Traitor\The Knife of the Traitor\renpy\display\core.py", line 2103, in interact_core
File "I:\Filmy\Inne\Gry\Doujin\The Knife of the Traitor\The Knife of the Traitor\renpy\display\core.py", line 1387, in draw_screen
File "render.pyx", line 366, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4470)
File "render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2063)
File "I:\Filmy\Inne\Gry\Doujin\The Knife of the Traitor\The Knife of the Traitor\renpy\display\layout.py", line 511, in render
File "render.pyx", line 95, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2325)
File "render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2063)
File "I:\Filmy\Inne\Gry\Doujin\The Knife of the Traitor\The Knife of the Traitor\renpy\display\layout.py", line 511, in render
File "render.pyx", line 95, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2325)
File "I:\Filmy\Inne\Gry\Doujin\The Knife of the Traitor\The Knife of the Traitor\renpy\display\screen.py", line 273, in render
File "I:\Filmy\Inne\Gry\Doujin\The Knife of the Traitor\The Knife of the Traitor\renpy\display\layout.py", line 854, in render
File "I:\Filmy\Inne\Gry\Doujin\The Knife of the Traitor\The Knife of the Traitor\renpy\display\layout.py", line 662, in render
File "I:\Filmy\Inne\Gry\Doujin\The Knife of the Traitor\The Knife of the Traitor\renpy\text\text.py", line 1309, in render
ValueError: subsurface rectangle outside surface area

Windows-XP-5.1.2600-Dodatek_Service_Pack_3
Ren'Py 6.13.7.1646
A Ren'Py Game 0.0

Can you help me with it? I really want to play this game, it looks very interesting...
Oh, and I have Windows XP if you need this information
And english is not my first language, so I'm sorry if there are any mistakes.

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#25 Post by clua »

ªAª....so many comments ;_; Im very happy XDD
krasotka1 wrote:Oh my gosh!! Your game is really coooool!! All the guys are *fdgsdhiajnmbfs* no comments *.*
I wasn't expecting Corvus to be SO HOT *.*
And LOL!! The fanservice was HILARIOUS!! XDD My favourite is "Rule 63"!!
And... I wanna see the On the Beach section T.T
Thanks for making this game xD You are the best xD
ªqª hehe I guess you could call him the main guy...which is weird because in all the game he is not human.
And wee I like genderbending!
Im so sorry for the beach scene since..Its not like I wanted to be it like that..It was because I didnt had time to draw something decent..orz
Thank you so much!!
Auro-Cyanide wrote:OMG , I LOVED it! You did a really, really good job on it. All the art work was very impressive and unique, the storyline was quirky and interesting and the endings were all different, I really likes all of them, even the bad ones.
I got all the endings, but I did use the hints for Gervase's and Vosges's. I think the main problem with the level of difficulty was that there were no indicators as to which route you should choose. For instance, why would Gervase want you to forgive Corvus and how did that effect his ending? Hints in the story are good, like how Lilja mentions what he is a patron god of.

I really liked the sense of humour in everything, and the more dramatic moments in some of the endings. I do feel that some places were a little too serious given the overall tone of voice though. Talking about torture and massacres in a serious manner and not a tongue in cheek manner kind of clashes with the overall humour. Gervase eating Os is funny because it suits the tone. Vosges talking about Os killing his village, not so much. I think it would have been fine to leave it a bit more open ended. Take a more light hearted approach to the horror elements like you do most of the time. I really like the fact Os is kind of an evil queen, but sometimes the serious tone of voice threw me a bit.

I only caught on typo, where you first meet Vosges. "Gaze at the sky and you will see a small green light there".
Anyway, congratulations! You did such an awesome job on it. I loved the bonus content and music too XD I should do some fanart of Os~
Holy molly such a great feedback ;_; Thank you so much!!
Ah the problem on that part..And It may sound silly because I dont have a proper explanation...Is because you could get all the routes but the Corvus one in one play ...So I decided to manage better the points there...My problem was that I couldnt mess much with the first part of the game and this problem I realized..Quite late orz..So I had to make something on the forgive part...It did played good for Vosges since he didnt liked egoists like Corvus or Os but I think It could be very blurry why would it fav to Gervase...

