The Knife of the Traitor[NaNoRenO 2012] Translations!!!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

Re: The Knife of the Traitor [Comedy/Mystery/GXB][NaNoRenO 2

#166 Post by clua »

michi 18 wrote:I d download it
Thank you! if you like you can give your opinion!
dreamingdaze wrote:Huh.

I actually enjoyed this. It was surprisingly interesting and different. The protag actually had a spine and while I still am not fond of otome, it was interesting to me. A bit of an emotional whiplash in terms of humor/drama, but not a terrible thing. Original art and very interesting set up that surprised me with the ending.

Nice job.
XD, You sound like you don't like the genre, may I ask what did make you play this? Maybe the premise, the art?
Thank you for playing!
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

#167 Post by michi 18 »

I love Corvus!
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

KrefiUngranted

#168 Post by KrefiUngranted »

clua wrote: Ohh...Well actually I'm not that sure XD...When I was translating it into spanish it went like this:

+I started translating from english to spanish, without caring if it sounded good on spanish lol.
+then I had to read more than once the whole text, and find those sentences which sounded too literal. and fixed them.
+I guess if I finish this part, I should re-read it once again to find miss spells and such.
+then I would worry about the graphical assets, as Veniae said(Thank you for that, btw) they are for example the text on the fanservice section(the one on the images)

Of course if you need help with those let me know...I can take the translated text and put it on the images.

And yes it was a pain, to the point that I actually didn't even paste anything....But I realized I was a little bit rude by writting like that orz...
Veniae wrote:Graphic assets are the visual part of the game - character sprites, backgrounds, CGs.

</random jump into conversation>
Thank you for that! :D

KrefiUngranted wrote:
Veniae wrote:Graphic assets are the visual part of the game - character sprites, backgrounds, CGs.

</random jump into conversation>

Lol! That's okay. Thank you for telling me what that is!

So basically, if I receive the graphic assets from her, will I be able to put in the translations myself? Is that how it's done?
Yep! But if you are not sure I can help you with that...I spent too many years on photoshop :A:!

Ahh, no, that wouldn't have been rude at all!
Plenty of people write informally without "perfect" grammar anyway!

About the translations, hahahaha, I know how to do that part, but I was wondering WHERE I would make the translations, and HOW I would get them to you!
Hahaha, sorry for being very unclear in my questions.
But that advice on how to do translations is very helpful! I actually do the exact same things when I'm translating for someone else!

So in order to translate your game for you, would I receive all of your graphical assets from you, write in all of the translations, and then send them back?

Or would I make the translations on a separate document, say, a Word document and then send it to you so that you can put in the translations yourself?
For example:
Let's say Corvus said, "No, my lady! It's too dangerous!"

Then on my Word document, I would write:
Corvus: "No, my lady! It's too dangerous!
Translation: 코버스: "안됩니다! 너무 위험합니다!"

Like that?

Also!
I sent you a PM with my e-mail address in it, so please feel free to e-mail me!
I check my e-mail more frequently than I do this forum (Please forgive me. OTL), so I think that if we e-mailed each other, I would not take a week or even a whole month to reply to you. OTL
So very sorry for my late replies.

heavyblade
Regular
Projects: Lucifer's Curse
Organization: Splitin2kun

#169 Post by heavyblade »

I just finished playing this. It was different from the other games I've played so far. I love how the characters looked so unique and wonderful!
I liked the ending too.
Corvus is so kawaii!! =3
Want to hire me for commissions? E-mail me at rsalimnarayanan@gmail[dot]com

wordlesswriter
Regular
Projects: ~La Dame de la Mer~

#170 Post by wordlesswriter »

Let me just say that the art in this game is some of the best I've seen. I loooove your style. @w@
The story and writing was great too- I feel like it had a great balance of comedy and seriousness. Plus Os seemed so cool and stoic. I love that in a female protagonist. :D (Especially when the alternative is "AhhhhH! My emoooootions! D: " )

hokaru

#171 Post by hokaru »

I finished playing the game ^^ all 7 endings.

