Ristorante Amore [NaNoRenO 2012] +German translation

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

Re: Ristorante Amore [NaNoRenO 2012] +RPY files and v1.1

#106 Post by Obscura »

Yay, thank you so much for this breakdown of the lovely bg work you did.

You guys are the best!!! As I mentioned it's only because you released your RenPy scripts that I could figure out one of the Cookbook codes had an error. (Which reminds me, I should put the updated code in the Cookbook section of the forum...)

Anyways, stuff like this a TREMENDOUS help to those working on our first game. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Thank you so much!!!
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

princessofbalance
Projects: WIP indigo faerie

#107 Post by princessofbalance »

ooooooooo~ looks intriguing i'm gonna try it right away
ART comes in all forms, because every tool for art is made differently

Veniae
Veteran

#108 Post by Veniae »

Finally played it and... why the fuck hadn't I done it earlier? Seriously, it's so lovely ;u; I won't go into detail right now, but that's a great idea and really well done, too!

Also, wonderful characters! I really can't say who I like the most, everyone of them grew on me! (Especially the boys.)

The art was also gorgeous hnnnnnnnng and OMG that GUI. <3

thedarkdefender
Regular
Projects: TBTR
Organization: Clockwork Cafe

#109 Post by thedarkdefender »

My reaction to the post-prologue: Dafuq did I just read?

I really loved this! Totally blew my mind.

GREAT JOB. ^^v

ryuuki12

#110 Post by ryuuki12 »

This is one of the best VN i ever played!
cant believe this was done in a month! (O^_^O)
the art, storyline and the soundtrack are superb!
i really love this!
risamo is one of my favorite!!
congrats on the game!

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#111 Post by CheeryMoya »

Played this a long time ago and only now do I have the time to write a review. I might get some minor details wrong, so sorry :C
Camille wrote:Not sure why you have that one part in spoiler tags... Auro and I are perfectly fine with negative feedback.
I've seen more than my fair of fans who reacted to negative feedback directed towards the creators. It's really strange and not at all a pretty thing to see :/ But if you guys are okay with it, here I go. Keep in mind that it's my pure opinion, so do with it what you will.

Truth be told, I haven't played through all of the prologue routes yet. I don't think I will unless I want to study the cliches of otome writing because it's painful for me >_>
It would have been more believable if there was more than one background during that section because keeping it at the restaurant made it feel like Lily* lived at the restaurant; that, or she passes out at night and no one bothers to drag her out of the place. I'm pretty sure she doesn't do either of the two :/

As for the post-prologue, it wasn't engaging to me for some strange reason. The twist was a slight surprise, but what came after that? Slice of life and nothing too out of this world. It felt like a letdown to me since I was expecting something on a conspiracy level >_> Pierre/Josh's narration wasn't redundant or boring, but the characters didn't interest me so much. Ethan was the nice guy who can't take care of himself, Liam was the guy lusting for your love, Angelina was the girl controlled by her parents' expectations, and Laura was the girl trying to keep up with the reputation of her siblings.
When I read story, I like to take something along with me long after reading it; here, I didn't find anything to take with me or remember. In fact, I had to turn on the game again to look up the names and make sure I didn't switch them up. I did connect with Laura the most but her route seemed like it was somewhat rushed or skimped on. IDK, that was the feeling I got while reading it :C

In terms of art, the sprites were nice to glance at, but the more I look at them the more unsettled I get. Whenever I'd look at them while reading, I'd get distracted with their eyes and wonder where they were looking. I mean, they're not looking at me or each other, so what are they staring at? I might be the only one bothered by that kind of stuff >_> BGs were good, no qualms there. As for the CGs, I know you guys had NaNoRenO time constants, but the anatomy was not so great.
One that startled me a lot was Angelina's CG. It wasn't the context of the scene itself, but rather her eye. When I saw it, I thought it was going to slide off her face or something D:
Needless to say, the CGs could have used a bit more fix up on some places.
And has someone pointed out that Liam's CG has the wrong outfit on him? I did a double-take on that scene.
I still find myself humming or whistling some of the OST sometimes, but the music was a tad bit too loud during gameplay. That's all I'll say on it since the music was bought from a variety of sources.

Final verdict: Overall, RisAmo is a game that ranks among one of the top on LSF in terms of quality and production values. It wasn't able to captivate me like it has with so many other players here, but I can respect the amount of work you guys put into it. Worth a play if you want a different look at the romance genre, but so much potential was turned over in favor for a slice of life story. Not bad in of itself, but there could have been more.

Maybe if I feel like it, I'll write you guys some Lily*xBroom fics >_> My ship shall never sink!

Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

#112 Post by Destiny »

.....................This was one of the most surprising games EVER O__O
I'm still totally mindblown.
I mean, when you do the postprologue you suddenly think "Oh-oh, I remember something simliar at the beginning of "Alien", everbody run, they are gonna eat you!!"
And then happens what happens without warning xD
But seriously, I enjoyed it so much. My hand hurts from all that clicking but I just had to play it through.
Even though I wasn't able to talk to Laura properly (guess, it was wrong of me to accuse her of being helpless %D).