;_; That was my bad..orz I wanted to make a funny game but I wanted to conserve the serious parts also...I need to graduate my angst....We are going to get another version of the game soon XD Since I wanted to check some sprites and Anarchy wanted to edit some more..defenitely we needed feedback like yours!
ºººººqº!! Omg fanart I cant be more happy to hear that !!
DiamondRoseTears wrote:Haha I had fun playing it!!
Althought at first I didn't expect to like it this much!!
My fave ending although was corvus and after him was Gervase but I wanted a kiss scene with him!!!!! :P
ehehehee...something like this? Or like this?
Raindrops wrote:Congratulations on finishing the game! I really liked the look of the screenshots, so this was one of the first that I downloaded once it was out xD
First ending I got was Gervase's bad ending.
I mean really, you pulled my knife out? Bad dog!
Then, I decided that I wanted to go for Lilja. His good ending just made me laugh.
I mean really, I didn't know where to look. Even with the mosaic.
Nice touch with the bonus material after getting all the endings - or 'fanservice' as you called it.
Male Os *drool*.
On the whole, I loved it!
Yes its because he was so much afraid of her that they got an stonger fight than the Good ending
And Im very glad you went after Lilja! He need smore attention lol...If not he will be more depressed
distorsion wrote:
"Tits... lots of them."
"How about pussies? I like pussies."
I NEARLY DIED LAUGHING
Lol...Well four years trapped there made its effects on everyone XD

teacup wrote:Ahaha, I just love this game! Everything about it is great - the art, the music, the story, the characters - all brilliant! So far, I only got Corvus ending and the ending where
Os is killed by Gervase... even though I followed the walkthrough. I must have done something horribly wrong X_X;
, but I'm going to get the rest of them now~
It's definitely the most unique visual novel I've played, so great work ^_^ Not to mention, it made me laugh out loud several times.
Are you accepting fanart for it?
I love Corvus, he might just be my favorite character from any VN, ever. XD I really want to draw him.
Ohh...Gosh Gervase..again lol
We need to balance his route lol

and Of course why wouldnt I accept it ºqº..It would be an honor for me! Thank you so much for playing!!
XDD As I talked with Anarchy before I wish I could had more time to develop more their routes..Specially Lilja and Gervase...They are kind of abbandoned compared to Corvus and Vosges orz
And since Lilja was the shortest route...I wanted to give him a little more of screen
He should be the god of fanservice
Ah that would be cool! Maybe I can do some wallpapers hehe
Anarchy wrote:

Yaaaay fellow Lilja fan! *glomp*

Cya, the tone will be fixed (somewhat) in future releases~ Thanks for the critique!
XDD!! He deserved more attention
And Yep! We may launch a fixed version :D!!! Thank you guys for all your thoughts!!
aestate wrote:I'm super impressed that you made such a fantastic VN in a month. Your art / colouring is so gorgeous (hnggg jelly jelly jelly) and I lol'd so much while reading the VN. I found the music, surprisingly enough, went nicely with the mood of the story.
And the twist is definitely...twisty!

Changing the menu image after reaching a good end was a lovely touch, but it would be so MAGICAL if the image were randomised at start-up. I played through the game like ten extra times, trying to figure out which menu I liked best. :'D
I totally failed in my first playthrough and bad ends galore because I tried to be all sneaky and polyamorous. Hahaha OTL.
Corvus is so cuuute. /flails around.
I cant believe myself too! Im very proud of it because I learned a lot and I hope I can learn more in the future to make something much better!
D:!!Lol my friend was asking for a harem..Then Im making some wallpapers from the titlecards hehe!
NanaVampire wrote:I don't know why, but I have an error when I'm starting this game...
There's a message that says:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Can you help me with it? I really want to play this game, it looks very interesting...
Oh, and I have Windows XP if you need this information
And english is not my first language, so I'm sorry if there are any mistakes.
D:!!!!!!!!!!!! arg...Maybe its because the version of renpy? It was made with 6.13.7 Im going to download the lastest and try with that
Btw I did had a similar problem on my old mac...And It worked fine when I launched directly by renpy engine(Which is not a great solution..orz)What language do you speak? I speak spanish! If you speak it too let me know :D!

Im going to try to figure it out nanavampire s problem and also reward myself playing nano s vn ºqº!
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

NanaVampire

#26 Post by NanaVampire »

No, sorry, I speak Polish ^^
I hope that you'll figure it out! ^_^ When I'm looking at screenshots I want to play it more and more xD Looks funny and cute ^_^

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#27 Post by Mink »

And now I got the Lilja end
I can't tell you how much I cracked up when he was spontaneously naked. "It's called fanservice."
At least the game is honest. X3

Also in the end CG where
Corvus is still flapped over Os' face, trying to hide Lilja's naughty bits, but Os is just like, 8D
I'm kind of wondering now, though: are those eyes Os is wearing actual eyes, or just decoration? Because
if she kills/tortures people, then I suspect those are actual eyes.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#28 Post by teacup »

Finally got all the endings. I'm still in love with Corvus but the other endings are great, too :>
especially Lilja... lmfao
Your fanart sketch is complete, so expect to see it soon! ^o^

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#29 Post by Anna »

I am so going to play this now~ I don't care I'm dead, I just want to celebrate freedom in a way and your work looks awesome <3!

Riku
Regular

#30 Post by Riku »

Wow! That's an amazing game! The art is splendid and really immersive. The music and the sounds are really nice, perfectly in my tastes. The story is well thought, it was hard to guess who was the culprit. The characters are original and adorable, I particulary love Corvus and Gervase.

Congratulation! Keep on the good works!