The Knife of the Traitor[NaNoRenO 2012] Translations!!!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: The Knife of the Traitor[NaNoRenO 2012] Translations!!!

#226 Post by Googaboga »

I loved this game :]. It was so funny and interesting and unique and just plain entertaining. The art/designs/overall look at the game was fantastic as well. I hope to come back to it and play it again sometime even though I've already gotten all the endings X3.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

snowflakes
Regular
Projects: Improve my art
Deviantart: vychi

#227 Post by snowflakes »

I'm amazed of your awesomeness. This game inspired me to try harder to do my drawings and to join in this community. Congratulations, and I loved Lilja, so ramdom and funny! Thanks for creating games that inspire like this one ^-^

Willowen
Projects: Oh My Deer
Organization: Endless Production
Tumblr: Endless-Production
Deviantart: Willowen

#228 Post by Willowen »

Gosh, I know this is an old topic and no one has posted here in over a year but I have to say that this was my first and still is one of my favorite VN's of all time. The creator of this game is an absolute genius.I would recommend this to anyone looking for an intriguing story line with diverse characters and breathtaking artwork.
Currently Working on

Asevera

#229 Post by Asevera »

Just wanted to say that the link didn't work when I tried to download the french version

perrydave
Tumblr: perrydave
Deviantart: perrydave
Github: perrydave
Soundcloud: perrydave

#230 Post by perrydave »

If that is the case that the link didn't work then I guess there is some possible solution to that. Probably you were not follow the steps.

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#231 Post by clua »

Thank you everyone for your kind words! I've fixed the link to french translation(It was broken, sorry!)

Just some little notes about it:
-I'm going to add the game to Itch, an updated version actually with minor fixes(I was watching some LPs of the game and everyone misses the intro :_:)
-I'm posting Dutch translation I was provided very soon(I'm very sorry for the long wait on this, it's all my fault)

More stuff of TKOT is found on my devblog here
Some goodies are:
-Some silly comics of the game
-Graphics pack for LPs or videos in general
-Small artbook
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#232 Post by clua »

Hey guys, just to let you know! TKOT have now an itch page :D!
Also to announce that Dutch version and Hungarian version of the game are up to download. Sorry for taking this long!
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Creative

#233 Post by Creative »

Hey man, I'd be very interested in translation your game to Polish language. If you are ok with it, please reply me in PM. Have a good day.

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince

#234 Post by Mammon »

Amazing game, loved the sprites specifically for certain moments. It really showed your dedication, knowing how each new sprite meant at least a few hours of work just to optimalise that one interaction or funny moment. I mean, there are big-production games with large budgets that keep certain characters ethereal while you're giving us a sprite of naked Lilja (which is pretty much 80% new sprite) just for the fun of it. One thing I was wondering about:
clua wrote:-I'm posting Dutch translation I was provided very soon
What made you decide to make a Dutch translation? I myself am Dutch, and I do not really think this is neccesary 99/100 times. Anyone in the Netherlands who doesn't speak sufficient English speaks German. In fact, unless it's a show like Sesame street that's for kids still too young to read subtitles, virtually no show of any format gets dubbed. I grew up with the original english CSI, NCIS, Star wars, etc. etc. and most other dutch people did as well.

I don't mean it's not appreciated, in fact I would've read it in Dutch myself had I known in time. It's just that I never really saw any VN's in Dutch (with the exception of VN's written by Dutch people) because the demand would probably be smaller than the effort to translate it. With VN's, something spread throughout the internet to be found by people who already speak some English, I'd actually guess the amount of people interested in Visual novels who could read the Dutch VN but not the English or German one would be about 10 people at most. Unless people from South Africa (which sounds a bit like 18th century Dutch) could read it too, but then a SAfrican translation would've made more sense.

So, what was the motivation behind translating this game into Dutch?
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

lalibrew

#235 Post by lalibrew »

This is incredible, awesome job.

nekobara
Regular

#236 Post by nekobara »

I played this game way back when it first came out, but I've just recently become a member on the forums so now I get to tell you how great it is! It's original. The CGs and sprites are out-of-this world amazing. The music is incredible. And the endings are especially interesting. Lilja's ending was by far the easiest to get, but I did eventually get all the others. Gervase's ending was the hardest to get for me, but one fateful day, I figured out how not to get killed by him. Haha. Corvus, oh, Corvus. So amazingly beautiful he was when not in his crow form. I'm sure you know how gorgeous Lilja and Gervase are, you don't need me to tell you that! Vosges was cute in his own way, of course! Unfortunately, a problem occurred while transferring the game to my new PC, so all of my former game data was erased. The good news is that I get to play through it all again! I really did enjoy playing it the first few dozen times, so it will in no way be a punishment. I shall once again get to work toward the best endings, the good ending CGs, and the fanservice! The fanservice was an incredible addition if I do say so myself. Overall, it was a very creative game and I look forward to playing it again! :)