But seriously.
The idea, the graphics, the music, the "cheesy" text.
And I can so totally relate to Ethan :'D

Seriously, the only missing part was making Lily* go all on Laura or Angelina and my head would have exploded from the awesomeness that someone did put almost every genre in one game *__*
Never stop making games, NEVER EVER!

P.S.
Thanks for making the save slots show the route. I was sometimes irritated why some characters talked to me despite trying to get someone else. That is a good way of showing the player did something wrong ^^
Cards of Destiny (WIP) / Sky Eye (WIP)

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#113 Post by Camille »

Thanks for all the comments on RisAmo! ;_; Auro and I went through a lot of work and stress to get the game out, so we're really floored by all the responses, good or bad. Even if you didn't like the game so much, it still requires time and effort to get through it even once, so we appreciate you choosing to spend your time on our game.

If you guys haven't seen it yet, I wrote a Cyanide Tea blog post a little while back that addresses most of the common questions/concerns regarding the game. Aaand I wrote this mini-rant/essay on Tumblr about
homophobic comments we've received about the game.
The blog post and rant/essay have spoilers, too, so if you haven't finished the game yet, you should probably wait until afterwards if you want to read them. Note: that's my personal/fandom tumblr. If you want to follow it, go ahead, but I post a lot of stuff that might not be very relevant to you. XD I have a side tumblr specifically for VN/Cyanide Tea stuff if you'd like to follow that instead.

@CheeryMoya:
We considered a lot of more twisty/crazy story ideas for the post-prologue, but ultimately decided that if we wanted to be able to finish the game in a month, the plot couldn't be too complex. Plus, most of our games involve conspiracies and huge plot twists and whatnot, so we wanted to take a step back and do something more light-hearted for a change. |D;

Not all people, even in real life, are super complex or strange. I suppose my end goal with writing the post-prologue characters was that I wanted them to be realistic and relatable. For the most part, I think I succeeded on that since a lot of people have commented as such. It's a shame you couldn't find something you really liked/could take away from the game, but not everybody is going to, after all. That's why there are so many different games in the world. XD Anyway, thanks for your time both playing the game and writing a review.

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#114 Post by Mink »

Camille wrote:
Oh joy, I haven't been able to use this image in a while!

Oh, uh, I played it. Enjoyed it, though I'm not sure what to say that anyone else hasn't. My only real issue is that
the twist they're in an alternate dimension/planet/thing does seem to come out of nowhere. The only thing I could think of that fix that would be to at least vaguely hint at it somehow, like something sort of weird happens that's like a game glitch.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Ristorante Amore [NaNoRenO 2012] +German translation

#115 Post by Camille »

The game is now available in German thanks to Marcel Weyers.

+ The German version is using Ren'Py 6.14 so if there are any problems with it, please let me know.
+ I had to split up some of the text screens differently because the German translation made some parts overflow the textbox. So the German version has slightly more screens than the English version and things don't flow exactly the same, but it's pretty close.
+ I edited the chibi CGs so that the text would be in German.

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#116 Post by Deji »

I finally got around to play this!
I can't believe I managed to avoid all the spoilers for this game so far, haha! Except the fact i knew the game did a turn after the "prologue".

While reading/playing the prologue I was like "uh... this is so cheesy... when does this become cool?"

And man, I *loved* the post-prologue! *-*
Pierre, Angelina and Liam were my faves, I think :) I think the only character I didn't click much with was Laura.

I'm really bad at reviewing things, sorry ^^;
I loved it <3

When I have the time, I need to draw you some fan art <3
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

#117 Post by Destiny »

German version *__*
Yaaaaaaaaaaay \o/
You can't imagine how I'm freaking out right now xD
*download*
Cards of Destiny (WIP) / Sky Eye (WIP)

kkffoo
Regular
Completed: Tea For Two [KN]

#118 Post by kkffoo »

This game is a class act.
The characters are particularly visually appealing and I appreciated the subtle eye-movements which brought them to life.

Loved the novelty of the change between first and second acts, really interesting twist which adds another dimension.
Some of the conversations got a little repetitive in the second half, but the humour and fresh approach really lift this game into a work of art.

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#119 Post by Camille »

Mink wrote:
Camille wrote:
Oh joy, I haven't been able to use this image in a while!

Oh, uh, I played it. Enjoyed it, though I'm not sure what to say that anyone else hasn't. My only real issue is that
the twist they're in an alternate dimension/planet/thing does seem to come out of nowhere. The only thing I could think of that fix that would be to at least vaguely hint at it somehow, like something sort of weird happens that's like a game glitch.
We've heard some mixed things about the twist... Some people said that there were some hints in the prologue that they picked up on, and some said that it did come out of nowhere. XD; I probably would do it differently if I was writing the script now, but I suppose this is mainly another issue that came about because of the rushed timeline of planning and production for the game.