My god...
Corvus look unexpectedly handsome in the kiss CG... the girl don't look that good though xD compared to him in CG. He look so cute in rule 63 xD

I don't like Gervase's normal look but he looks good in Gakuen Traitor (& in chibi), in Gakuen Traitor, he looks better than Corvus :O He look cute in rule 63 too.

kukiko-tan
Regular
Completed: Fear Not
Projects: The Song of the Caged Crow, Revealed Royalty, The Golden Seed
Organization: RONI
Deviantart: kukiko-tan

#172 Post by kukiko-tan »

Wow wow wooooow ; o ; ) <333 I loved this game so so soooo much!
And..I ..can't choose my favourite XD
The first I tried to go after was the mushroom shota ~ <-- shota fetisher //shot jkjk
I loved them all ~ the protagonist girl too > 3 <
A really good job with everything~ ; 3 ; )/ this is that kind of game that inspires me to make my games too

Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

#173 Post by Destiny »

I...seriously never wrote something in here? O__O

I love your game, it is so awesome, cool and bizarre.
My favorites are the doggy and the crow ^^
And the chibi actions are so cute (like the drooling doggy and the chibi mushroom <3)
Cards of Destiny (WIP) / Sky Eye (WIP)

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#174 Post by clua »

Hey guys, I'm been not...so well, anyway I'm here to answer.
michi 18 wrote:I love Corvus!
haha I'm very glad! I love him to...:_:
KrefiUngranted wrote:
Ahh, no, that wouldn't have been rude at all!
Plenty of people write informally without "perfect" grammar anyway!

About the translations, hahahaha, I know how to do that part, but I was wondering WHERE I would make the translations, and HOW I would get them to you!
Hahaha, sorry for being very unclear in my questions.
But that advice on how to do translations is very helpful! I actually do the exact same things when I'm translating for someone else!

So in order to translate your game for you, would I receive all of your graphical assets from you, write in all of the translations, and then send them back?

Or would I make the translations on a separate document, say, a Word document and then send it to you so that you can put in the translations yourself?
For example:
Let's say Corvus said, "No, my lady! It's too dangerous!"

Then on my Word document, I would write:
Corvus: "No, my lady! It's too dangerous!
Translation: 코버스: "안됩니다! 너무 위험합니다!"

Like that?

Also!
I sent you a PM with my e-mail address in it, so please feel free to e-mail me!
I check my e-mail more frequently than I do this forum (Please forgive me. OTL), so I think that if we e-mailed each other, I would not take a week or even a whole month to reply to you. OTL
So very sorry for my late replies.
Well I felt like that because almost everyone seems to speak perfect english(even if it's not their mother tongue)
I tryed to explain it better on my mail I sent you(hope it's helpfull!) Anyway, thank you so much for your help.
I'm really happy the game is translated in other languages. I actually have a surprice but I will write that on a separate post.

No worries for the late replies! Really!
heavyblade wrote:I just finished playing this. It was different from the other games I've played so far. I love how the characters looked so unique and wonderful!
I liked the ending too.
Corvus is so kawaii!! =3
Thank you for playing the game, I'm glad you liked it even if it doesn't fit the steriotype.
I agree on Corvus haha.

wordlesswriter wrote:Let me just say that the art in this game is some of the best I've seen. I loooove your style. @w@
The story and writing was great too- I feel like it had a great balance of comedy and seriousness. Plus Os seemed so cool and stoic. I love that in a female protagonist. :D (Especially when the alternative is "AhhhhH! My emoooootions! D: " )
Are you talking about Lord Os? XD
Thank you so much for playing it! I'm surprised how well was Os recieved. Protagonists on Otomes needs more atention IMO...orz
hokaru wrote:I finished playing the game ^^ all 7 endings.

My god...
Corvus look unexpectedly handsome in the kiss CG... the girl don't look that good though xD compared to him in CG. He look so cute in rule 63 xD

I don't like Gervase's normal look but he looks good in Gakuen Traitor (& in chibi), in Gakuen Traitor, he looks better than Corvus :O He look cute in rule 63 too.
XD
Sorry for the inconsistencies on the game, I don't know if you are refering to Os being drawn less pretty than Corvus or maybe her expression on that CG doesn't fit? haha well she recived that kiss without a warning so she is kind on shock lol

Thank you for playing the game!!
kukiko-tan wrote:Wow wow wooooow ; o ; ) <333 I loved this game so so soooo much!
And..I ..can't choose my favourite XD
The first I tried to go after was the mushroom shota ~ <-- shota fetisher //shot jkjk
I loved them all ~ the protagonist girl too > 3 <
A really good job with everything~ ; 3 ; )/ this is that kind of game that inspires me to make my games too
;A; Vosges needs more atention, I put all my might on those resent lines of him orz
And wow, that's the kind of effect that I would like to have on people, please make your game and good luck with it XD!!
Thank you.
Destiny wrote:I...seriously never wrote something in here? O__O