Anyway, super glad that you enjoyed the game. (:
Deji wrote:I finally got around to play this!
I can't believe I managed to avoid all the spoilers for this game so far, haha! Except the fact i knew the game did a turn after the "prologue".

While reading/playing the prologue I was like "uh... this is so cheesy... when does this become cool?"

And man, I *loved* the post-prologue! *-*
Pierre, Angelina and Liam were my faves, I think :) I think the only character I didn't click much with was Laura.

I'm really bad at reviewing things, sorry ^^;
I loved it <3

When I have the time, I need to draw you some fan art <3
XD It's amazing you managed to avoid spoilers! I'm glad that you were able to fully enjoy the game for yourself, then. Haha that's a pretty common reaction to the prologue. XD I'm happy that you enjoyed the rest of the game! We'd be very honored to receive fanart from you. *A*
Destiny wrote:German version *__*
Yaaaaaaaaaaay \o/
You can't imagine how I'm freaking out right now xD
*download*
I hope you enjoy it! <3 Let us know what you think afterwards. :D
kkffoo wrote:This game is a class act.
The characters are particularly visually appealing and I appreciated the subtle eye-movements which brought them to life.

Loved the novelty of the change between first and second acts, really interesting twist which adds another dimension.
Some of the conversations got a little repetitive in the second half, but the humour and fresh approach really lift this game into a work of art.
Thank you so much! The second half was probably repetitive just because I didn't have as much time to plan out the story... Other people have said that the post-prologue was rather formulaic and I apologize for that. :C It was the result of rushed planning due to this being for NaNoRenO. Anyway, we're very pleased that you enjoyed the game and think of it as a work of art. (:

Takanashi
Regular

#120 Post by Takanashi »

I finally had the time available to play this. I've been eager to play it since it was announced here on nanoreno.
In fact so eager, that I massively failed in avoiding the spoilers :P

I'll start with the technical part.
From the main menu to the quick menu. From the preferences to the bonus section.
Everything looks amazing and professional. It's even more shocking, when we remind ourselves that this was made in a month. I don't think that there was a single thing I disliked on this part.

Character wise, you can notice the effort and work given towards each individual character. Pierre smoking, Angelina hair being tide up or loose, the various facial expressions and animations for each one of the cast, etc. Everything looks and feels great and those details made everything even more enjoyable.
The backgrounds did blend perfectly with the characters, as I had already mentioned in another thread, I really do like them.

The fact that Auro drew the GUI, characters, CG and did the backgrounds in one month, it's frightening for me. Artists are really amazing.
Great work.

The only thing that seemed a bit "off" to me was the CGs. For some reason, they didn't clicked with me(I haven't seen all, I only got 4 endings so far). The better way to explain it would be, that the characters seem a little different from the ones represented via sprite, they just seem different in my eyes.

The music transitions were well made and well picked, always serving their purpose and reflecting well the atmosphere of the scene.

On to the script/story part
I had already been spoiled by none other than myself, so I already knew what I was getting myself into.
The prologue is mainly a otome game. It starts a little on the slow side as the characters are introduced one after another, but as we keep advancing through the prologue the pace picks itself up.

Even though I rarely play otome games, Camille writing was pretty engaging so it kept me going.
I'll admit. I started by hating the protagonist, Lily, but by the end of the prologue, I had already made ammends with her. She was "OK" in my book. She showed an actual backbone in some of the routes after all.

Taking the MC out of the equation, the other characters were all unique and interesting. Strangely enough, I remember thinking "Are Laura and Liam simblings or what?" the first time I saw them.
The characters reactions/actions were spot on for the most part, except a case or two where I thought things happened "too fast".
For example, I remember thinking that Angelina was way too easily befriended by Lili for example; but if we take in consideration what happens in the second part, this can be explained by the "script".

side note:
One thing I loved was how the time transitions were done, I usually struggle in representing the hours passing and changing the scene, the actual textbox appearing with the "later that day" was a very nifty way of doing this. Thumbs up.

Post prologue. There were already some characters I felt empathy with. Altough I found Ethan the most interesting of the bunch, I found myself controlling Pierre in the second part of the game, due to my erratic choices of trying to create havoc for Lily(and thank god, there is something wrong with Ethan in this second part!! jk :P )
Because I had already spoiled myself, I was already expecting the twist, but I still felt the impact. I really did enjoy the second part of the game the most. A good slice of life where some of the characters show us a different side to them. For example: I didn't like Angelina that much on the first part, but I really enjoyed her "real" self, shown in the second part. The character seemed much more likable and real to me in the overall.

I can't imagine how hard was to change the POV from one character to another, Camille did a fantastic work on this chapter in my eyes. The mannerims and dialogue were all very distinct. It was always well done and fluid. The inner thoughts of the characters brought additional depth to each character. I still have some characters left to explore and I will keep playing it.

I don't have much more to say except, congratulations on making such a great game!!!

I'm now even more eager to play BCM. So please do not convert it to a GL!(jk xD)