I love your game, it is so awesome, cool and bizarre.
My favorites are the doggy and the crow ^^
And the chibi actions are so cute (like the drooling doggy and the chibi mushroom <3)
XD Thank you for playing it! I actually hated to draw chibies a few years ago, but on my previous job, my boss obligated me to draw cute things so...It's like I will never recover from those dark days. Anyway I always loved cute animals XD
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#175 Post by clua »

Sorry mods for my double post, I need to separate one this. Hope you don't mind :_:
THE KNIFE OF THE TRAITOR
Translated versions
GERMAN-Thanks to Marcel Weyers
Click to Download

FRENCH-Thanks to the folks of Tsukiyo Novel
Click to Download
RUSSIAN-Thanks to WKS
Click to Download

DUTCH-Thanks to VisualNovels.nl
Click to Download
HUNGARIAN-Thanks to Hayako fansub
Click to Download
Last edited by clua on Sun May 08, 2016 10:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

NoJoker
Regular
Completed: Sleepless Night series, Soulmates, TIWIWTD, TKABS
Projects: Legend of the Silver Fox, Sleepless Night 3
Deviantart: Massimow
itch: massimow
Discord: Massimo#3596

#176 Post by NoJoker »

Wow cool. You even drew a picture for the German version. Haha that's so funny. Thanks :)
I hope people will like the German version.

sparkygirl266

#177 Post by sparkygirl266 »

Have you made any other visual novels? I really liked your dialogue and your style is interesting.

miyoyan
Regular

#178 Post by miyoyan »

TL;DR version of this post: YES. Also let me translate to Spanish. And that's why backtracking is important and I shouldn't skip pages. Tell me you're visiting Argentina so I can bake you cookies. Serious.

Long version: this is exactly what I needed. I've been wanting to make a game for... uh, check my join date. But I had no idea what I wanted it to feel like. I'm glad I found this little piece of awesomeness <3 The art is absolutely wonderful. I love the colouring in particular, and the character design (Os! The tiny kid Vosges! Lilija!) had me picking up my jaw from the floor several times. If I were a zombie, I would have discarded it halfway the first playthrough.
(VERY light spoiler ahead:)
I love the twist. I didn't pick up the clue first when Saint WTF mentioned it, because I was too amazed by the art.
One instance of the art being too good, I guess.
And the music!
My only complaint is that the kid's route is not very intuitive, and that the gallery doesn't include the extra pictures (such as the menus). I read someone found the changes in tone disconcerting, but I didn't have that problem. Do note that I'm not a native speaker so a bit of the shock value does get lost.
If you could send me the script, I'd be happy to translate this. First, because I want to be able to spam that link to the few people that has escaped my fangirling. And second, I want to see 'shroomy with a gaucho outfit. Or a sombrero. Or a matador cape. Or some unholy combination of those.

RunicV
Veteran
IRC Nick: RunicV

#179 Post by RunicV »

Just completed the game~!

I wanted to say that I loved the game! Every single part of it, from the art, to the character designs to the music to the story, everything!
I loved the twist! I had actually thought that Gervase was the one who did it. I found all the endings interesting, although hard to get. Especially Liljah's ending ROFLMAO. The bonus was excellent, too. :D
My favourite character was Gervase, followed by Os, Liljah, and then Corvus and Vosges. I really liked the music, especially Gervase's Theme, although whenever I heard it, I got freaked out and thought something bad was going to happen.
The ending where Gervase eats Os is... TOO DAMN SAD OAO ;_; She was his childhood friend, turned into a tyrant, tortured him, and he ate her? That's freaking sad. D:
But I have to say, you're amazing for doing all this in one month. Especially the art. *_* Keep up the beautiful work~
Hatred: the absence of love.
Please, treat me with kindness.

Skarn
Regular

#180 Post by Skarn »

Just finish it. Good game, with a great number of choices and available paths in proportion to its total length. The good endings are not so easy to get, but, since the game is short, I manage to discover them all without using the hints, simply by exhausting the possibilities. Clearly loved the hellish settings (a little something of Disgaea?), the main twists, and the mute scenes where the heroine must use her notebook to communicate.